Book of Shadows

Since I keep my BOS pages in plastic sleeves, my room in a binder is limited. What I decided to do was to split my BOS into meaningful groups. I envision several different organizations. I teased out Kitchen Witchery into a separate binder. It includes Kitchen Witchery, Herbs, and Potions. I took an on-line course in Kitchen Witchery from an English Diploma site. I generally see myself as a Green Witch. However, if find some of the rituals daunting. I have to reexamine how to cast a circle, invite the elements, and arrange the parts of a Sabbat. I feel like I am not doing it justice. Because I am older, my sight is not so good. I need to write in a big font, how to arrange my circle casting. Does anyone else have trouble with this? I am an inexperienced Witch.

3 Likes

I think it’s a great idea to store your BOS pages in plastic sleeves, @wendy4! :grin: :+1: And yes, when one binder is no longer enough- it sounds like it’s time to split it into multiple books! I know you’re not the only one to divy up with many binders, @roxanne has shared pictures of her lovely multiple Books too, in Time for a New Grimoire :open_book:

As for writing in a big font, I wonder if there is some way to increase the size of digital pages? If you have your pages typed in a word document, you could adjust the font size there. A bigger font will definitely make reading easier! :mag:

There’s another discussion about Book of Shadows ideas and brainstorming in Book of Shadows Stuff. You may enjoy browsing through there for more ideas to help organize your BOS as you divide them into multiple binders! :books::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you for your input, I am a 63 year old widow, I can increase the font. How blessed are we all to be able to meet our needs? Thank you The Travel Witch! My father’s ancestors came from Poland and Russia. Thank you for answering my questions.

2 Likes

I also think that it’s perfectly fine to have several books :blush:
I personally have 4 at the moment - one is my main book of shadows, where I write down spells as well as information on Wicca and the practice in general that I want to remember. Then I have a book where I write about the crystals I have, and another book for the herbs I’m using. The last one is my journal if you will, where I note down my experiences with spells, meditations, etc. :bookmark:

3 Likes

I started my BOS in a 3 ring binder and I have another smaller one for when I am writing things down and kind of journaling my journey. I found the perfect binder on Amazon and the separate book is from Etsy. I put dividers and hole reinforcements on my pages, I never even thought of the plastic sleeves, that is an amazing idea too. I added sections to mine: Rituals and Baths. Then I journal about when I meditate and anything that crosses my mind as I go through the courses.

2 Likes

Theres no right or wrong way in how to use or what to use for a BOS. Everyone has their style in how they organize things, take notes, subjects, etc. Do whatever you need/want to do for things to work out!

3 Likes

You are very welcome, @wendy4! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And wow, that’s amazing! Have you have the opportunity to visit the home of your ancestors? I’m living in Poland now, it’s a lovely place. Sending warm thoughts and blessings your way! :two_hearts:

2 Likes