App: looking for tech help

Hey everyone,

I have noticed over the past couple of days I am having an issue with the app. I use it on Android and have the most up to date version with no issues until 2 days ago. It seems that Ia cannot add photos to my posts When I click the little Icon (the arrow pointing up) the upload box doesn’t appear. The only way I have got around this is by uploading from my laptop or iPad but my phone is what I use most.

Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone have a solution?

blessed be

Alan

11 Likes

I just realized that I am having the same issue with the app today, too!

I’m gonna tag @Francisco and see if there’s something new going on.

9 Likes

Hi :wave: @Cosmic_Curiosity & @MeganB I noticed the same thing last night. I haven’t tried today.

The only things off the top of my head that i can think of are clearing the app cache & restarting the phone. If that doesn’t work uninstalling & reinstalling the app.

If that doesn’t help, we may need to call in @Francisco to see if there’s something in the works temporarily or to be updated.

8 Likes

Hi @Cosmic_Curiosity, @MeganB, and everyone experiencing this issue,

I wanted to chime in and let you know that there haven’t been any changes made to the app recently that would cause this issue.

I am uploading an image here from my phone to see if I can replicate the problem on my end.

Could you please try again and, if possible, attach screenshots of what you’re experiencing? This could help understand the issue better.

Additionally, you might want to try the suggestions @Susurrus mentioned, like clearing the app cache or reinstalling the app, as these steps often resolve unexpected issues. Thanks for your patience!

8 Likes

Working fine my end, android UK Motorola.
Above picture is Norse chakra system :rofl:

9 Likes

Hi

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice but no luck. I have taken a video of what happens as there are no error messages etc

You can see me attempting to click the button when it turns blue but nothing happens.

Alan

9 Likes

@Cosmic_Curiosity, if you go into your app settings & select Spells8, have you tried clearing the app cache & data then restarting your phone?

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue as @Cosmic_Curiosity in the video. I have cleared my cache and data, force stopped the app, uninstalled & re-installed the app, and restarted my phone :laughing:

6 Likes

Do you both have the same type of phone @MeganB @Cosmic_Curiosity, just a thought

4 Likes

I have tried all of this too. What type of phone do you have out of interest? Was just thinking the same as @tracyS

5 Likes

I’ve got a Samsung Galaxy S23

4 Likes

I have an s22 ultra

5 Likes

So these both Samsung phones? Maybe Samsung did an update, or needs to do a system update that’ll solve this, just pondering :thinking:. Any Samsung users that are ok with the app?

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely a possibility :joy: I never seem to know with these apps and phone and stuff.

5 Likes

I’ve tried the se things twice now & still can’t upload from my phone. My phone did an update & my apps are all up to date, so @Francisco may have to step in for this one with some other troubleshooting :laughing:

5 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback and especially for the video @Cosmic_Curiosity. I’m still looking into it. I will do an upgrade on the forum software as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please consider using a phone browser, such as Chrome, to access the forum and upload images. Thanks for your patience!

6 Likes

Sounds good to me! :grin: Thanks for the hard work, Francisco!

5 Likes

I’m going to have to ty the browser on my phone! It’s like muscle memory, I automatically default to the app :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Me too! I’m posting then go to add a photo and realise…nope. I’ve also noticed that it won’t let me open weblinks either.

5 Likes

Oh… :thinking: that’s an interesting development! I’m not having that particular issue. Is it doing the same thing as when you try to upload a picture - just doing… well, doing nothing?

5 Likes