A book of spells

emphasized textI have at least 6 books and non of the spells that are on here are in there…anyone else have anything like this? i can upload pictures if needed

12 Likes

Welcome, @rachel31! I’m Amethyst. Glad to have you here!

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking. If it’s about the spells on-site, most of them were created by @Francisco and his team for this site. There isn’t a set amount of spells or something, you are only limited by your imagination!

12 Likes

i was just wondering if anyone else had any other books like me

9 Likes

A lot of us collect books, which ones do you have?

8 Likes

Greetings @rachel31,

Apologies, I’m also a bit unclear about what you are asking. Like Amethyst said, the vast majority of spells on Spells8 have been crafted by a team of witch contributors- they are unique to the Spells8 Collection and won’t be found in outside books.

That being said, many of us are avid readers of magickal materials both on and off the site- if you are interested in talking about witchy books, I recommend you check out the Books Tag here in the forum as well as the Book Club! :blush::books:

Blessed be!

9 Likes

Thank you so much i will check it out. I was just saying I have found a couple of books if anyone is interested I could give a name of some of the books

9 Likes

I think I understand what you are saying, as a book reader I have come across Llewellyn’s Spell A Day Almanac… I had the one for 2021.

Any book recommendations are greatly appreciated, my witchy library as is a few others here, is continually growing! So please any names, authors, titles would be appreciated. You can either list them here or separately start another topic under the recommendations category with books as the tag for the topic. Totally up to you. :heart:

8 Likes

I have 1001 spells by cassandra eason, protection spells by arin murrphy-hiscock wicca spellbook starter kit by lisa chamberlain book of forbidden knowledge(black magic superstition charms and divination) first edition 1910’s johnson smith and co. and abook of spells is by the high priestess aesia of the angel realm. I’d love to know some of the books you guys have.

6 Likes

Books that we buy are spells from that Individual or with permission from others. The spells on here are from that individual that has worked for them and shared to the coven. If that is what you are asking.

5 Likes

Hi from Harpers Ferry! Welcome!

I have noticed that there are different versions out there of essentially the same spell. Most practitioners seem to customize spells to their needs. But I would love to see other versions or any new spells!

6 Likes

Oh gosh, I have over thirty books in real life and over fifty on my kindle. I’ve been at this a while so a lot of them are older, but I have books on the Sabbats and books on Supermarket magic. Silver RavenWolf’s stuff, Scott Cunningham, Dorothy Morrison, Deborah Blake. Too many to name! I got a new book on Earth Magic just the other day on sale for my Kindle! I’m excited about getting into it.

6 Likes

where did you find the actual books? I can only ever find anything on the internet to order. Everyone acts like all this is bad and look at me crazy for even asking for it… btw that kindle sounds like a great idea I think Im gonna get me one.

6 Likes

@rachel31 so Kindle is through Amazon but has an app that links to Amazon & loads the books you have chosen. There are free books & a subscription (there is a cost) called Kindle Unlimited. Kindle Unlimited titles include many books on all aspects of the craft for free. The books you find to order, if they have an e-book you should be able to order it for cheaper than a paperback or hardcover that will get sent right to the Kindle app. Most of my witchy library is through Kindle, but I will always take a physical book over an e-reader any day.

I have found 99.9% of the books :books: I have read on witchy topics or histories online. Usually through Amazon honestly to see if they have the Kindle version. Amazon also runs Audible which would be those same books in an audio format (I don’t know about the subscription or free versions). So you have choices & actually reading & learning about what it is you are doing & trying & practicing… is the best thing you can do to move forward with your craft.

Sometimes you can find classes online regarding topics that truly interest you & you want to form a working relationship or practice. There are FREE Astrology Basics courses if that is something you are interested in too.

Always feel free to search the forum though. There is a plethora of topics & information contained within topics & replies.

None of this is bad, I don’t know who is making you feel that way, but they shouldn’t be.

I think I finally figured out what you’re asking & it has come up a couple of times within the forum & we’ve had a challenge that sort of goes with it. A while ago the idea for a Spells8/Infinite Roots Grimoire came up from our friendly witch @phoenix_dawn. Where all the spells we have on the site or the most popular spells written/used by members to be made up into a book for sale. I don’t know what happened with the idea after we had the challenge to list favorite spells or rituals. So that would be a question for @Francisco or @BryWisteria because I’m not sure how far into that idea we had made it. The idea was to make a Grimoire of sorts, although now I think we could add to that list & thicken the book if it’s still in the works. :hugs:

6 Likes

I used to go into Waldenbooks into the New Age section and find them there. But Waldenbooks closed long ago. Now I just go through Amazon. You can also find new age and witchy books at Thriftbooks.com.

But yeah, get a Kindle or download it to your phone. Amazon is always letting me know when my books are on sale. Cause I give in and buy the darn things. LOL. My to-read list is a yard long.

6 Likes

Thank you guys i will get to it soon.

5 Likes

Ohhh that was a really fun challenge about fave spells! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: While I think the logistics of making a pre-made Grimore and selling it would be a real challenge, a good number of the spells and rituals shared in the forum were (and still are being) added to the main site. Of those, some are formatted into printable pages- allowing everyone to collect and build their own custom Grimoire of their favorite spells :open_book: :sparkles:

5 Likes

I just couldn’t remember what happened after the challenge. I can see where that would be a big project for the site… putting out a Spells8 Grimoire.

I personally feel like making your own personal Grimoire of the spells & rituals on the site would be more suited to everyone’s personal craft or practice. Not everyone is going to use the same spells & rituals or even use them the same way. I like to look at ones I find & kind of use them as a guide.

7 Likes

same here.

6 Likes

Very true! There’s something really special about picking out the spells that resonate with you and building your very own one-of-a-kind Sacred Book :blush::sparkles:

5 Likes

All of my witch books are on Scribd. It costs 9.99 per month, billed monthly. You can search by title, author or topic. Not every title is available, but enough are that I have not run out of reading material.

7 Likes