Got My New Incense Pack! šŸ˜‡

Merry Meet! :bouquet:
I just recently bought a pack of White Sage Incense and a collection of Resin Incenses!
Just wanted to share a picture of these beautiful incenses with you all! Also please do let me know more about Resin Incenses :sparkling_heart: ā€¦I have very less knowledge about them but I am going to learn all about these! :heart_eyes: So everyoneā€™s knowledgeable opinions are veryyy welcome! :smiling_face: :sparkles:

Blessed be! :hugs: :dizzy:

11 Likes

Oooā€¦ I love incense! I also love resins! I hope they serve you well!

6 Likes

Ohhhh look at those beauties! :star_struck:

Iā€™m in the same boat, my friend- I donā€™t do too much work with resin atm either! I do love amber (and I have some copal too- which, in Poland, is treated as ā€œfake amberā€, although itā€™s a resin of its own), but I use them as crystals as opposed to as an incense :orange_circle:

Iā€™d love to hear what you decide to do with your copal incense- I bet it smells amazing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And Dragonā€™s Blood is a very popular one for spellwork, there are a lot of spells you can enhance with it (especially anything Draconic) :dragon_face:

Iā€™ll be following along to see what the coven suggests- I hope youā€™re able to find some wonderful ways to put your new incense to use! Enjoy your treasures :heart:

Blessed be!

6 Likes

Thanks sweetie! :gift_heart:

5 Likes

Wow! That sounds equally enchantingā€¦resin crystals! :heart_eyes:

Oh yes! I am really intrigued by the term Draconic! :dragon: I am definitely gonna read this post by the lovely @Kasandra! Also, I just got myself an ebook called ā€˜Dragons - The Myths, Legends & Loresā€™ I guess this too would turn out to be an enchanting read about the dragons! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Those look very pretty and hopefully they smell wonderful. Iā€™ve never used resin myself so please let us know how it goes!

5 Likes

For sure dearo! @MeganB As soon as I get some space after the shifting is complete I am gonna use my Resin Incenses in rituals and spells! I am already researching on it a lot so letā€™s see what we find outā€¦ :blush: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve recently started using resin incense, and I love it! The scent is so much more earthy and elemental than stick or cone incense. It does have a bit of a learning curve, and I had to pretty much figure it out for myself, as thereā€™s not much online about how to use it.

But basically you need a heatproof incense bowl (I have a soapstone one) with a heatproof coaster (it really does get hot!). Put some salt in the bowl to help absorb some of the heat. Light a charcoal disc and place it on the salt in the bowl. Once itā€™s grey about 3mm all around the outside, using tongs place a few pieces of resin on it. As the resin burns out, place a few more onā€¦ It is a little more maintenance than stick incense, but I find it meditative.

I have just ordered a different kind of resin burner that uses a tealight as the heat source, and the resin goes on an adjustable mesh tray above the flame, so the resin doesnā€™t directly burn. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing how that works.

I hope this has been helpful. If anyone else has any hints for me or if Iā€™m just doing it wrong, please let me know!

8 Likes

@Kasandra is an expert in working with dragons and Draconic Magick- if you run a search for ā€˜dragonā€™ in the forum, youā€™ll find many helpful posts, spells, rituals, etc, many of which where kindly shared by Kasandra! :dragon_face: :two_hearts:

Ohhhhhh that sounds like a very fun read! I hope you enjoy it- blessed reading, Solasta! :open_book: :blush:

4 Likes

@TheTravelWitch_Bry thank you sweet heart! :kissing_heart: :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank youu so much @Catharine for sharing your own knowledge and ways of using resin incense dear! And obviously, a little high maintenance is worth if you find it peaceful, meditative and calming as well as enhancing your magick! :sparkles: I hope the new resin burner works out just as wonderfully! Blessed be! :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Still have a lot more to learn!

4 Likes

I always think of @Kasandra when I see different Dragon-themed decks, I just never remember if you use tarot or oracleā€¦ so I donā€™t remember bringing them up! Iā€™m so sorry! But should I come across them again, Iā€™m sure I will because I tend to stick with the same sites a lot, I will let you know whichever ones they may be.

4 Likes

I use both oracle and tarot decks.

4 Likes

When I come across them I will mention the ones I find, I have come across quite a few at some places I regularly use. I will let you know what they are when I see them again. :hugs:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.