Black/dark magic?

I would like to see your collection of black /dark magic.
I’m researching mostly southern voodoo and hoodoo
But honestly, all is welcome.
Please assist me in opening my eyes more to the darker world❤

12 Likes

I choose not to use Black/Baneful Magick in my personal practice, but I’m a very curious cat and always love to see what other witches are up to :laughing: Looking forward to seeing the role that this type of magick plays in other witches’ Crafts, and maybe learning something new!

Thanks for opening up this discussion, @CheyMarie :pray::black_heart:

10 Likes

Hello @CheyMarie

I support @BryWisteria

I don’t prefer using Jinx, Hex or Curse against people. Hoodoo & Voodoo are powerful black magick, but this is against the rule of universe.

I believe in non-violence. Lord Budhha said that if anyone hurt you or use rude word against you, you never use any word or action that can hurt that person or others. So, I don’t use black magick.

If anyone use black magick against me, then I do prayer before Lord Krishna who said in Shreemad Bhagavat Gita that leave your pain, sorrow, problem, joy, happiness, success, failure and everything to me and I will take care of you for good or bad times.

You won’t believe me, but someone, one of my relative, did black magick against me. I forgive them & prayed before Lord Krishna that I am going through hard times for that problem and he must help me to give me peace of mind and happiness. You won’t believe me, that family has been destroyed who did black magick against me.

I read about dark arts, but I never use them because black magick can give us nothing except pain for our actions.

@anneshakargupta

11 Likes

I don’t use what I consider to be black magic, as in directed against someone. But I have used cord cutting, banishing and return to sender spells as o feel that’s more about protecting me and dispelling bad energy away from me.

9 Likes

In Covenant Theology within the Protestant Christian faith, there is the belief that the devil, demons, and magic have no power over us. (Off topic, I would make the argument that things like candles and prayers are a form of magic.) Some forms of Evangelicalism within Christian traditions agree.

I was in that camp. I could never understand how, if one was a temple to the Almighty God, anything evil could come against me. Now that I worship The Divine through the images of La Luna (my name for The Lady) and Selene, I find myself back where I started. How could hexes, jinxes, or curses prevail against me?

On the topics of hoodoo and voodoo, these aren’t considered dark magic by their practitioners. They are entire faith systems containing protective magic as one element. While I would love to learn more about each topic from someone with considerable education on the matters, it is my understanding that there is an inherent danger of cultural appropriation of hoodoo by white people. Voodoo, on the other hand, appears to be fair use.

I look forward to what my fellow coven members can teach me on this subject, along with sources for further study.

10 Likes

I am also a little concerned about cultural appropriation, but I do have a Hoodoo book on my Amazon wishlist that looks interesting. The author was born and raised in Louisiana and has been practicing Hoodoo for decades so feels like it would be appropriate…

9 Likes

The book looks interesting! I don’t think it’s appropriation to learn about it and I prefer to learn about it from someone that practices it and understands what they are talking about. It appears that is the case with this author. Thank you.

8 Likes

There’s a common misconception that all Voodoo and Hoodoo are “black/dark magic”. If you’re interested in learning about these practices, one person I’ve seen recommended (though I haven’t read any of their books, so please keep that in mind) is Lilith Dorsey. It’s also good to remember that there is no one tradition of Voodoo or Hoodoo. Each one has different branches and types of practice among it and each one will be different. Voodoo is a specific African Traditional Religion and is a closed practice. Though you can learn about it from cultural sources, it is not recommended to practice any form of it without formal training by a Voodoo Priest/ess.

Here is the website for Lilith Dorsey: https://lilithdorsey.com/

12 Likes

The whole reason for us, is learning. If you wish to learn about This Magick, do so. I forgot the reason for all of us joining Spells8, was to seek knowledge. Just because I won’t do something doesn’t mean you can’t.
Good luck and blessed be.

