Brand new :)

Hi all, I am just a baby witch but happy to be part of this community! I would appreciate some text suggestions for a complete beginner! Some of the book suggestions were not available in the UK.

11 Likes

Welcome! :heart:

Are Scott Cunningham’s books not available in the UK? His Wicca book is great, wonderful for beginners and solitaries. I don’t know if you’re interested in Wicca or just witchcraft in general. Deborah Blake has some fun books as well, and they can apply to general witchcraft.

These are my personal favorite authors, hopefully you can find something!

Have you looked at anyone on YouTube? There are a TON of witchy people on there.

ALSO… there is a lot of content here! Not only in the forums but on the main website, lots of beginner instructions and information. Really a treasure trove. I hope you have a chance to look through it!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome :infinite_roots: @erietta

It’s nice to meet you! I am Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. I would suggest you start with the Lessons. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here, so if you have any questions just ask Q&A.

With love :heart: and magick :magic_wand: always

5 Likes

Hi @erietta! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I read the book Witch Life by Emma Kathryn and it was a great book for beginner witches. I read it earlier this year for the book club.

In fact, there’s a new session of the Book Club starting today, and there are links to past book club reviews and sites to find free books in that post.

And I’m sure others will recommend books to you, so pull up a chair and join us in reading! If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

6 Likes

Hello @Amethyst, thank you for the suggestion I will definitely check this out.

I have started with the lessons provided here and hope to have many magickal discussions in the future :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@erietta hello and welcome! I am a green witch and love herbs, the forest, and water magic and I have a big garden, 2 dogs :dog: :dog: and a Cat :cat:. I have a partner and 5 kids and I live in New England by way of Texas, Okla. and Florida. There’s a ton to learn in the forum, the classes and from everybody here and I look forward to getting to know you!! :purple_heart:

Have fun!

6 Likes

Hi @Melora_Fae I have ordered a couple of Cunningham’s books and can’t wait for them to come :slight_smile:

There were a few kindle books suggested in the website that are not available in the UK unfortunately, but will order as physical copies in the future :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello @marsha, nice to meet you too! I am checking old posts as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi @jan_TheGreenWitch, that’s a full house you have there :slight_smile:

I’d love to study a bit more green and water magick soon, so please do let me know if you have any suggestions :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am so glad you were able to get ahold of his books, I hope they give you inspiration! :heart:

5 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch i have 2 dogs and 3 cats. And only 2 kids, but they are grown. So its just hubs and the fur babies now.

7 Likes

@erietta welcome sister. What kind of things are u into? Or drawn too? That will give me a better understanding of what books suggestions to send u. I have hundreds in pdf. But i am also like u i prefer them in actual physical book form.

7 Likes

The courses are great! You’re gonna learn a lot about the Craft!

5 Likes

Hi @Mistress_Of_Herbs I am drawn to candle magick and would like to know more if you have any suggestions either print or online :slight_smile:

I love it here everyone is so welcoming!

6 Likes

Welcome & merry meet

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @erietta! I’m Siofra_Strega from Cape Cod.

I’m happy that you have started the lessons! There is a lot of great information contained within them & the site itself has different sections relating to all kinds topics. Searching the forum is another great way to find information on topics that you may be interested in too.

:diya_lamp: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Light ‘Em Up!

:candle: Flickering Magic: How to Read Candle Flames, Meanings and Interpretations

:candle: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of Candles and FlameCandle Magick using colors!

Candle Colors & Their Meanings Spells8

Candle Flame Meanings Spells8

Plant Magic Guide

Green Witch Course Spells8

Witch’s Apothecary Course Spells8

I hope some of these help you get started in the forum & for further research or reading, you can check out the Book Clubs & the Reviews for them. We have quite a few Green Witches & Witches that use Candles in their magical practice as well.

Please remember when working with candles for any reason to practice: Candle Safety :smiling_face:

Everone here is very friendly & helpful. Please feel free to ask any questions or share any information with use. For your own information, when creating posts of a more personal nature or anything you don’t want public, please post in A Sacred Space. Only coven members that are logged into their accounts are able to view & interact with that category. :hugs:

I look forward to learning with you! :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Merry meet @erietta,

Welcome to the forum! :blush: I can see you’ve got some wonderful ideas and suggestions from the coven in regards to books- I hope you’re able to find some wonderful ones that you enjoy! :sparkles::books:

Make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! As you can probably already tell, we’re a very friendly group :grinning: Feel free to join any discussions and activities that call to you!

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.