Altars! Love to see yours!

So pretty! And so much energy! Some parts of the year, my altar is darker, while others, it’s lighter. Is yours bright and blue much of the time? It works great!

4 Likes

That shelf unit is perfect! And it looks so warm and solid too. Good choice!

4 Likes

I’ve seen that you use your fireplace hearth, and it seems a natural place for working. May I ask … does direction play a role in your altar? I recently rearranged things and it faces west now; I really felt more comfortable when it faced north for some reason.

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the time taking us on a tour of your altar space. It helped to tell the story of how your space evolves and how each item has a personal connection to you and your world.

5 Likes

Nice, @flowing, I feel like it is a working space, not just a place for “pretty” – and that bell is impressive looking. Gorgeous!

7 Likes

Close it all up in the desk? I could learn so much from you. That has been one of my goals: to create storage where I have a place for everything so that I actually put it back there after I’ve used it or am switching out some things. Your altar cloth is wonderful … a perfect complement to the wood table.

6 Likes

Nice! The wallhanging with the lights caught my eye (I’m easily distracted by shiny things!), but the other textile with the round metal hoop strikes me as a lovely gentle representation of the goddess. I don’t know if that was your intention, but it could be so symbolic of the moon and its phases as well as the triple goddess. Wonderful that you have so much space to devote!

6 Likes

Tree of life – a favorite of this green witch! But the shade of purple on your altar cloth is mesmerizing! Thank you for sharing. It really is beautiful.

6 Likes

Thank you. I got most of my stuff from thrift stores including the bells. I only use the metal one though. It is a working space and I use it often. :grin:

6 Likes

The “urn” you mention is actually a fear burner. I have a pad of special paper where I write my greatest fears. I then meditate and visualize those fears disappearing. Once I’m done, I burn the paper in the burner. I bought it on Amazon actually. I love it.
And thank you @stephen! I put a lot of love and intent into my altar. My intuition is telling me its due for a new look :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I love the space your altar has! It feels very calming. I think your a tad bit organized like me lol! Everything is in its place. I love the altar cloth…where did you get it?

5 Likes

Thanks, @stephanieanne76; I’ve never heard of a fear burner before, but that’s a great way to ritualized your intention to release those fears into the universe. An item with built-in intention and purpose. Thank you!

5 Likes

Well, thank you! I got the altar cloth from ShopofEnchantments on Etsy. Vestia is an artist–she makes altar cloths, table runners, yard flags, paintings, prints, and cards.

5 Likes

Thank you, @debra2, I watch for when things go on sale or I can find things at the dollar/thrift stores that I can repurpose. I guess I’m recycling, repurposing, and reusing … all while finding a good deal!

5 Likes

That’s a wonderful altar @anni! I love the paper lanterns!

Sigh. I wants!! But the checkbook says no! LOL!

4 Likes

Welcome @anni Lovely altar :magic_wand:

5 Likes

Love this :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

This is stunning and is exactly what I am striving for. Thanks for sharing

6 Likes

Wow! There’s some beautiful spaces on here!
Mine is a very small shelf above my desk (which serves as the overflow altar space!)
I am currently working on a spell to bring me my ideal Front of House team for our restaurant, which is what the little characters are at the back. Kermit is currently bringing me optimism :laughing:

14 Likes

Such a beautiful space!

6 Likes