The Mushroom Hunter Tarot Deck

Speaking of window shopping for decks… I found myself doing that today :laughing: & came across this one

Mushroom Hunter Tarot

There were other Tarot & Oracle decks I found, but this 1 reminded me of @BryWisteria

12 Likes

I hope you don’t mind that I rehomed this into another thread- I love this deck so much and I have a lot to say about it! :laughing: :heart:

The cards are gorgeous with such beautiful colors, and I really appreciate how many different types of mushrooms they feature. I saw on the website that the deck can actually be used to help identify mushrooms:

These cards can also be used as a teaching tool because the 100-page booklet that comes with them offers information on each mushroom, including its scientific and popular names as well as some interesting facts. You will get more adept at identifying each mushroom without consulting the guidebook as you use the deck more frequently.

From The Mushroom Hunter Tarot

It was clearly made by someone who loves and appreciates mushrooms- that is so neat! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It is most definitely going onto my (out of control) deck wishlist :scroll::sparkles::mushroom: Thank you so much, Siofra! :heart:

10 Likes

Oh, and speaking of mushrooms, it’s not mushroom season here in Poland yet (we have a ways to go until Fall), but we came across a popular spring mushroom the other day! :mushroom: :grinning:

I think it’s a morel, but there was some debate as to whether it was a true morel (edible) or a false morel (inedible, poisonous), so we left it alone.

Looks weird and nasty, but supposedly they are tasty. I’ve never eaten one though (I think it looks like brains :brain: :joy:)

Supposedly there are a lot of them out in the woods, but we haven’t been lucky (or other people have taken them all :upside_down_face:)

Still, it’s always fun to spot a little shroom while out and about! They are funky little guys and always make me smile to see :laughing: :mushroom:

9 Likes

Awwww it is soooo cute and tiny! :mushroom: :heart:

6 Likes

Oh Shit…Siofra, I am in love! :sob: :tarot_card: :sparkling_heart: :mushroom: :sparkles: I am definitely gonna search its price here in India…a girl can wish right! :laughing: :blush: Thank you tons for sharing this beautiful deck here! :heart_eyes: :hugs:

6 Likes

I don’t mind that you rehomed it at all :hugs: I’m so happy that you liked it! I saw it & immediately thought, I need to show this to Bry & share it with the forum! :infinite_roots: That is really awesome that you can use the guidebook to identify mushrooms :mushroom: too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We had this big mushroom-type thing in our front yard one time & I remember not even being sure if it was a mushroom at the time. I’ll have to go through my albums & see if I can find a picture of it. It had taken over an old or what was left of a tree stump in our front yard & was HUGE. Now it’s gone along with the stump, but you can see where the stump once resided :laughing:

@Solasta_Amore & @BryWisteria I completely understand the neverending wishlist… as I was window shopping I came across quite a few that wound up on a list of some kind, whether a favorite or wishlist… & I’ll admit, I also bought an Oracle deck & a new Tarot deck :face_with_hand_over_mouth: We won’t talk about that around my husband :rofl:

I have always, or at least as long as I can remember had a thing for Winnie the Pooh & believe it or not, I found a Winnie the Pooh Tarot Deck!!! I couldn’t pass that up because I have All Kinds of Things Winnie the Pooh & a lot of them are pretty unique items that either I or someone I know has come across in their travels. :hugs: I’m so excited & can’t wait to get them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

There is a really interesting documentary on netflix? or disney+? (I can’t remember) that I watched recently all about mushrooms. It was definitely interesting and I learned a lot! I am not a fan of eating mushrooms (it’s a texture thing), but I love finding them and seeing them! I really want to stumble across luminous mushrooms, but since I don’t often traverse the woods at night, I don’t know how realistic that is! I have an acquantaince in my spinning wheel guid that uses a lot of mushrooms as natural dyes for her yarn. They can turn out some really beautiful colors!

6 Likes

Oh gosh how neat! I love mushrooms. :mushroom: I also love how this deck keeps that old fashioned look to the tarot illustrations.

6 Likes

Thank you again so much! It made me smile to see the mushroom deck- I’m so happy you shared it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Whoa! :grinning: That’s neat- I wonder kind of mushroom it was!

Oh! :grinning: I also watched a mushroom documentary (I think on Netflix? I do the same thing, there’s too many streaming sites these days- I can’t remember what was on what :sweat_smile:) but it was a few years ago now- they keep making new ones because they keep learning more about mushrooms, and I can’t keep up! I want to watch them all :laughing: :+1:

That would be so cool! I’ve never seen luminous mushrooms before, but I’ve heard of one kind that might be around- it’s called the Jack o Lantern Mushroom and they really do glow in the dark!

51KXeDPWOaL.SX466
Picture from ZME Science: The Poisonous Mushroom That Glows in the Dark

I had to learn about it because it’s a potential fake for a mushroom we try to forage for- the Chicken of the Woods Mushroom :chicken:

I’ve never seen the Jack o Lantern though, and definitely not at night! I bet it would be amazing to see all aglow :eyes::mushroom:

What a creative way to use mushrooms! :star_struck: :yarn:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.