Best method for a Book of Shadows

Thank you :blush:

7 Likes

I hear you on that Mary lol, I find the dividers extremely helpful as I can keep track of what goes where. I’d like to eventually add a index to my book, nowhere near that stage yet. I love her work, I have a few pages from her myself.

Lately been tracking the moon phases with those worksheets she has, I print out a lot of them. Sounds like you and I overthink, we like things one way at one point and then change our minds a couple days later. :joy::grin:

9 Likes

I do this regularly, actually after I get through a couple of piles of things in my space, going through my Books of Shadows & rearranging the information how I would like it is going to be the next activity. I wish I could take a decent picture of them, they each have their own design on the binder. But, I’m quite embarrassed about the state of my space right now. :joy:

9 Likes

Good Gods Isis! You did such a wonderful job.

envy dragon
Thanks Iris, you’ve riled up Envy!
I’ll be back when I catch the little twit.

Hey girl, caught him, took 6 days and a lot of marshmallows, but he’s safe in his barn. That is unless he burns it down again.

10 Likes

I’m the same way! I have lots saved on my laptop to print. Pintrest, Etsy stuff. Then things I written down or saved on my phone to write down. I really need to get it sorted out and that will make my overwhelmed feeling go away :crossed_fingers:t3:

10 Likes

I will suggest you to not to be a perfectionist when you are working as magical person. Magic means creativity through manipulation of power of universe. Perfection is a blockage to the ways of creativity.

So, first remember this and secondly, this is your book. So you have to decide what you want to put in your book. The courses of Spells8 will fill up your BOS a lot, but you can add material from other sources too.

9 Likes

Siofra,
Hence the reason I’m using plastic sheets in my book as I know I’m gonna change my mind lol. It’s actually working well for me at the moment. I have a black scrapbook (8.5x11) I bought from hobby lobby. Decided I didn’t like the actual binder previously, I had to take the spine out, I’m going to take one of those round wine boxes and make a bigger spine. Just need to get some fabric, it’s slowly coming together. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I have quite a few things from Pinterest as well, that’s where I get a good deal of my I information for my book.

9 Likes

That’s what I’m learning, I have a few mistakes in the book. I’m leaving them in as I think it gives it character. Spells8 has been a great resource of information to get me started.

9 Likes

Oh, I see :eyes: I use a 3 hole punch so I can rearrange them. :hugs:

I am a crafter & scrapbooking is 1 thing I am good at! I love how you are customizing & repurposing! If you don’t mind I would love to see the end result of the cover & spine. :two_hearts:

8 Likes

This book is your project, Bryce and no one can tell you how it MUST be done. Some people have drawn sigils, pictures used stamps and many, many cross outs (Me).
Bryce I want to see you stretch your Magick wings for now and in time, my boy you will…FLY

10 Likes

those are wonderful @IrisW! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I love them all!!! Sorry I’m just not seeing this! They’re beautiful!! How much for one of each??? Lol :laughing: great job!

5 Likes

Here’s mine:

The pages are pretty cool, too because they’re um idk the word (old looing) but look:

I began using this book for runes when @Liisa
was posting the runes and everything about them but I still have a lot more room left!!

14 Likes

Antiqued? Aged? Awesome? That book is fantastic! It just has the look of something I would absolutely want to read. How did you come by something so cool?

10 Likes

eBay :grin: I love ebay!! I find everything I need and I get to know the (certain) sellers who give freebies and discounts…besides the negotiating thing that ebay’s all about.

9 Likes

Thanks!

I’m pretty happy with how versatile it is.

And the felt binders and parchments papers are from Amazon so its fairly cost effective too :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I’m going to add 3, currently have my book bound with 2 screws as it’s a scrapbook. I like the idea of the screw versus a binder. I’m a guy that likes to flip through his book, I will definitely include a final product. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Garnet,

For sure, I’m just very ocd when it comes to my book. I have a few mistakes in my book, im leaving it though as I think it adds character. And it shows that I’m not perfect, I think I will add some stamps and other things just to spice it up.

I have found some leather that I want to put over it, it’s a plain black leather; but I want a little more eye popping detail. I love a black leather bound book, but needs to be pretty to look at. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Btw yes this boy over here is intending to soar!:wink:

7 Likes