Birth Cards in Tarot

I received two new tarot decks this week from an indie artist named Wren McMurdo Brignac. One of the decks, The Mother Tarot, has already seemed to give me a sort of “tough love” vibe. I mean seriously, the 7 of Swords has been stalking me in this deck since I got it! :sword_tarot: :unamused: :sweat_smile:

I was looking online for different methods of deck interviews trying to find one that I like or to draw inspiration from while creating my own. Instead, I wound up on Biddy Tarot’s website looking at Birth Cards, Personality Cards, and Soul Cards.

I feel like I may have encountered this before, but I couldn’t remember so I jumped right in to do some math and figure out my cards! :pink_heart: I find it fitting to use The Mother Tarot for this, too. She just seems to be…well, she seems like she wants the attention and she has something to say :joy:

Birth Card

Biddy Tarot says there are two methods of finding birth cards. Rather than re-hash it for you, I’ll just quote it what her post says.

We each have two (and occasionally three) Tarot Birth Cards, based on the date of our birth, which can be calculated by a number of methods.

Method 1 – Calculating One Birth Card

Add each number in your birthdate. For example, if your birthday is April 7, 1969, you will add 7 + 4 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 9 = 36. Any number higher than 21 must be reduced further by adding the two digits together (e.g. 3 + 6 = 9). So, for this example, the Birth Card is card number 9 – the Hermit.

Method 2 – Calculating Two Birth Cards

To determine your Birth Cards, add the numbers in your birth date – i.e. DD + MM + 19 + YY. (For people born from 2000, use 20 instead of 19.) For example, if your birthday is April 7, 1969, you will add 7 + 4 + 19 + 69 = 99

Then add those 2 digits. For example, 9 +9 = 18. This gives us the first Birth Card – the Moon (card number 18). Then, reduce this down to one number for the second Birth Card (e.g. 1 + 8 =9) – the Hermit (card number 9).

If the birthday adds up to a three-digit number (e.g. 27 + 4 + 19 + 79 = 129), the first two digits are considered as one number (e.g. 12) and are added to the third digit (e.g. 12 + 9 = 21).

Biddy Tarot - Reveal Your Inner Self With Tarot

Method one gave me The Empress.

Method two gave me The World and The Empress – yes, my 2 birth cards are the same as the example…how strange :laughing:

So, according to this, here is the breakdown of having The Empress and The World as my birth cards according to Biddy Tarot.

You have a gift to share – allow it to come forth and ‘birth’ it into this world. By doing so, you will help many, many people around the world who will benefit from your gifts. You are here to help others create and achieve amazing things in their lives.

Then I calculated my Personality and Soul cards to see what I get there. That method is different.

Method 3 – Calculating A Personality And Soul Card

This method is used by Mary Greer. Instead of Birth Cards, she refers to the pairs as Personality Cards and Soul Cards. Personality Cards represent what we have entered this lifetime to learn, while Soul Cards represent what our sole purpose is across multiple lifetimes.

To determine your Personality card, add together the day, month and year of your birthdate. For example, if your birthday is April 7, 1969, you will add 7 + 4 + 1969 = 1980. Then, add the digits – 1 + 9 + 8 + 0 = 18. Therefore, the Personality card is the Moon.

The Soul card is then created by adding together the digits of the Personality card. For example, 1 + 8 = 9 (the Hermit). If the Personality card is a single digit, the Soul and Personality cards are the same.

And you know what? It’s the same as my birth card. Only one number → 3

It looks like I have a lot of Empress energy for my birth cards. I mean, she’s everywhere! I wonder if, because my personality and soul cards are the same, does that mean that I didn’t learn my life lesson in my past life? :thinking: I’m gonna have to think about that one!

Have you calculated your birth cards? What are they? And do you resonate with the meaning?

14 Likes

I’ve never done this so I’m going to give it a try.
Right, this is strange. Each card is 9, both birth cards, personality and soul. HERMIT!. In everyway. This is a good reflection, I have no siblings, hate crowds, love the countryside, and dont feel lonely when alone. Im also fiercely independant. All in I think this sums me up well. :heart:

10 Likes

I did all three.

Birth card 1: Strength
Birth card 2: the Star
Personality and Soul card are th same: Strength.

Have to start work soon but I will look up my meanings and post later :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I have done these through my courses on Biddy Tarot… I’ll have to pull out my tarot journal & see what they are or were when I did them! :hugs:

9 Likes

I did too and got the exact same ones! :flushed: :smiling_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I have not and it is funny that you guys are mentioning Biddy Tarot and some how they came up on my Facebook and I signed up for the course they just recently had. For some reason I was laying down and fell asleep while watching them so I missed half of it. I am glad they emailed it to share so I can watch it.

9 Likes

This reminds me… I have some modules to do for my certification :rofl: I know what I’m setting aside time for tomorrow. :laughing:

8 Likes

You’re an Empress, Megan! :person_with_crown: :two_hearts: That’s such a lovely card to have :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Here we go!

