An offering to Goddess Isis 🌺

Last night into this morning, it’s pouring out. :cloud_with_rain:
My favorite flower dropped and snapped. So, I had to clip it off because I’m gifting it to my main Goddess, Isis. Here it is:

I can’t remember what the name of it is. But the way it grows reminds me of roses. Anyway, I thought I’d ask you all if you’re good with flowers. I know last time I had a flower question, @Liisa had the answer from a flower app. But I can’t remember the name.

12 Likes

It’s a gorgeous flower!

I have a couple of apps that identify plants. Google Lens & iNaturalist are good for it I have them both on an Android phone. I don’t know what they have for an iPhone. :iphone:

6 Likes

Somehow when my daughter factory reset my entire phone, I don’t have Google lens somehow!! 🤷 I don’t know what happened lol I’ll try the other app. Thank you!!

4 Likes

That happened to me, I had to go to the Play Store & re-install it. My daughter uses Lens & Earth all the time. Lol :blush:

4 Likes

That’s a gorgeous flower! It kind of looks like a Mum or a Carnation? I’m not sure :laughing: I don’t know too much about flowers.

5 Likes

Oooh! That’s pretty! Does it smell like a rose? Because it could be one that has double petals. So beautiful!

4 Likes

No it’s not a rose. I wish. When they were planted, only half of the info tags were saved. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

No lol it had a complicated name.

5 Likes

I may have to try that! Thank you for the common sense :joy:

4 Likes

Well, it’s very pretty, no matter what it is!

4 Likes

I couldn’t lighten the picture much more, but my Google Lens says maybe a Dahlia or Camellia; maybe a type of Carnation. INaturalist suggests Mexican Marigold or Moss Rose. :rofl: It’s a very pretty flower :white_flower:

Let me know if you have better luck! I think the picture needs to be lightened & maybe a little sharper? I’m also not a great photographer or editor. So I make no claim to know what I’m talking about for editing pictures. :joy:

4 Likes

Sorry, I looked them all up and it’s not any of them. When it ever stops raining here I’ll take pictures outside. It’s no emergency but I appreciate your efforts!! :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you! My brother picked them out and he did a great job!! He knows what I like.

4 Likes

You’re welcome! Your brother did a good job!

4 Likes

Oh @christina4 while our rain has stopped, the wind is beating us up on the Cape. We have no power, no school, I should take some pictures while I can. It’s only supposed to continue through through today.

No worries about waiting for the lighter picture. I completely understand.

4 Likes

The rain stopped and we have rain too now. Everything is blown everywhere. :wind_face::leaves::dash:

4 Likes

We had the top part of a tree :deciduous_tree: come down, branches in the back. My son’s & husband couldn’t make it to work because of trees & poles on the road. The schools are closed.

My poor Dahlia! :cry: it needs to be clipped down now & it had 2 more buds to bloom too!

I’ll see if I can get some pictures of my town later. I’m staying home with my daughter & pups. My sons & husband will be helping with clean up because of their jobs.

4 Likes

Please be safe when you go out. Don’t take any pictures because of me, I’d rather you be safe at home. It’s bad here but dang! It might come up this way. I was in the car and I had the window down a little bit and the breeze took my breath away. No thank you, I’m staying inside until I have to get the kids.

4 Likes

Oh I didn’t mean I’d literally go out there right now. It’s getting worse & starting to rain. My husband has friends at towing companies & landscaping (he works as a mechanic at 1). They send him pictures or on their social media with him. I have no desire to do more than look out the open window :joy: I even patiently waited for my coffee this morning. :coffee:

4 Likes

Ok good :sweat_smile: I had to go out but on the back there were branches all over and a tree in the road. We had to turn around. Glad it wasn’t on a car!!!

3 Likes