8 Likes

Thank you all for your in put on this topic
When I started I NEVER would have thought about doing anything close to gray magic, I was strictly white.
As I’ve gotten older, had children, been betrayed constantly.
I’ve learned that I’m so powerful so why can’t I use black magic (when needed)
I’m not going to curse the man driving who didn’t see me and pulled out in front of me.
I might however put a sour jar for the woman who tried to break my husband and I up, while pretending to be my friend.
I feel to be as powerful as I can be, is to know each part of magic.
You cant have the sun without the moon :heart:

10 Likes

I believe in the three-fold law: what you put out comes back to you three times as strong. Therefore I choose not to practice black/dark magick. I don’t think there is anything inherently evil in black/dark magick but it is the intention behind it that is “evil”. However, I do still learn about it so I can recognize it. I use protection and wards to try and keep myself and my family safe but there may be people out there that will wish me/my family harm and I need to be able to know what I’m dealing with.

As for Voodoo/Hoodoo, as others have said these are not strictly evil/dark magick. Voodoo is a closed practice and I currently have no desire to learn about either of these two magicks. If that changes in the future, I would seek out those that know the practices with a desire to learn but no desire to practice myself.

9 Likes

When I saw this pop up in my subscriptions, I knew I had to watch it and share it here.

6 Likes

Thanks Ben, that was very informative!

6 Likes

My 1st sister in law broke up my first marriage. Now I didn’t hold a grudge or wish her ill.
BUT, when she died, I attended her funeral to step on her grave & make sure the B… stayed burred. By the way she did, unless all that unrest in the middle east is her doing…
Bad Garnet, no cookie!
I didn’t do it out of spite, but sometimes you just have to know something.

5 Likes

The vodou practice here in Puerto Rico is called SANSE. Sancistas practitioners normally uses herbs and plants for magick. They create dolls, lamps for their works. They also use candles, oils, colognes and other things for healing purposes, and also work with spirits. In order to become a sansista, you have to be initiated into Espiritismo and trained to become a medium.
Vodou, Vodu, Voodoo, Vodun, Vodoun, or any other derivation of the word, it means Spirit.
Haitian vodou and Dominican vodou; known as 21 Division, are different from what’s practice in Africa, but from the same well.
Now Hoodoo is a different take and can be practiced by anyone, is more into root work. But is a lighter practice that doesn’t need to be initiated in Espiritismo or be a Ifa practitioner.
In Hoodoo there’s a good book for starters, it is called; 365 days of Hoodoo by: Stephanie Rose Bird. Is a good book that will last a year in its exercises.

6 Likes

To answer also the other part of this post; that’s why I made a separate response, more of a collection is about what you can do with what you have at hand. Just adding some ingredients. But most importantly, do you really want to do this?
Just let me know, also to anyone interested on learning and I’ll post it.
For the meantime, blessings to all and to you @CheyMarie .

6 Likes

@pedros10 thanks for the info and the book idea.

6 Likes

@CheyMarie I don’t have any written down but I do my own “black magic” spells. For example a girl I knew from high school tried to get my significant other to come to her house for (I’ll let you figure it out). But I made a spell jar that would make her unmentionables itchy and unattractive. I also added a 'time frame" for it to where it would be removed after a certain time. Since then she hasn’t contacted my significant other. And he didn’t go to her house either. But I always add protection for me to it just so I have that extra boost of it not coming back to me, I also always add in that it doesn’t harm none.

6 Likes

Seriously, Hoodoo has some good abundance spells, some of the spells look fun too, I don’t think I’ve practice any hoodoo personally, but listened to other practitioners about hoodoo and some voodoo practices, they have a good cheerful spirit to themselves. Recall a former sweetheart of mine, and a gambler too, and plays the lotto as well sometimes. Those pick NY 4 lotto games, he was winning more times than average. He told me he got one of those small hoodoo booklets, you’ll see them at some of those lotto stores. With it he started looking for patterns, he was explaining what he was doing, didn’t understand too much, but results happened. He’d jump around from here and there, looking at the calendar, this and that, put some numbers together, and boom, saw it with my own eyes, he was winning.

5 Likes