Aleister Crowley's Coffee Consecration ☕

Thank you! I’m going to set index cards with blessings written on them by places I can add magick…like the coffee maker, teapot, etc., until I have a blessing "memorized " that really resonates with my soul. :sunflower:

12 Likes

Interesting. I’ll have to make note of this

11 Likes

I agree that it is very interesting. Since Jewish culture considers it forbidden to pronounce the name of God, in prayers it is replaced by the word Adonai.

According to Wikipedia, there are (in Judaism) seven names of God:

The names of God that, once written, cannot be erased because of their holiness are the Tetragrammaton (YHWH), Adonai, El, Elohim, Shaddai, Tzevaot; some also include Ehyeh (“I Am”). In addition, the name Jah—because it forms part of the Tetragrammaton—is similarly protected.

12 Likes

I just can’t help but wonder what Crowely did so right to rise to such heights in the world of Magick. I seriously hope I can achieve a status like that one day. :slight_smile:

I just empowered my last coffee from coffee pods, I hope I don’t just buy more. At least I’ve cut back on the stuff.

11 Likes

I’m sure with time and your continued passion for magick you’ll be able to reach an impressive height of your very own, @colin! :grinning: :sparkles: Cheering for you! :tada:

And good for you for cutting back on the coffee pods- I know it can be hard to make the change away from the convenience of it, but it’s worth it in the end :earth_americas: . And luckily coffee consecrations can be done on any type of coffee! :coffee:

I’m a tea girl myself, but I know my mom has started buying coffee beans and grinding them herself. I think it’s the same as prepping the tea leaves by hand- it seems to add an extra element of mindfulness and magick into a morning brew :tea::pray: :blush:

12 Likes

This is great, I always drink a cup of coffee every morning and I set my intentions but I also figured most intentions and such needed to be set with tea, I am so happy to watch this!

10 Likes

Thank you this is one of the best invocations i have heard so far! I am a big coffee drinker and just chugging/ sipping it down never does me justice. I will print a coffee and get myself in the habit of using this invocation until i have memorized it. Its a shame i just chugged down one just before typing this. Thanks @Francisco

11 Likes

I have a coffee grinder that I use sometimes too. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice! :coffee: :blush: May you always enjoy your fresh and blessed morning brew, @colin! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Lol what is a dirty chai latte. I’m intrigued :grin:

9 Likes

That is actually a pretty brilliant use of the moon cycles ! I love it. Thanks for sharing that. I’d never of thought of using the moon cycles that way. I’m in southern hemisphere though I guess I’d have to just do the reverse for same affect. But yeah thanks for sharing that, that’s brilliant :grin:

10 Likes

Lol all this reading about coffee now I’m wanting coffee :joy::joy::joy::coffee::coffee::coffee:

8 Likes

I was too! My first guess was that it was a chai latte with a shot of alcohol :champagne: but nope- I looked it up out of curiosity and it looks like it’s a chai latte with a shot of expresso :coffee:

Not quite as drastic as my first guess but I imagine it still packs quite a punch as a morning wake-up! :joy:

Enjoy your cuppa! :coffee: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

When I get coffee which is usually from the cans… Yes monster energy, I usually say before I open it," With this coffee that enters my body, I give thanks to the higher powers for allowing me this beverage. I thank thee for allowing me a wonderful today. I thank thee for giving me a beautiful yesterday. Today’s powers and energy will protect me. As I harm none, so mote it be."

10 Likes

@PhoenixFire A "monster " blessing :rofl:

8 Likes

I remember when I first joined Spells8 & this was one of the first things I was doing for my practice after going through a couple of sets of the courses. I have since changed what I say or how I stir my coffee since then. It’s more personal to myself now rather than a blanket blessing someone else had written with their own sort of intentions in mind so many years ago.

11 Likes

Ha ha! Get out of my head! I just started writing index cards today!

10 Likes

Hey ive actually used this prayer a few times its a good magical start to my day with my morning cup of caffeine

10 Likes

I definitely have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

I never prayed over my coffee until joining Spells8 and came across Crowleys prayer… I used that for awhile now I say my own words over my coffee.

I got some good gems from here today … Thanks
I have to try mixing tea and coffee, I never heard that before .

4 Likes