A Newbie Crone

Hi! I am a new member to spells8, however, have enjoyed the website for years. I am 72 and am from Wisconsin. I love all things magic, and especially doing spells and energy work. I love Sabbats, but don’t have a lot of others to celebrate with. I am so excited to be a part of this community!

18 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and I practice eclectic green magick and am interested in tarot, runes, ogham, herbalism, and moon magic.

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :acorn: :crescent_moon: :hekate_wheel:

10 Likes

Welcome to the coven I’m Devenne a chaos witch from Indiana. Feel free to jump :kangaroo: in.

Blessed be

10 Likes

Thank you! Could you explain Chaos Witch? I don’t recall ever running into that term, and I am interested in what it means.

10 Likes

Thank you! Oh, I love tarot also! I probably have way too many decks, lol, but I enjoy them all.

10 Likes

Your welcome darling :people_hugging: There are no sets of techniques that make up chaos magic; therefore it is not a system in and of itself.

Chaos magic is an attitude, a philosophy that promotes experimentation, play, and creativity while discarding dogmatic rules. Chaos magic points out that the techniques more than the symbols are what matter and that our belief in a system is actually what makes it work. The attitude discounts the idea of absolute truth and focuses instead on results within the real world.

Chaos Magic: The Misunderstood Path

Basically there are no rules. Practicing how one sees fit. I mean I have my own beliefs and whatnot. But say I’m missing an ingredient I’ll opt for something else. Or I will tweak spells and rituals to suit what I believe.

The idea is to test different sets of techniques and figure out for yourself whether or not they work. This sort of experiential attitude fosters creativity and inventiveness and puts emphasis on results to “prove” a given set of techniques.

11 Likes

Merry Meet and Welcome @CheriB! :green_heart: I recently joined as well and posted this intro a couple of weeks ago:
Crone among the young?
You have me beat by a few years, I’m 65. A new Witch is called a Baby Witch, maybe we’re Baby Crones?! :laughing:

12 Likes

Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from England Loki is my patron deity. I practice Nordic Witchcraft and chaos. This is a beautiful coven make yourself at home Lovely :green_heart:

11 Likes

Welcome @CheriB ! It’s great to have another crone in the group! I e been practicing on and off for 35+ years. I have been practicing chaos magick with Loki as my deity but have recently been being pulled towards voodoo. I will be reaching out to Marie Laveau for her guidance on this.

This is an amazing group with many different types of practitioners. If you ever have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Blessings :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

12 Likes

Thank you Mystique!

11 Likes

Lol, I have been practicing for about 15 -20 years, with a very gradual gain of knowledge. Not sure where that puts me. I love the term baby crones though! I like your “Kindred Spirit” It has always been a favorite term of mine.

11 Likes

Well well! I am a Chaos witch, without knowing or using the title! Thank you so much for your explaining it to me!

11 Likes

Your very welcome darling. I hope you enjoy it here as I have. :rose::rose::rose:

10 Likes

Hello and Welcome @CheriB I’m Amanda from Oklahoma I’m so glad you have joined us

11 Likes

Hello @CheriB :wave: and welcome to the forum!

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to (officially) meet you!

I hope you’re finding everything alright here in the forum and on Spells8. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Please, hop right in and make yourself at home!

10 Likes

Hi @CheriB im Crystal :quartz_crystal: a Bruja from Va welcome to the forum I’m so glad you found your way here :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Hi, @CheriB! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s so nice to meet you! Believe me, with this group, you’ll never feel lonely again! There’s almost always someone up for a chat. Looking forward to getting to know you!

9 Likes

Thank you! This does seem like a beautiful coven!

10 Likes

Thank you!

10 Likes

Thank you to everyone who replied, and welcomed me! I am beginning to find my way around, but there is so much, so very much, and it is all so very wonderful, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, lol. I hope to get to know you more, and I feel very excited about being a member of this lovely coven!

9 Likes