Yule and a lazy witch

I’m kind coming out of a depression. I haven’t celebrated any sabbaths this year due to my poor health. I feel beyond guilty though. As much as I want to, I just dont have any energy to do so.

Am I the only one?

15 Likes

Although this is the season of near, dear and cheer, it’s also a very sad and depressing time. It’s more than a lack of vitamin D and/or lack of sunshine, it’s just…stinky.
I know that we should count our blessings, but counting our sorrow and losses too.
I am very depressed, had a melt down this morning and sat in the laundry shed, behind the house and cried. Cried where no one could see or hear me. There was a really bad rainstorm and that was what I felt like, that storm. I Cursed every one who made me mad, sad or nervous. I cried because my mother was gone and I had no where to go, I was trapped here without an escape clause. I was going to have to die in F@@king Florida! He’ll probably bury me in this vile place! I shrieked "GOD, make me stone!"
There was no answer, of course there wouldn’t be, but as the storm passed, so did my rage.
I realized that I was having a major panic attack. And I cried my heart out, because I deserved it…
Did it help, not really but like a pressure cooker, sometimes you need to let off steam. I hope you start feeling better from your head to your toes.
Garnet :pensive: :sob: :slightly_smiling_face: :broken_heart:

11 Likes

@Luiseach I doubt that you are the only one. Sometimes pushing ourselves to do the opposite of what we feel can help propel us out of the rut we are in. But if you are not able to don’t feel guilty or judge yourself. If you can’t celebrate a sabbat, what can you do? The craft isn’t just about sabbats and rituals. Maybe do some little things, like read about a witchy topic, or cruise the forum. Take something that do have the energy and give it a witchy twist. A cup of tea while looking at witchy things on pinterest. Take a walk, especially near nature. Ok, lecture over.

@Garnet If I were to assign you a witchy title/tag, it would be Beloved of the Coven. Whether you feel depressed for some specific reason or just because, we all love you to death and will support you in any way we can.

9 Likes

You are such a nice boy, don’t make me cry again from your concern.
I’m fine, and I get by, I always have.
Sending love’
Garnet

9 Likes

Up until this year, I’d have to go out and do my shopping usually on the solstice and that would exhaust me and get me so mentally and physically tired I wouldn’t be able to do a thing. So you’re not the only one. This is a stressful time for a lot of people so don’t worry about it. Take it one day at a time and hopefully, things will look up for you soon!

@Garnet I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a bad morning and are feeling depressed. Sending both you and @Luiseach love and hope that with the return of the light you’ll feel better.

9 Likes

You are not alone.

10 Likes

Hi @Luiseach no you are not the only one. Usually, I’m always so busy in the Christmas/Yule
season, but this year with all the family deaths in this month, I seem to be fully drained of my energy. I have tried at home to do some spells, one a 7-day spell for abundance and love. I’m finding it a little hard to get some energy to do something, but today I am doing an Ocean’s Charm Spell, it is giving me some gratitude for all that I’m going through at this time.

Stay strong, keep doing Wicca even if it is at home :crystal_ball:
Blessed Be
Debra :woman_mage: :heart:

9 Likes

@Luiseach you are not alone :hugs:

Do you know what I did today besides my Brigid Flametender & Fehu Rune posts… I went to a doctor’s appointment & to run an errand then took a 2-hour nap :sleeping:

Doing what you need to do for yourself :two_hearts: is still a celebration of the Solstice & Yule.

You are the most important part of your path :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I definitely agree with you @Amethyst I had my share off that a bit back in September till now, hence why I have been absent for a while. I guess I was pushing to much and had a bit of a crash down. I am not a 100% percent but try my very best to drop in now and a then. I hate missing these challenges but it’s not intentional at all.

Just want to say sorry for my little absence, but I guess that’s just the way of life sometimes. With my birthday :birthday::partying_face: coming up I plan on getting some me time :relieved: and even do some meditation for the balance of this week. I am trying to enjoy Yule the best way I can for the season :christmas_tree: may you enjoy :wink: this holidays to the fullest.

Blessed Be :dizzy:

8 Likes

I have been really depressed the past 3 days. I found it really hard to get out of bed today. I finally got out after 12:30. I am looking at those light boxes on Amazon for SAD.

8 Likes

Sorry to everyone feeling down right now- I’m sending out big e-hugs to each and every one of you! :heart:

Several people have already mentioned it, and I totally agree- sometimes the season that is supposed to be the happiest and most cheery can actually be the hardest. There are so many reasons for why- from the stress of the commercial nature of the season, to pressure on social media and family parties, to loneliness, to mourning recent losses :cry:

From a natural standpoint, it could also be from the fact that, in the Northern Hemisphere, the Winter solstice is literally the longest and darkest night of the year- those who are very in tune with the earth might be feeling the dearth of life as the world hides away. This is actually one of the reasons there are so many celebrations this time of year- they exist to take our minds off of the dark and cold of the world at rest :snowflake:

Whatever your reasons are- they are valid. Taking care of yourself should always come first and foremost, as you are the centerpiece of both your magickal practice and your life as a whole. Take whatever time you need and use the healing processes that best help you and don’t worry- the Wheel of the Year turns onwards and there will always be the next Sabbat to look forward to and possibly celebrate :blush: :wheel_of_dharma:

8 Likes

As the season progresses, it definitely makes me feel down & the lightboxes have been referred for me to use, I just have been resisting them & my doctor will write the prescription for me when I am ready. She really is amazing sometimes. I hope they work well for you & I would be interested in hearing about your experience should you get to use one.

I’m sorry that so many are also feeling down. Even though I am down, I am doing the best that I have done in a few years. I understand the variance in the depths of the lows for each person. Please know that if you ever need to talk about something, please reach out to someone. We will all get back to you as soon as we see the message or post. :star2: :hugs: :two_hearts: :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

The holidays are hard for me too. I don’t know what it feels like to lose a mother and I’m not going to say I know how you feel because I don’t. But I can say I’m so sorry that you have to spend the holidays without your mother. Mom is always home. (Or, it should be) I can say I’m always here for you. I can say with this precious and loving forum, you’ll never be alone! I love you, Garnet!

7 Likes

I am so sorry for how you are feeling. I have gone through almost the same. I lost my mom and she was always there to make me feel better …no matter how old I was she always told me I was her baby and there for me but she told me she will always be there in spirit…just like your mom. I am sending big …big …big hugs to you!!!

6 Likes

I am the same. Don’t feel quilty…take care of yourself first because how can you celebrate if you don’t feel the happiness and energy inside. Sending a big hug and blessings to you…Feel Better…Heal

6 Likes

Sweet Bry, You send the best hugs. I read that and sat in my rocker just enjoying.
Thank you, my baby girl.
Garnet

6 Likes

You are always welcome, @Garnet- sending another a big e-hug to you now! :heart::blush: Many blessings and lots of love! :two_hearts:

6 Likes