Method 1 - Strength
Method 2 - The Star
Method 3 - Strength

Eyyyy @Dierna_Nimue_Selene and @CelestiaMoon! :handshake: :laughing: :heart:

Looking at everyone’s results, I’m seeing a pattern here… must be something with the math that makes duplicates between method 1 and 3! Pretty neat stuff :blush:

This was really fun, Megan- thank you so much for sharing about Birth Cards! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Method 1 Emperor
Method 2 Death and Emperor
Method 3 Emperor

In Mary Greer’s book Tarot constellations (method three) it shows that a single 4 (Emperor for both personality and soul cards) has a hidden factor card, and that is Death. So similar to method two.

Interesting!

Thanks @MeganB!

8 Likes

@tracyS – Oh, The Hermit! I’m glad it resonates with you!

@Dierna_Nimue_Selene – Based on what I know about you, I’d say both of those cards are a perfect match :blush: :star: :lion:

@Susurrus – I can’t wait to see what yours are!

@CelestiaMoon – Wow, more Strength! :lion: That makes total sense for you, I think!

@Heav3n – Oh geez :rofl: I did something similar. I signed up for the free course because I’m reconnecting to tarot and it sounded like a good idea. Then I completely missed everything because of life. You’re not alone!

@BryWisteria – Thank you! :revolving_hearts: Reading more about it, I think it totally resonates with me and how I am. And then yours! Another Strength and Star! :astonished: That’s you, alright!

@Phoenix_Rose – Emperors for you - we’re neighbors! :joy: So the Hidden Factor cards work just like the other ones, cards one and two? That seems interesting. I’ll have to look into that some more!

I’m glad everyone’s enjoying finding your birth cards! I feel like mine really resonates, especially when reading more about The Empress and how she can play out in one’s life.

8 Likes

LOL, Megan I don’t feel so bad now. I tried watching it yesterday but I was getting bothered left and right.

6 Likes

:laughing: Okay so at some point I did do my Birth & Personality & Soul cards… but the ones I wrote in my journal were my Power Cards… so I redid them :rofl:

1 Birth Card: The Lovers

2 Birth Cards : The Devil & The Lovers

You are here to love – to give love, to receive love, to make love. You are guided by a deep love for the Universe but you also need to be careful that this love does not turn into desire or lust.

You are deeply passionate and can direct that passion for the greater good of society when you apply your highest morals and values to your decision-making. You dance the fine line between freedom and boundaries and make the best decisions when you are acting from a place of inner truth and Universal love. Birth Cards: Biddy Tarot

My Personality & Soul Cards are both: The Lovers

6 Likes

haha yeah, don’t feel bad! There are so many things I want to do and learn but I never seem to have the time :joy: you’re not alone!

I think The Lovers fits you perfectly :clap: it makes a lot of sense to me, anyway lol do you think it fits?

6 Likes

This is what it says for me (and @Dierna_Nimue_Selene and @BryWisteria :smiling_face:) and I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:star2: Star (17) & Strength (8) :lion:

You’re here to shine your bright light in this world and create a sense of hope, faith and strength not just for yourself but others. You are traveling on your own soul’s journey but you are also inspiring others to find their path. With this Tarot Birth Card pair, you are a healer and a source of light for many people.

Your personality is optimistic and hopeful. You have complete trust in the Universe, knowing that you are being guided along your path. You come from a place of deep inner strength that is fortified by the strength of your belief and your faith.

6 Likes

LOL yeah, sounds like me, :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

My birth cards: the wheel and magician.

I have experienced a lot of challenges in my life that I have overcome. Things have knocked me down but I came back up. Stronger and wiser. I have also realized my magical path and am learning to work with these energies.

Soul card: Strength
Personality card: Star

7 Likes

Ohh woow! Firstly, Megan did I tell you that I absolutely love you!? (Okay practically I just did in a previous comment! :laughing: :blush:) These methods are absolutely stunning! As in, magically stunning! :innocent: Here’s what I got…:heart_eyes: :smiling_face:

Birth Card 1 - Hierophant
Birth Card 2 - The Lovers
Soul & Personality Card - The Lovers

I think this is actually resonating a lot! I love this so much I have bookmarked this topic! :innocent: :heart:

I can see I personally pair with @Susurrus a lot here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hearts: :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

@Cattleya – How interesting! All of your cards are different rather than having two that are the same. I’m glad you’re learning to work with the energies of witchcraft! :heart:

@Solasta_Amore – Aww thank you! :heart: :revolving_hearts: I love you, too! I’m glad the birth cards are resonating with you. It seems to be very interesting for sure!

6 Likes

@Solasta_Amore Awww, it’s perfect for you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you! :hugs: It actually feels just…right. :innocent: :heart: :sparkles: :rainbow:

6 Likes