Bee Happy! All about Bees! šŸ

I canā€™t say that I have- perhaps theyā€™ve been published/shared individually, but he hasnā€™t published them as a collection yet? :thinking:

I ran the image through Google Lens, and although several places seem to be selling the poster, there doesnā€™t seem to be a clear source other than the written name of the author Travis Bowan- it doesnā€™t look like he has a website or collection of his works anywhere that I can find.

Apologies I donā€™t have any more info or leads on this one- but I do have to say that Bowmanā€™s prayer here is lovely! :honeybee: I hope youā€™re able to track down more of his bee-utiful content :wink::heart:

6 Likes

Exploring origins, developing rituals, the magical encounters that I have found with bees keep me searching for the wisdom that they teach. I am retiring in a few years and moving to Central America. The Mayan culture fascinates and has always resonated with me (I lived in Mexico as a child where an indigenous culture thrived) but I am descended from all parts of the British isles and also have a strong connection with that as well.

As I search and study, I look for my connection with my cultural calling, ancestry and my connection with bees. I found this article - you bee witches will love this because at one point is goes into ceremony, ritual, reverence. And history and bee behavior is always a must-read! :honeybee::heart:

If you are interested, thereā€™s a link below. I am compelled to adapt some of what is mentioned into my own rituals.

https://bluetoad.com/publication/?i=659692&article_id=3670741&view=articleBrowser

Blessed Bee

5 Likes

I just have to say 1) congrats on your retirement! and 2) that is so cool - I know youā€™ll have a wonderful time in Central America! Iā€™m so happy for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh I am all over this- I just did a quick first skim through and I really love the section about the Purification Ceremony. It makes me wonder how honey could be included in purification/cleansing rituals magicallyā€¦ seems like lots of possibilities there! :honey_pot:

And hey!

copal resin

We were literally just talking about ways to use resin and copal resin incense specifically (in this discussion here)- what a fun synchronicity! :grinning: Maybe this article will have some more ideas and inspiration for you, @Solasta_Amore! :heart::raised_hands:

Blessed be(e)! :honeybee:

5 Likes

i love the Bee-u-tiful
saying when i first read it, it took a minute to sink in, iā€™m kinda slow :upside_down_face::wink:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh I love your car, lol!

Bees are my namesake (Melissa), I love them dearly. I donā€™t have anything to share about them, other than I canā€™t wait for the flowers so that I can see bees again. Especially bumblebees! :honeybee:

Edit: oh I do keep a patch of dandelions for them, but it hasnā€™t been growing back as strong lately. I hope it really blooms for them this year.

Edit 2: I donā€™t know how I missed this thread before!

5 Likes

Keeping the dandelions is so very important!! Itā€™s one of the first sources of food in spring where there are cold snowy winters like here in Colorado!
You are a true Bee Goddess!
So bee lovers- donā€™t mow those first daisies! Eat them along with the bees. :honeybee::honeybee:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve actually already left corporate America :sunny: doing tarot biz. But that snippet you posted on the copal on coals was EXACTLY what I got so excited about too! XO

4 Likes

I had no idea that bees were to do with Brigid. That means she was connecting with me before I embraced the craft fully! I was caring for a friend at the time who was very ill and sadly passed away not long after but I was constantly having bees cross my path. One actually went up my sleeve at one point and I was absolutely petrified it would sting me but also worried I may accidentally harm it but neither of us were harmed in the process and I never found the bee either which was odd. At the time I was looking into spiritual meanings for bees as I have always embraced spirituality and the fact that I have been a psychic who is very empathic and also senses spirits even though it scares me at times, but I hadnā€™t embraced witchcraft at that moment in time.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t either! And my birth name is Melissa, which means bee, and Brighid has been suddenly in my life recently, which is exciting. Iā€™ve always loved bees so much.

It definitely sounds like you had an experience with Bee!

Oh absolutely! So many people here just chop them down because they donā€™t like bees or they think dandelions are just a weed. I let all of the wild flowers grow in my yard, I uproot them and place them against the fence etc if I need to create a path but they grow back thick and beautiful. Fireweed and dandelions, mostly. I keep them up all year and only cut if I need to during harvest season after the bees are gone. I donā€™t cut them ever as long as I still see bees. :heart: :honeybee:

6 Likes

Sounds beautiful!

5 Likes

Thank you! :blush: I love bees too since they are so strong, hard working, so elegant and can be a little spicy when neededā€¦ I have some bees make their nest in my mail box and i try so hard not to disturb them every time mail is deliveredā€¦ On top of that, they nested in the hibiscus flower tree right next to it too so i have to always remember not to knock itā€¦ Bees are just so great and always remind me of Spring and happier times :honeybee: :blush:

7 Likes

Oh! Then thatā€™s an extra congrats to you- how exciting, @SacredBee! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And yes, Iā€™ve been hearing more and more about copal recently- seems like a sign to dig in and learn more about it (especially how it can be used magically!). Thanks so much again for the article- thereā€™s honestly a lot there to be excited about! :grinning: :bee::sparkles:

5 Likes

Aww thatā€™s okay! :honeybee: Youā€™re not slow at all!

Oh, this is just a personal UPG of mine :sweat_smile: I donā€™t know if it has any basis in lore, so please double check that!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a few places mention bees, but yeah thatā€™s something Iā€™ll have to check, too!

5 Likes