Would You Use an Animated Tarot Deck?

Hi all!

While doing a bit of “tarot windowshopping” (it’s become a hobby lol), I came across a really interesting deck- it’s called the Fablemaker’s Animated Tarot Deck. The pictures on the cards move while you read them! :star_struck:

Deck-Card-Mockup2__25224
Gif from The Animated Tarot Deck

After a bit of digging around, I found out that the cards move because they are holographic- each card has 8 or so frames that appear while you tilt and move the cards. Certainly makes for engaging readings!

I came across this deck on the maker’s website because I was originally interested in another deck they make- the Adventurer’s Tarot Deck, which is a deck based on D&D. The Adventurer’s deck, although very beautiful, seems like it might be tricky to use in readings, but when I saw this Animated Deck it really jumped out to me- I’ve never seen anything like it!

If you’re interested in the deck, here is a link to view it on the publisher’s website: THE FABLEMAKER'S ANIMATED TAROT DECK — weird works

Unfortunately, at $70 plus shipping, this deck is pretty far out of my price range :sweat_smile: But hey! Still fun to windowshop :wink:

Would you ever use an animated deck, or do you prefer traditional pictures?

Let me know what you think! :grinning:

Blessed Be!

(Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this deck nor its maker- just thought it was neat and wanted to share with fellow tarot-lovers)

14 Likes

Oh that is so awesome! :star_struck: But, I think I’d be more interested in watching it than reading it :laughing:

I’ve never seen an animated deck before! I’ve seen holographic, but not to this degree. I’m definitely taken by it, but it’s a bit out of my price range… but I do love me some window :window: shopping! :heartpulse:

I checked the other deck too & I’m in love :heart_eyes: with that one too!

9 Likes

Perhaps in the future, but not right now.

9 Likes

How interesting! I wonder how that would affect your readings. But yeah, too rich for my blood.

9 Likes

This is so cool! :star_struck: I’m not sure if I would ever use it – honestly, the holographic part my throw me off :laughing: but it’s a great idea nonetheless!

I think I would get it just because it’s a cool concept lol

9 Likes

This is a reallllllly beautiful and magical Tarot Deck Bry! :heart_eyes: :sparkles: As much as I would loooooove to get it, I know I won’t be able to as it’s too pricey! :roll_eyes: Ah! Also I am matching with you on that one habit of yours! :wink: Tarot & Oracle Window shopping is my go to pass time. I absolutely love exploring more and more decks and secretly praying to The Gods that one day they would be available at the price of vegetables! :joy: :laughing: Hahaha, honestly I know that is not gonna happen for now, so I have made peace with my three tarot decks currently that I have - The Golden Wheel Tarot, Tarot of The Divine and Tarot of Rider Waite. :innocent: Still, this was a lovely find my Travel Witch! :hugs: :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

I feel the same way… I don’t think I could actually read it though it would throw me off in a distraction kind of… Oooo… shiny! Kind of way & I’d sit there watching the cards & forget what the question or subject was :rofl:

@Solasta_Amore I’m terrible at Window Shopping :joy: I wind up with so many things on different wishlists or even in my cart then I have to come back down to earth before I wind up impulse buying them. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Haha, @Siofra_Strega that happens with me too! :blush: I seriously dunno how many carts are filled with how many items, in my case! :laughing: But one thing is serious here - The Buy Now Button, :joy: Oh god as in really that’s something equal to a dangerous temptation! :grin: :sweat_smile:
But I still heart browsing witchy stuff online, ones that I probably end up buying in my dreams! :rofl: :broom: :woman_mage:t2: :heart:

9 Likes

I’m open to the idea…as long as it’s not incredibly pricey! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

If the price was right then I say yes, but then I may not read and just play with them a lot, LOL.

10 Likes

haha exactly this! :clap: I do wonder what kind of meaning or help the animations could be to the interpretations of the cards :thinking: I would be interested to see how people read with them.

9 Likes

:exploding_head: :star_struck:An animated deck would be the coolest thing!!! My son plays D&D and has some animated cards that are so awesome! I would take the animated Tarot EVERYWHERE and tell anyone/everyone about how cool they are!!! THIS IS MY GOAL NOW!!! LOL

OH, I just read the price! Yikes!! I’d have to charge $ to do readings with this just to cover the cost!! lol

10 Likes

This is so fun! As a budding beginner, I think an actual animated card would be amazing to kind of help you learn where to focus on each picture and card… I’m having to do a lot of looking at my guide book right now, and I am finding I miss pieces. I guess it’s all part of the process of learning, but it would be so neat! This is a very cool deck!

9 Likes

I’ve seen this one before and while I do think it’s a very cool idea, it’s not for me. I’m not really into the moving versions. But I am a bit Old School :laughing:

10 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: The Mushroom Hunter Tarot Deck

@Susurrus Hahaha that’s a good point! And you’re right- I could easily see myself having a blast playing with the cards and making them move too- and never actually get any reading done :joy:

@Garnet I feel that, Garnet! If I ever won the lottery I think the money wouldn’t last as long as my wishlist- so many fun and interesting decks out there! :laughing:

@Amethyst Same! I wonder if the movement would add to readings, offering more inspiration for interpretations- or if, on the other hand, it would distract. Maybe someday one of us will come across the deck and be able to find out! :grin:

@MeganB It’s definitely got a “wow” factor going for it- I’ve seen so many amazing interpretations of the Rider Waite style deck over the years, but this is the first animated deck I’ve come across! I wonder if it will be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing, or if it will kick off a new trend for other holographic decks :sparkles:

@Solasta_Amore Hooray for a fellow deck window shopper- it’s amazing how the time flies when looking at pretty cards, right? :joy: :+1: :sparkles: And ohhh that’s a wish that we share- makes me think about looking into some prosperity spells specifically for increasing deck money :money_with_wings: :laughing: :flower_playing_cards: You’ve got three wonderful decks at your service- may they continue to serve you well! Happy reading (and window shopping)! :blush::heart:

@Kasandra It is definitely on the higher side of deck prices- my guess is that a lot of it goes into the holographic details, I imagine the materials are pretty pricey! Still- a witch can always hope for a sale (I might be checking back on this one near Black Friday or the holidays haha) :grin:

@Heav3n Hahaha they do look like the type of deck to have fun with- so many pretty cards to wiggle around and watch the animations! :joy::+1:

@GemRobin76 That’s a creative way to potentially have it pay for itself! Put the deck to work and have it earn its keep :smile: :+1:

@AileyGrey Agreed! It really caught my eye for its uniqueness- I’m glad you enjoyed seeing it too, Ailey! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Artemisia There’s a lot to be said for the beauty in the old school styles- nothing wrong with enjoying the classic decks! :heart:

10 Likes

(For anyone who wanted to see all of the animations for the cards, I found a deck flip through on YouTube)

11 Likes

That’s so sweet of you love! I will check it out…I am just tooo curious and in awe of this one! Haha…:hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: Blessed be honey @BryWisteria

6 Likes

Oh… I’m really inclined to put money :moneybag: away for this deck… the more I see it the more I’m intrigued, still not sure that I would actually be able to do the reading but maybe after some time I could once I got past the excitement of watching the cards! Hmmm… time to think about this one because I just purchased an Oracle deck & Tarot deck yesterday :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

That would be really interesting to see! :clap: I’m all for it – now as long as they can make it more affordable and accessible to others, then yes please :rofl:

I do also wonder what it’s like to shuffle the cards because the holographic frames or something usually make the cards thicker :thinking: I’m gonna give the walkthrough a watch!

7 Likes