Altars! Love to see yours!

Mine was a blessing in disguise! We had water damage in the corner of our closet. After it was repaired, my husband decided I could have the area for my sacred space! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

This is my travel altar/tiny sacred space it’s just temporary until my husband and I can find a home of our own and I can put my full altar back together. Hopefully very soon!

10 Likes

I love that pendulum. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I see of the altars and I don’t know what to say other than wow. They are all so cool. Looking at these pictures makes me feel like I’m not putting in enough effort myself. Sometimes I wish I could be just a little more witchy you know?

7 Likes

@colin Don’t feel bad! Mine was the result of a water leak in our closet and turning lemons into lemonade. My very first altar, and my altar for a long time, was simply a cute bandana I found at goodwill, a rock I like for earth, a small bowl of salt and water, and a feather I found in a yard. I drew a pentagram on a piece of paper and that’s was it. It doesn’t matter what it looks like add long as it brings you joy. Depending on your space, life style, and if you are out of the broom closet, you might not be able to have dedicated space.

8 Likes

This is so beautiful :heart:

6 Likes

Megan12,
I always feel like I want to bring everything with me, do you think that way too? I have a cigar box I am going to use, to make a ritual box for Hecate. I can’t wait to make it! It should be a good learning experience!
Your box looks enchanting and magical!!
I am so inspired too!
What kind of resin do you use? I just ordered myrrh, for a ritual, I am doing!

Today I put together some herbs for my next spell mugwort, hibiscus :hibiscus:, Rosemary and chickweed. I like the bottle to the right!
Thanks for sharing so very special!
Jeannie

8 Likes

@Jeannie1 I actually haven’t started working with resins yet money has been kinda tight for us lately And they’re a bit expensive down here I do however know what you mean about wanting to take everything that’s my biggest problem I’m still trying to squeeze things into the box I just can’t decide because I don’t know what all I’m going to need from spell to spell and I don’t want to be unprepared I absolutely love your jars and labels they’re gorgeous I wish I had something like that but unfortunately most of mine are in Ziploc bags in a bag that’s been crocheted for me and if they’re not in bags then they’re in old spice containers from my kitchen I want to start doing fancy jars but it’s probably going to have to wait until we get moved into our own place I was excited to see my travel box in the little email that went out that was quite exciting my husband was very proud too told him I felt like a published writer

10 Likes

Megan12,
I can send you mine! A copy
Jeannie

5 Likes

That would be awesome thank you. That’s so sweet @Jeannie1

5 Likes

Zip lock bags are a Godsend. The idea of a homemade craft to house the bags? Brilliant.
It wasn’t that long ago that knitting and crocheting was becoming a lost art, So glad that young people are practicing these crafts again.

5 Likes

I’m a person that love to have witchy tools, but also learned to work with things I have at hand.
We have to remember that while tools are good to perform some spells, is in us where the magick really are. Gems stones helps us increase our works with its properties, a wand or a athame to redirect the energy that comes out from us and so.
No wand, no problem, I just use my finger, no tea for my Buck Moon little ritual, no problem, I just used water and blessed it. Ziplock for a freezer spell.
In the old times witches; depending of the geographical place, didn’t have stores and places like we do now. They done their own tools, or just used what our Mother Earth provided to them.

7 Likes

Megan12,
I think that’s awesome that you crochet Megan. I want to be able to crochet :yarn:. I started to do it then I gave up too easily so I am very glad that you know how to crochet that is a very great talent keep up the good work.

6 Likes

Pedros10,
Yesterday was the beautiful Buck Moon, So what I did is I went outside & made some love magic with hubby! I used my hand because I didn’t have a wand! It was our 8 year anniversary!
I agree with you about intent which is really important!
Jeannie

5 Likes

Aaawww! Happy anniversary @Jeannie1 . :relaxed:

6 Likes

Rowan,
:smiley:Wow, your alter is so captivating! :pentagram:
:clap: :clap:
Jeannie

5 Likes

Garnet,
That’s a great idea thanks!
Jeannie

4 Likes

Your jars are wonderful. Just got a walk in tub and wouldn’t they be pretty to put bath salts in?

5 Likes

Your labels are gorgeous! :heart: Wish I could find good ones too!

5 Likes

This is so cool and inspiring! What do you use the distiller for?

5 Likes