100 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Hundredth Challenge

I hope I did this thread connection the correct way for the 100th Challenge??
I plan to edit and add to this my entries for the 100th Challenge :smiley:

#1 Solar Magic: Solar Mage

I picked Yarrow and Lavender from my flower garden and made Flower Essence for both plants.

I used filtered water and set them in the sun for a few hours. I strained the liquid and squeezed it out of the flowers, then I added 80 proof vodka and bottled it.

Lavender Essence: :bouquet:

Yarrow Essence: :white_flower:

They smell Great!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#2 From Seed to Sprout: Ceiliuradh an tseasuir

I am trying very hard to grow White Sage for my own use. These are my Sacred Babies:

There’s 4 babies in one pot. I lost 2 or 3 in the beginning but I studied up on what this variety likes and we are doing better. I plan to transplant in the fall :crossed_fingers: I will probably keep one inside too :wink:

#3 Holistic Magick: A Witch’s Apothecary: Apothecarist

My Apothecary:

Left Side closer up pic:

Right Side closer up pic:

I have purchased most of my collection but I dry everything I grow too so, I have an abundance of a few things and I need to figure out what to do with the extra.

#4 Books, Tomes and Tales: Book Lover

My collection of books except for Spell books, BOS, BOM, etc…

My tarot books: I’ve completed Jung and Tarot and the others I’m at different stages in each book:

I read the Palmistry book years ago and I use it for reference mostly. The Yoga books I haven’t used but plan to as soon as the Chiropractor says its ok :wink:

My Crystal and rock books are my favorite. The grey one is “National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Rocks and Minerals” by Charles W. Chesterman. My oldest son bought it for me when he was visiting last month. :two_hearts:

I didn’t picture all my books. I do have a couple of Reiki books and many Audible books. The Audio books are mostly geared toward Witchcraft and the Norse. I really prefer having the book in my hand. I wish I had all my audio books on hard copy.

#5 One Witch to Another: Keeper of Knowledge

I ordered a blank spell book that I thought was just like a lined notebook but I was very surprised when I got it and thought I should share. BTW its on sale for $3.99 on amazon!!

It has an Index!!!

Very nice layout for writing a spell. There’s 90 spell pages.

Wheel of the year info and more :wink:

Sorry it’s blurry, but there’s a few ‘Note’ pages in the back.

I really love the price!! :two_hearts:

#6 Powerful Protection: Powerful Protector

For this entry I took care of a great worry I’ve been having the past couple months. My baby boy is driving now and I worry every time he drives off!
I used a Car Protection Spell with Sachet written by @berta . I made one last year for my car before we traveled out of state. Thank you Berta :rose: :two_hearts:

I added a couple of extra things: Birch bark that I wrote on and I charged the sachet over night on my selenite with obsidian, satin spar, snowflake obsidian, and clear quartz. Oh I sprinkled black salt all around it and on it.

Here’s Berta’s original spell:

Stone: Labradorite
Herbs: Jasmine, Lavender, Bay Leaf, Red Rose
Oil: 2 drops Divination oil

Burn a candle while blessing sachet.

Blessing:
For Blessed Water and Clearest Air
Power of Fire and Earth so fair,
I ask the Elements to protect this car
No accidents her travels mar
Keep the travelers safe as well
Return them safe to where they dwell
We ask it all with thank to thee
So it is spoke so mote it be.
-Berta Morgan

#7 Potion Making: Potion Master

@BryWisteria This is what I used 2 drops of the Yarrow Essence in! LOL I think I made a lifetime amount :grimacing:
I made the Sunburn Relief spray from Spells8

I’m pretty sure this will be used up before summer is over :sun: :fire:

9 Likes

Wow @Sarafeena_Sage everything is beautiful!

7 Likes

Thank you @Ostara :rose: :rose: :rose:

7 Likes

Wow! I am going to look for it! Thanks!

8 Likes

Really enjoyed reading your entries and with such pretty photos too!

Love that spells journal (and the price!). Would you mind messaging the Amazon link? I peeked online but haven’t found it yet. Thank you!

7 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage I loved your entries & photos! That apothecary is close to my own, I have shelves, cabinets, bags, and boxes & I have done the same, bought most of it but I have extra from drying my own.

