Brigid Flametender

Thanks friend :heart::blush:

7 Likes

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Wednesday! Halfway to there! I have mixed feelings about Wednesdays, it’s smack dab in the middle of the week. I already feel like I’ve conquered a mountain since the beginning of the week. Keeping the momentum moving though… getting more stuff done & out of the way so I can get the taxes done. Why does this have to be a yearly thing… it’s all highly confusing, so most people have to use a service to help get them done… & it’s right after the holidays!

Goddess of Healing

• For Nourishment

Brighid traveled throughout Ireland using the wild herbs to heal the people.

Wild and organic herbs offer us a sublime and deeply nourishing medicine that you may be in need of right now. Dandelion, nettles, and blackberry leaf brewed as a tea are good options. Allow yourself a brief meditation where Brighid brings you a healing herb (notice which one it is, if possible). Receive this herb and visualize ingesting it. Allow its healing energy and nourishment to fill your physical body.

YOU ARE NOURISHED

I actually woke up about an hour early today. Much better than missing sleep though. I feel awake & ready for the day to start. My husband & son are already at work for the day & it “feels like” 10 degrees where I am… where they are is ALL OPEN & surrounded by ocean. The town is 7 miles wide & is basically beach to beach… it’s all open ocean beachy land. So there’s nothing to block the wind whipping across the bay to bay. We now own stock in Hot Hands & Toe Warmers & Super Warmers, flannel-lined pants & “bibs”, never mind the High Visibility winter jackets, sweatshirts, & long sleeve shirts they have. The puppies & I will be inside as much as possible today though.

:infinite_roots:

8 Likes

That’s an awesome cross! Very nice!

Keep warm! It’s supposed to get even colder this weekend. :cold_face:

6 Likes

We have a snowstorm coming Friday night into Saturday.

When I woke up this morning, I started my car early to bring Peanut to school, I wanted no chance of a cold car ride. :laughing:

6 Likes

Thanks a bunch @Amethyst! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You’re welcome my friend!

6 Likes

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Happy Thursday! :sun_with_face: I wish the weather involved some son, we have the winter gray that stays around until around March. It’s like a guessing game about wardrobe vs weather. Layers or no layers, cold then warmer or cold then colder. New England is fun.

Image Source Credit

Honey

• For the Sweetness of Life

A divine gift from the magical bees, Brighid and the Celtic people revered honey, as a mighty healer for the body.

Allow honey to help you recall the sweetness in your life. What are 3 things that have enhanced this day for you? Give yourself the gift of being totally present to experience the sweetness. Give gratitude. Allow yourself to feel the beauty of life, like the flowers that inspire and nurture the bees.

YOU ARE FILLED WITH GRATITUDE

I think my honey sticks are going to make an appearance on my altar this morning. & I am going to use the question as a journal prompt. I just finished making Peanut’s lunch & water bottle. We will be getting ready to make the ride to school in a little bit. One of my favorite times of day! :sun_with_face:

9 Likes

Friday, January 28, 2022

Happy Friday, our storm has moved from ending Saturday to ending possibly Sunday with maybe up to 24 inches. So I have a store run to do. :rofl: :laughing: :snowflake: :cold:

Imbolc

• For Awakening

Brighid’s Day, also known as Imbolc, is celebrated on February 1 to rejoice in the promise of spring and Brighid’s blessings.

Brighid asks you to consider what has lain dormant in your life that now needs to be (re)awakened as the Earth renews under the waxing sun. Visualize this emergence in your life, holding the vision for at least 33 seconds. Allow yourself to repeat this visualization often and feel the rekindling in your life.

YOU ARE AWAKE

Honestly between my coffee date yesterday & my appointment today, I think this is interesting timing & everything over the last few weeks is really coming together. I hope this one is as helpful to others as it is to me. :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Yes!!! Perfect timing for me to take this message to heart. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you for this and all that you do. :sun:
Cheers :triskele:

7 Likes

Saturday, January 29, 2022

At some point last night, the snow start its continual downfall for the next 24 hours. Right now it’s slushy & wet snow. My 22-year-old got locked out of the house at 3 AM because his friend that was in no shape to drive called him to pick her up. Then my 19-year-old woke up around 3 AM to let him & leave for work. At 5 AM, my husband was up getting ready to go to work. Snow is a moneymaker! They get the time & a half every time they are working with the plow & snow clean-up crews. They even got the hotel rooms because the storm is going overnight so they can just go to where they needed to be. Hard thing to get used to right now.

The Flame

• For Faith

To this day, Brighid’s flame burns in Kildare, Ireland. For thousands of years, 19 of Brighid’s priestesses and nuns watched over the sacred fire. On the 20th night, Brighid herself tended the fire although no fuel was used or ash produced.

Brighid asks you to believe. Have faith and the courage to know that all is in the right order. There is a specific area in your life where you are in need of trust. Ask for assistance. Surrender doubt. Allow the mystery of faith to unfold.

YOU ARE TRUST

Today is the best I’ve felt all week! I know it’s 10 of 6 AM here, but I don’t feel as heavy as I normally do in the morning.

8 Likes

Sunday, January 30, 2022

The blizzard is over. My son just got home about an hour ago from a 28-hour shift (all breaks paid for & time & a half for those 28 hours, I’m so happy for him) It’s definitely cold & windy still & a lot has frozen over because last night it was in the single digits.

Image Source Credit - Unsplash

Liminality

• For Between Times

St. Brighid was born at dawn in the year 453 A.D. Her mother stood in the threshold of a doorway, neither in nor out, as she gave birth. Strong aspects of liminality, being between worlds, surround Brighid.

You are at a threshold in your own life. Take this opportunity to reflect on the options before you. Will you step through the threshold in to a new dawn? Allow the power, magic, and clarity of this liminal time to support you.

YOU ARE MAGIC

It’s going to be a good day. I think I am going to take some pictures of the untouched snow that we still have. My dogs have been in & out on the back porch romping through it. Since I fell in the house twice yesterday, they aren’t letting me clean off or shovel anything. This is something I need to accept, but I’m used to being out there helping. I can do this. I have been through worse than sitting in the house while the boys are outside in the cold taking care of the cars, driveway, & street.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t let you help either! I hope you’re okay :pray:t3:

6 Likes

I have a bruise & like a scrape/road rash kind of thing from the shelf I fell against with my back & 2 skinned knees from the second fall.

This cold weather does nothing nice to my ankles or knees. My ankles gave out when I was looking out the front door window. The second I blame on my dog being in a camo jacket laying in the dark at the end of my bed. :rofl: So braces more regularly now & compression pants are a must also. The snow has started so until it stops. Here we are. :laughing:

6 Likes

Oh geez lol well I’m glad you’re at least okay and not too badly hurt!

6 Likes

I hope you get better soon! And yeah, let the boys do the shoveling🙂

6 Likes

Oh my! I hope you’re okay! I know you said it’s your ankles and joints but it’s not your inner ear too is it?

5 Likes

No, I don’t think so, my ankle gave out the first time & the second time was sliding on my knees when I hit. The second I blame my dog.

I am wearing my braces & my husband is helping me with different things when he sees me go off balance. Otherwise, I’m trying to say off my feet & rest a bit today before the start of next week. I am locating my compressions, I don’t need to wear them spring through most of the fall, I also have to wear my knee brace on the knee that I landed on when I leave the house. So today is a good rest day. We have 2 feet of snow, so I’ll let the town work on road clean ups without interference from me.

5 Likes

I’m glad it’s not your ears. I have a friend who’s been having that problem and she’s fallen and it’s scary. I’m happy you’re okayish and are staying inside where it’s warm.

5 Likes

Monday, January 31, 2022

Just found out that we are getting another 10 inches later this week. Oh man, I need to move more south. It is just so cold with the wind it’s negative numbers. My heat is earning its keep this week.

Also, it’s Imbolc Eve (Brighid’s Day Eve), the sabbat is tomorrow! :triskele: The start of Spring is coming the light is coming back to the world. :sun_behind_small_cloud:

chris-rhoads-YsofE-Q3scU-unsplash
Image Source Credit

Water

• For Wisdom

Today, call upon Brighid, Lady of Water, to receive the blessing of wisdom.

You are invited to drink from Brighid’s sacred well of wisdom. Visualize a lush garden with a trickling stream curving through banks of wild herbs. You are filled with deep peace. Scoop your hand into the water and bring her healing essence to your lips. Drink deeply. Allow stillness. In the silence, receive Brighid’s wisdom.

YOU ARE WISE

Peanut has the day off from school for power outages & snow cleanup efforts. My son is home because he worked Friday through Sunday with a total of 9 hours of breaks during those 3 days. When I say the day I don’t mean 8 hours. He worked 36 hours with 3-hour breaks from time to time in a hotel room. The company got the plow drivers & shovelers & such hotel rooms for their breaks because they were still on the clock & many of the guys live further away. So, hotel rooms it was. We have more snow coming at the end of the week. So I will make a run to get hot hands & toe warmers for him. I’m sure he ran out over the weekend.

More importantly, it’s January 31, 2022, Imbolc/Brighid’s Day Eve :triquetra: A great time to make a Brighid’s Cross & prepare to burn the one from last year. Tomorrow the Cross gets hung over a threshold, usually the front door, but anywhere that you need protection & healing within the home.

This is the last day for the 2021 Brigid Flametender Post. Tomorrow a new Tending Brighid’s Flame will start for 2022

7 Likes

Thank you for all you’ve done keeping the flame burning bright throughout 2021, Siofra! :heart::blush:

May the coven’s flame continue to shine beautifully throughout the new year as well :fire::sparkles:

5 Likes