Am I the only one who has a strange relationship with white butterflies

So seeing a white butterfly is supposed to be a sign that good luck is coming, but when I see one it means my life is about to start falling apart. It’s been like that for years.

Monday I saw a white butterfly and not 30 minutes later I find out I’m going to need surgery.

A friend sells little hair bows I make for me, her family has a lot of little girls and I can’t make them fast enough, and she has been shorting me by a lot for close to a year and apparently thinks I’m really stupid. They cost next to nothing to make so it really wasn’t worth the effort to call her on it. Now she’s stepped up a notch and I just called her on it and it’s going to be bad

Yes I live on a fair few Old wives tales, I’m pretty sure I’ll be just fine if I put my left shoe on first, but this more tangible and has happened over and over.

You can call me crazy if you want but it won’t do any good :laughing:

17 Likes

I firmly believe in signs, always have, I think they prepare us, help us to make decisions. Don’t know about butterflies, but follow your intuition. Shorting? Is that not paying you enough? (Sorry UK here, lost in translation :joy::person_facepalming:). If so there’s nothing wrong with being honest and standing up for yourself. If putting your left shoe on first works for you, do it. There’s alot of truth in old wives tales. You are not crazy, I only know you from our chats here, I think you’re beautiful, a real soul being.
You say surgery? Is this something complicated?
Big hugs to you @Nixi . Don’t ever apologize for being you, and standing up for yourself. The gods will stand by you.
Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

I don’t know, @Nixi — I believe that white butterflies signify transformation, purity, innocence and spirituality. I know many believe they are a sign of prosperity and good luck, but that’s not necessarily my belief. I think if you look at that signal, then your butterfly sightings are calling to you to stand up for yourself, but be honest about it. Let your friend know you have seen her short sighting you all along but did not make a fuss about it because you believed she would eventually be truthful and and honest person, but since she stepped it up a notch, you need to address the situation and will not continue to stand by and be shorted. The white butterfly is your warning to honor your true nature in a coming situation where you need to be honest and not be taken advantage of.

As far as the surgery, I will tell you from experience, this stuff is less linked to something that happens within the day or 30 min of when you find out than it is either genetics, generational curses, ancestral issues, or lifestyle, so I wouldn’t read much into those connections. But, that’s just me.

You just need to not panic and set some protection up for yourself and focus on doing the right thing. Standing up for yourself while being kind yet firm is an art form, but it’s something truly worth gaining as a weapon against those who are unkind and try to take advantage of us - so that we keep our sanity and do not loose ourselves while doing something we are not proud of. Love to you xo Jan

14 Likes

I have a story in my family about a butterfly being a messenger from a past loved one, and if I remember correctly butterflies are believed to carry souls of the dead in some cultures (such as Japan and Greece)- perhaps the butterflies you see aren’t harbingers of misfortune, but are actually messengers or signs from your ancestors or past loved ones, trying to warn or prepare you for a bumpy road ahead?

Just a thought- I certainly don’t want to undermine your own personal meaning, but something made me want to stick up for the butterflies! :butterfly: :laughing:

Butterflies do seem to be one of those things that people often have their own personal meanings for, and there’s nothing wrong with that! :blush:

I hope the surgery isn’t for anything serious- may it be a quick, painless, and stress-free procedure :pray:

Blessed be!

9 Likes

I have the same story as @BryWisteria of butterflies being messengers from those on the other side. :thinking: It’s interesting that you see them and then bad things start to happen - at least you know what signs to watch out for!

9 Likes

Yes. Oddly enough I don’t even like that wording. I wish I spoke like my grandmother. She was proper, eloquent and even though her family crossed the pond many many generations before, you sometimes wouldn’t have known it. She also had what it to this day is inarguably the coolest looking hot rod I’ve even seen.

There are 3 types of surgery possible. I doubt that the first one is an option, 30 min operation and a day or 2 in hospital. The 2nd one is about an hour and 3 days and the 3rd is about an hour and a half and a week plus in hospital. All have a recovery time of 4-6 weeks
This is all from my primary, I’m still waiting on the consult

Y’all my husband and 18 year old can’t handle my 4 year old that long :rofl:

I’ve not heard that thought process before. Then most of the people I know don’t think white butterflies actually exist :woman_shrugging:t2: I wish I could analyze the previous times looking for something I missed. Past, I see a white butterfly and within a week there have been a few quick strikes and my life is in pieces, like it’s been serious

I didn’t mean to sound like I thought I wouldn’t have to have surgery if I didn’t see the butterfly. I knew that was probably what I was going to hear. My primary must have known that because the conversation went pretty much like this “Yes that’s definitely what that is, I’ll put in a referral, but go to emergency if, and they’ll push the surgery through as urgent” No lead up just there it is :laughing:

I guess I saw that as another sign that trouble was coming.

I could make that make sense. You just triggered a memory flash of white butterflies in my Grandmother’s side yard.

It’s not so much a belief. I think I was told by someone trusted, possibly the same person that I keep seeing glimpses of with crystals, pendulums and candles, that white butterflies are good luck so I payed attention the first time I saw one and my luck was anything but good.

Thank you. I’m hoping that the less intense surgery will still be an option

I don’t know what to watch out for other than disaster as it’s happening.

As much disaster as I seem to draw, I’m not sure what to do with a warning that danger is coming.

Protection spells maybe? Anyone have any other suggestions?