I feel the same way about books, I would rather have the physical book in my hand than listen to or use a screenreader. I do have a double-lined bookshelf though. :laughing:

I agree with @Artemisia that is a great spellbook to have. I think I’m at a point where I may use something like that because I tend to alter written spells to suit my own practice. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Look at all of these fun entries! :heart_eyes: And I love the idea of making a personal challenge entry masterpost and adding to it as you work your way through the challenges- you are brilliant, @Sarafeena_Sage! :raised_hands:

Your Lavender and Yarrow Essences look lovely- blessed by the earth and the sun, what a lovely ingredient to have on hand! :blush::sun_with_face:

Any plans for what you’ll use them for yet? :grinning:

Hello Sacred Babies! Awww they are so sweet- may they grow strong and thrive from your love! :potted_plant: :two_hearts:

Your apothecary is amazing- and that is so neat that you dry your own herbs to bottle! :jar: :sparkles:

There’s something really special all the time about using your own herbs, but having them ready for cooking or magick even in the dark of winter? It’s a really powerful thing- like your garden is never out of reach, even under the snow :blush:

Hooray for magickal books! :star_struck: I see Tarot by Tina Gong in there- I really love that one too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Awesome collection! :books:

It’s so organized!!! And neat!!! :heart_eyes: That is an amazing book for anyone who wants to copy down favorite spells or record their own- what a find, Sarall! :clap:

Please add my name to the list of those who want the link :laughing:

These were all a delight to read- and I love seeing the pretty pictures too! :heart: Thanks so much for your challenge entries (so far)- blessed be!

6 Likes

Here is the link to the Spell Book on Amazon:

6 Likes

#8 Trying Something New: Experimenter

I have so much Lavender :herb: and I have been trying to find new uses for it. I decided to try making a simple syrup with it and adding some of the Lavender Essence that I made the other day. This turned out to be the best simple syrup I’ve ever made! I love it! :two_hearts:

Recipe:

1-1/2 Cups Sugar
3/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Lavender Essence
1-1/2 TBSP Dried English Lavender

I simmered the sugar and liquid for about 3 minutes. Then I stirred in the Lavender buds and let it cool for half an hour then poured into a jar. I couldn’t find my strainer so I left the buds in it! Also, I dated the lid so I know when to toss it. (Lasts 2 Weeks) This turned out way better than I expected :wink:
:butterfly:

8 Likes

#9 Kitchen Witchery: Kitchen Witch

This was a challenge because I wanted to make :herb:Lavender/Lemon :lemon:Cake but I bought strawberries last night so I need to use those. Which needs shortcake! So I made a “Lemon LongCake!” Long cake because I stirred in joy and happiness and I want the joy and happiness to last a “Long” time :wink:

Recipe:

1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Egg
1-1/2 Cup Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking Powder
Zest from 1 Lemon
Juice from half a Lemon

Mix butter, zest, juice and sugar until smooth. Mix flour, salt, baking powder then add to butter, sugar mix and add the milk. Mix well add to 8X8 greased pan, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean. My oven is not working the best so might bake quicker for others! Top with fruit or syrup or ice cream or all of the above!! MMMMMMMM So good! Ours of course had fresh strawberries and Lavender syrup on top. So Happy!

7 Likes

@Susurrus Thank you for the wonderful compliments :blush:
I really like the spell book too! I’m using it for my customized spells or ones I write myself. The Index is sooo cool!

@BryWisteria Thank you for your wonderful compliments too! I hope I did the linking and all that correct. I put a link in the original post too.
I posted a couple more challenges using the Essences that I made. I’m not sure what I will use them for next. Maybe in baths? I love that Tarot book too! I got it after you recommended it :wink: :pray:
Also I added the link to the Spell Book for all that want to get one :+1: :pentagram:

This has been fun and extra challenging! Thank you for hosting these fun challenges. :rose: :rose: :rose:

5 Likes

I have to admit, the index pages are pretty awesome & right up my alley!

5 Likes

Lavender syrup oh yes! :star_struck:

Thank you so much for the recipe- this sounds like a delicious treat :yum::purple_heart: I bet it would go perfectly as a sweetener in tea or coffee, or as a decadent topping to pancakes! :pancakes: :two_hearts:

Way to combine a bunch of good things to make something amazing! This is such a creative idea! :heart_eyes:

The recipe looks easy and delicious- and nothing like a bite of cake paired with a scoop of ice cream (with syrup and fruit as an extra bonus~) :drooling_face:

You are one talented Kitchen Witch, @Sarafeena_Sage- beautiful work here! :clap:

You’re awesome- I really appreciate it! It makes it a world easier to find all the entries, especially for a challenge like this one with lots of branching posts. Thanks so much! :heart:

What are witchy friends for, if not sharing books and spellwork? :blush::two_hearts: I’m so glad you’re enjoying it too!

And thank you for the link to the Spell Book- they oughta give you a coupon or something, I imagine their business is about to get quite the boost! :laughing: It really looks like a fantastic resource and at such a good price too :+1:

The pleasure is all mine- your entries have been a delight to see! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and for sharing your experiences- I’ve both learned a lot and been inspired!

Lots of love and many blessings! :sparkles:

4 Likes