Zener cards & crown chakra

I just read about the zener cards.
Apparently good practice to develop ones psichic abilities, using meditation keeping the crown chakra and third eye open.
Would like to know more about it and anyone’s experience.:smiley:
I read that any type of cards can be used, even pictures.

7 Likes

I’ve never heard of those before!

5 Likes

Me neither.

5 Likes

@MeganB @christina4

5 Likes

Very interesting, I’ve never heard of them either? I’ll have to add it to the research list :slight_smile:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Karl Zener was a perceptual psychologist and this deck inspired the growth of parapsychology. According to this story in the APA website, him and another researcher designed them to test and experiment with ESP abilities back in the 1930s.

After shuffling the 25 cards, most people (79%) will get between 3 and 7 correct. I think it’s a great way to test for psychic abilities!

9 Likes

@Francisco. Thanks again.
There are 3 apps(play store) that I tried with the cards. Great fun!

6 Likes

Oh I’ve seen them before but I’m horrible with names! :confused:

5 Likes

@christina4. Me too😃
Zener cards

4 Likes

Oh, I know what these are! Okay, so many years ago (almost 10 at this point :sweat_smile:) when I lived in OK with my boyfriend and his mom, we were watching a movie and they pulled out these cards. I don’t remember the movie but the person in the movie used them like tarot. When the person on the screen flipped over the last cards, my immediate thought was, “Oh, that’s not good at all,” and then bad things proceeded to happen.

My mother-in-law proceeded to print these cards out and try to make me practice with them :sweat_smile: I don’t think they have any meaning, but I agree with @Francisco - they can be a good way to practice your psychic abilities.

3 Likes

@MeganB. Was it “Ghostbusters” by any chance?

1 Like

No, it was an older horror movie, I think. Some sort of thriller.

2 Likes

Let me know if you remember, probably haven’t watched it.:smiley:

2 Likes

If I can think of it, I will definitely let you know. I really only remember that part of the movie because of these cards :laughing:

2 Likes

@MeganB
The gift?
Daughter of the mind?-1969

3 Likes

@MeganB. Daughter of the mind is in full on YouTube. I am definitely watching it.
We don’t get many old American movies here.:smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, let me look really quick and see if any of them look familiar!

1 Like

I actually think it is The Gift! This one looks the most familiar.

6 Likes

@christina4. Thank you.
Had to watch this movie twice.
Billy Bob & Cate, are good as always😃

2 Likes