Best method for a Book of Shadows

I don’t like errors in my BOS, so if I make one I take a glue stuck and cover it with a triquetra or triple moon or tree of life or whatever. I also glue Spells 8 spells in there. I’m not so decorative or colorful like Phoenix_dawn or the Muslim Witch, so it helps to beautify the BOS.

8 Likes

That’s a great idea because I just started mine and I know I will be rearranging it at least 20 times, and messing up some of the pages in the process!

8 Likes

Automatic writing …What is that? is that a gift, like being psychic?

5 Likes

Hi Mary! Yeah, it kinda is:) When I was a teenager I always loved reading books on psychics, paranormal, and reincarnation. But anyways, I always thought it was so cool and interesting, but my siblings thought I was weird, so I stopped showing interest in it. Then not too long ago I read a book by Kim Russo The Happy Medium. Awesome book if you’re ever interested. But she says that we all have “psychic abilities” and we all can be psychic. Now I used to write poems and short stories, and sometimes it would just flow out! I had two short stories published in the same magazine back in the 90’s that didn’t take but a couple of hours to write. The second thing I wrote only took an hour. And I would look back and read it and I would be like, “I wrote that?” Like where did that come from? So anyway, I had written many things in my life that just kind of happened in that way. I always had conversations with myself and I would get amazing feedback and ideas not really realizing where it was all coming from and actually doubting everything I heard. How _ucked up is that? But after I read her book I realized what it was. They were downloads of information, which is clairaudient. I’m still working on this, of course, and still doubt some of the answers I get from my questions until it starts to be true. So many things in my life have been changing since I started meditating. I’m finally getting in touch with myself, which is great, but there are also many down falls to it, as well. I don’t have full support from the people in my life. When I first took out tarot cards my husband said it was the devil and black magic, and my son thought I was cracking up and weird to watch the Gaia network. But I’m not going to stop! I’m not gonna let other people rule my life by their standards or beliefs. I am a closet witch for now, but I won’t be forever. So I said to the universe that I need people that have the same interests as I do in my life, and that’s when Spells8 kept coming up in my face on Pinterest. Like the moon phase stuff, I was told that my moods were from the different phases of the moon and I’m more in tuned with it than I think. I was told to paint more moon phase things and planetary things because more and more people are realizing where they have come from. The herbs in the jars and the spells, and the sudden need to grow herbs on my window sill. So when I say I was guided here, I definitely was. So so many synchronicities have been following me in the past year and 11’s for many years. It’s like every time I look at the clock or a license plate or sign it’s 5:11, 6:11, 7:11, 11:11, 1:11. It’s been a crazy ass year for me! But at the same time exciting! It’s like hiking through the woods and finding different paths and not knowing where they’ll lead me. I’m sorry for the book length answer, but I just get the freedom vibe here to do so.

8 Likes

Oh do not apologize…that was fascinating!! I really wanted to know what is was and it so interesting how you are clairaudient and how it has impacted you creatively.

I can totally relate to your story about people close to you not getting it. My sister asked me to throw out my tools and books years ago. I didn’t have many. I only had two books and some babywitch tools. She didn’t want me messing with witchcraft. I loved her so I did it. But gradually I came back to it. Now she has ToTALLy come around :slight_smile: I made her a little witch box and she wants to know how to use it. But my experience, that was a little painful. I am def. in the closet.

9 Likes

You could also make some strong tea or coffee, let it cool.
Put it in a spray bottle and lightly spray pages to give in an aged look. (repeat as desired.)
Garnet

6 Likes

For BOS pages with borders, check out pinterest. (I don’t “love” pinterest as some do, but I have at times found it useful). I saved some to my Spiritual Discovery board here: Undomeher pinterest. Depending on when you click the link you may have to scroll down to find them, lol! But that’s okay, feel free to look around. There’s nothing private there.

5 Likes

Lol… I wouldn’t say I “love” :heart_eyes: Pinterest, but I do love the ideas :bulb: & things that I find & :rabbit2: rabbit holes only because, I go through a board & then try to find the related information in a book :blue_book: or trusted site or another trusted resource. I have found myself in many rabbit holes that link to other deities so I have boards for them depending on what it is I go back to the boards. I also have boards for information that is related to the interests of my close friends that I will share with them. It’s can be like a starting point for interests I want to learn more about I guess. I’m just really curious & over the years, I never got rid of any boards, what if I need an idea about them in the future :rofl:

It is a great place though for printables of all kinds & I think that is a big reason why I go back too. Or where to get the items.

5 Likes

What made me hate pinterest was my Ex seeing something on there and then wanting me to make it - no plans, no materials list, just a picture thst she thought was “cute.” But I do find it useful for inspiration. Just not construction, lol

4 Likes

Oh yup, I know those people too. I figure out the list of materials & directions & I’m like… it’s worth having someone else do it. My DIY ideas are either a 'if only" situation or ornaments & crafts. :rofl:

5 Likes