Book of Shadows Stuff đź“–

I found this alphabet and have used some of it inside my book of shadows.
I think it’s really cool and has an “old world” feel. Has anyone else used something like this in their book of shadows?

I downloaded the actual font onto my computer too. I have a nice leather Book of Shadows and also a digital one.

This is my leather bound book of shadows. I LOVE it.

10 Likes

I like the way it looks! How did you use it in your book of shadows?

I feel that it would be a bit hard to decipher after a while…

I have used this one a lot. Especially if I want to write something down and keep it secret. I learned it a long time ago and I still remember it because it’s so easy to translate!

9 Likes

Interesting! I’ve seen people use the Theban alphabet for their Book of Shadows. As I continue learning the Irish language, I plan on writing my BoS in Irish - because even though I’ve been doing this witchcraft thing for 10+ years, I don’t have a physical Book of Shadows for mental health reasons.

3 Likes

I used it for titles on important pages. So I didn’t write the whole thing in this font. Just certain places. I wouldn’t be able to read it very well otherwise LOL.

5 Likes

Indeed!! LOL – Yours seems to be simpler, but I’d still probably would have to reference a lot haha.

1 Like

For mental health reasons…this is why I started mine. I have been finding it very therapeutic. I’ve been a long time anxiety and panic disorder sufferer. So having a place to “let loose” has been wonderful for me.

2 Likes

Mine is kind of the opposite. I have OCD and this is especially prevalent in my writing and physical notebooks. I haven’t been able to bring myself to write in a book that doesn’t allow me to rearrange the pages and have things in a very specific order. I have a beautiful book I got for Christmas a few years ago from my parents, but it sits empty currently.

4 Likes

I know! That’s why I hate those super nice Etsy notebooks/book of shadows. I feel that just by using it I’m totally ruining it…

When it comes to physically writing, the best notebook for me is a pocket sized one so that I can fill a page in two seconds. It’s a lot less threatening when I can just start a new page without feeling guilty if I don’t write a lot. And by the end of it, I have lots of great things written down that I would have forgotten.

4 Likes

Aww. Having mental health issues can be so debilitating. At one point I was having 5 to 6 panic attacks in one day. I was afraid to leave the house. I’ve finally found ways (natually) to deal with it and I have it mostly under control now…but I do still have days that I struggle. This witch path I’m on has helped me in more ways than I even thought possible. :purple_heart::first_quarter_moon_with_face::full_moon::last_quarter_moon_with_face:

3 Likes

It has definitely helped with me as well! One day I will write in my book, but baby steps are key lol

3 Likes

Exactly. Baby steps. You will know when the time is right.

2 Likes

@SilverBear My book of shadows is getting so full I had to buy a leather belt to close it, I have this one in my cart…I am going to have to get another soon…

2 Likes

I totally dig it!!

I use the Viking alphabet frequently in my bos. The amount I’ve written it, I think I almost, just almost have the letters memorized.

3 Likes

@MeganB have you tried to use a binder? that is what I will be using once i can start mine. That way you can decorate it as you like and also rearrange pages at will. my fear is that I will do it wrong and not put things in order than have to start all over. with a ring binder I will be able to just pop open the rings and put my pages were I want them.

4 Likes

@Katt that’s exactly what I have now :slight_smile: I just have a basic one and when I’m ready, I want to get a really pretty elaborate one. One that I will be able to either decorate the outside or something. For now, it’s just a plain red color lol

2 Likes

I picked one up at the dollar store, I was tossing a leather sofa so I tore off the leather an will be covering it with that as well I also picked up clear plastic sleeves to protect my pages. I will glue some twigs under the leather for a raised design. Also @Francisco has a post that has some very nice blank pages that i will print out

4 Likes

This is a really creative idea! Your Book of Shadows is going to be very special- made with love and care from the things around you :open_book::two_hearts:. Please share a picture when it’s done if you’d like- I would love to see how your Book comes out! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Haven’t been able to start it yet but when I do pretty sure I will have fun with it. For now it’s just a boring old notebook that won’t peak my boyfriends curiosity

3 Likes

Yes! :page_facing_up: For those interested, those pages can be found here: Book of Shadows Sections Pages and here are some spellcasting and meditation journaling pages: Free Printable Grimoire Pages.

And this year I will be adding more Lunar Journaling pages to the Esbat Celebration Pages! :waxing_crescent_moon: :full_moon: :waning_crescent_moon:

3 Likes

Thank you for these pages, Francisco! :two_hearts: They are a great resource to have :books::sparkles:

Hooray for more moon magick! :first_quarter_moon: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes