Altars! Love to see yours!

A lot of us humans tend to go back into our auto-mode, focused on work and tend to forget the personal/spiritual side.

It can be hard to balance at times and is a trap in this matrix system.

The less spiritual and awakened we are, the better for the ‘system’. We work, we watch TV, we eat, we sleep and we repeat.

The trick is to find a way that works for you that you are always thinking about it somehow. A morning thank you to the universe as a reminder to re-ground you to this magical work of life, or even at work with everything you do - something to remind you and snap you back out of the repetitive trap. With not only how you work, but how you see people, how you talk to people and so forth.

I set myself a reminder in my calendar every few days as well on repeat, just to give myself some time and bring me back around.

Tem

10 Likes

Oh my yes! It very much is a trap. I’ve added a couple items to my desk to remind me of my deities.

I also use a Full Focus Planner that uses The Big 3 (daily, weekly, quarterly). I have made one of my quarterly big 3 to re-ground and reconnect to my spiritual side. Then each week I think about how I can achieve that this week and set a goal for the week to be my weekly big 3. For example, this week is to complete my lunar ritual 5/7 days this week. Then daily, I tie in a daily big 3 into this weekly big 3. Yesterday it was have my tea made and ready before I start so I don’t have to break my circle. I’ve done this for a week now and it’s been helping me bring it front and center without leaning too far the other direction.

I do like your idea of scheduling time into my calendar though. I may steal that idea. :wink:

12 Likes

Lovely workmanship. I love it. I’ve been eyeing them on Esty. :wink:

11 Likes

Thank you!

9 Likes

It’s all good, I just worry about my fellow coven members/family!! There are some I reach out to and get no response, which makes me worry more. But thank you for reaching out! And I’m glad you’re ok!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts:

9 Likes

This is my Altar so far, as I’m still learning and wishing to make my altar better as I grow as a witch, @roxanne

24 Likes

I greatly appreciate it! Makes me love this group even more. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

@Amaris_Bane I’m in the same boat as you - work is crazy and I go down those rabbit holes real fast. Also putting everyone and everything else first. For some reason, if I tend to those first, then I’ll have time for me.

12 Likes

Wheel of the year cloth, really nice your alter.

9 Likes

I love the Warcraft touches!

8 Likes

Your soaps are awesome​:purple_heart::purple_heart:

6 Likes

I have more than one Altar. When I began my spiritual path I started with praying to only Lord Ganesha, he was the first deity I started working with after him coming to me during meditation. I chose to keep him on his own altar . I always loved and been drawn elephants and black cats from a young girl.

I also have Bast. I usually keep her on my small desk altar I moved her to my Mabom altar. She Also came to me in a mediation. She truly keep me protected.

My love altar is where I keep my Book of shadows, journal and reference books. , I also do my meditations and tarot card readings and other divinations there.

Since my spirituality has grown and I’ve l found my tribe I have been working with the Lord and Lady …
I set an altar on the floor to complete my spells and worship the Lord and Lady. I leave that altar up until the morning, then I put it away.

The last picture is my Ancestor Altar. I love to sit with them and drink my coffee or tea, and be in the presence of them :purple_heart:

I’m in the process of moving once I find my new home , I plan to set up a permanent altar with statues of them both.

I spend time at all of my altars throughout the week.

I thank all of you , I was truly loss before joining this coven, although I’m new I feel right at home . Have felt so support through my transition from Christianity to Wicca … Thank you for welcoming me into the family and being so supportive…

21 Likes

@MsQ your space is beautiful

6 Likes

@crystal24 Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: . I use to worry if I was setting up my space correctly and now I go where I’m lead and why I’m drawn to :purple_heart::butterfly:

7 Likes

@MsQ that is exactly perfect then. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

24 Likes

Well here it is. My first baby witch altar. I have come to realise that I like to collect stuff haha. I’ve always had a gothy vibe. I think it shows.

16 Likes

Not sure if I placed a photo of mine in here here. So here it is. I’m waiting on representations of my deities to arrive but otherwise this is how I have setup mine.

I’m not sure if I’ll sit my deities on the altar or create a specific shrine to them in the room yet. Ill make that decision down the track.

Tem

22 Likes

I think that’s an addiction that we all suffer from! And with pride! :blush: Beautiful altar!

@Temujin_Calidius That’s very balanced. I like the different levels and those wooden hands for offerings are… chef’s kiss

8 Likes

Thanks @Francisco, I love it too. I got the offering hands on Etsy.

I’m also addicted and went on a spending spree for all the crystals below. There’s a local shop here that sells everything you could need (crystals only) direct from the mines. They do wholesale too if you setup with a business number and want to sell online etc.

Tem

7 Likes