If it means that I need to stand up to my friend, I really couldn’t say why but, that probably isn’t going to happen. I just can’t seem to put my foot down with her

That is not what I am but I stopped trying to figure it out a while ago

10 Likes

If I knew that there was a warning sign for danger or changes coming my way, I think I would do some divination to try and get clarity. Then I would also do some protection spells for the whole family. It might even be helpful to create a talisman for protection that you wear or keep on you all the time. Charge it during the Full Moon or any other time of power and it can help protect you and your family.

8 Likes

I’m not sure why, but reading this made me think of reversed tarot cards- the meaning of the card is still there (in this case, luck when you see butterflies), but something about the situation is “off”- leading to the inverse of the original meaning. Like in the case of a warning or something to be cautious about. Perhaps being aware and doing protective work could “flip” the situation right-side up and bring you back to the good luck the butterflies mean to you :butterfly: :blush:

(This made sense in my head but I didn’t sleep last night, so apologies if I’m just rambling senselessly here today :joy:)

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you, Nixi! :pray: :heart:

7 Likes

I don’t think that’s really an option as my memory is still blank in that area. I bought a necklace with a milky quartz pendant that told me it’s a pedulum and a Tarot deck I have no idea how I still have that knew me well and would shoot out relevant cards when I was flipping through it but isn’t speaking to me and a new deck that doesn’t seem to know what it is. I’ve had some good conversations with my it’s decided it’s a pedulum but the memory really isn’t there and don’t really think that would help here anyway

Yes! That fits perfectly. I shouldn’t be surprised that you would reach right in and find the root.

8 Likes

Yeah, I guess that could be a fair point. Even if your memory isn’t quite there with tarot, or any other form of divination, there’s no harm in looking up card meanings when you do the reading! Just because your memory isn’t there doesn’t mean your intuition is gone :heart: I have faith in you, Nixi - you can do it!

8 Likes

I seriously never thought of that.

Good point. I knew my first deck so well that I could sense the card just with my hand over it, I remember practicing that with a friend sitting with me in absolute awe. I don’t know if I ever fully developed it because that’s all I remember but the ability was there

Thank you so much, that means a lot :heart:

7 Likes

Same here but for me it’s the white moths.

If a white moth flutters around for a period (not just a ‘fly-by’ pun intended :joy:) then something is coming to an end or dying.

I don’t know if that’s the difference - butterflies or moths?

Wishing you continued courage and strength :two_hearts::kissing_heart:

9 Likes

The white moths here in Maryland mean the end and dying of any cruciferous vegetables in my gardens :sweat_smile: Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens… done :rofl:

9 Likes

I’m glad if it made sense! :blush: I was having one of those days yesterday- what does @Susurrus call it? Everything was coming out like a “word salad” :green_salad: :joy: :+1:

If it is indeed a situation similar to a tarot reversal, I hope you’re able to flip the situation around and find your good luck again, Nixi! You deserve all the good things and more :heart:

Lots of love and blessed be! :butterfly:

7 Likes

Yes :laughing: I call it word salad :green_salad: What I think I’m saying & when the words come out… sometimes I think they only make sense to me or I read them like… “Hmmm… :thinking: is that what I was trying to say” :rofl: “What am I talking about :face_with_monocle: :joy:

We have both moths & white butterflies. Any of the butterflies :butterfly: here tend to visit me or are around me when I’m out in my yard.

The little moths… well, they enjoy my porch light so I’m not sure that it’s me they are visiting. :laughing:

9 Likes

Moths, we get little brown moths and they eat my stuff. They’re super cute though. I don’t know what it all means. I seem to get plagues. The whole front of my house gets 100s of ladybirds, all colours (I like those), we get the march of the ants, in march! and they start at my daughter’s room and march through to the kitchen (I battle them, but they come back every year). Then in summer the wasps come, they send their squadron and steal my apples, and if that isn’t enough, I get spiders nests! The moths have now decided to join the family. Maybe this is Loki, who knows? I cope with all these creatures except the mole, who moved in a couple of years ago and literally destroyed my garden. He had to go. :joy: Good job I like wildlife. :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

You’re welcome, @Nixi :people_hugging: :revolving_hearts: It might be a challenge, but there are always accommodations that can be made!

5 Likes

@Nixi On days where I’m overwhelmed I use Oracle, a favourite one that I’ve used for years as the oracle is simpler than Tarot, as @MeganB says “just because your memory isn’t there doesn’t mean your intuition is gone.” The guide books are just that a guide. Sometimes I just look at the picture and let my intuition tell me what the card is, no memory needed, and write it in a little book, one line. Then you can look back. I tend to pray first to my Deity and then I find he’ll “talk” through the card, just seem to sense the meaning from the picture. Then when you look back at the end of the week, it can really lift your spirits when you see how your Deity has chatted with you. Just one card a day, any time, so as not to overwhelm you. You do well, you know that. :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

:rofl:
No, as I said, my experience is that if a white moth (not a butterfly) pays undue attention to me then it’s the end of something in my life.

So, I agree and sympathize with Nixi completely.

6 Likes

Not if it’s your porch light, no.
If one intentionally flies around you specifically and will not leave, then possibly yes.

By the way, I’ve read your posts and that’s not word salad. True word salad is using wrong words and speaking or writing jumbled terms. Like, “I wrote a marmalade sauce but happens all the time with the daily times”.
Not you, Siofra_Strega :wink:
You’re absolutely fine.
You are all fantastic :heart_eyes: and I hope you’re having an awesome week :sunglasses:

7 Likes