Brigid Flametender

I got my cards today all the way from Ireland.
I love your posts @Susurrus, you have inspired me to learn more.
Thank you!

7 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m happy that you two found each other! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Good morning, I’m getting things done & it’s still below freezing. Honestly, I’m running out of things to do inside right now.

Goddess

• For Power

The goddess Brighid is a daughter of the mystical Tuatha de Danaan tribe of Ireland. Her powers are evoked for healing, to inspire poetry, and for creative endeavors.

Brighid asks you to remember that you are a powerful being. Where in your life will you induce that power? Allow Brighid to guide your path. Use your power wisely with love and light, for the higher good.

YOU ARE A POWER-FILLED GODDESS

The wind has died down & I’m hoping that I can maybe have a fire today to send out the rest of the letters & give back my mother’s journals. I’m hoping but it’s teetering on below freezing & freezing… honestly I may wait until the temperature is 35+ instead of so close to freezing.
I hope everyone has a great day today.

:infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Keep warm if you do go out!

6 Likes

Layers are my best friend! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

ME TOO… Inside activities have been fun but I am so ready to get outside and work in the yard, plant some seeds, feel the sunshine in the crisp air.

6 Likes

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Merry Meet Everyone! Today I Honored Bightid for her assistance during parts of the darkest of dark times recently. (I also had another deity assisting me) I expressed my Gratitude & I did have to use Honey with my copper bowl, but I had out what I was able to do.

Sheep

• For Responsibility

Brighid spent her childhood tending flocks of sheep. Through this endeavor, she learned the virtue of responsibility.

You are asked to consider the role of responsibility in your life. To what do you tend? Are you facing this endeavor with your integrity engaged? Allow yourself the opportunity to embrace your responsibility and the value it brings to your life experience.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE

I was able to release what I needed to & I am already feeling better. I’m happy that I was able to do it sooner rather than later.

7 Likes

Friday, January 21, 2022

Merry Meet Everyone! I’m not sure what I am going to be able to get done today. I went from 1 to 3 appointments today! So I will be in & out very irregular today.

Earth

• For Inner Strength

Today, call upon Brighid, Lady of Earth, to help you remember your own inner strength.

Go into Nature. Find a patch of grass or soil where you can stand, securely connected to the Earth. Feel the strength and vitality of the land under your feet. Feel this power moving up your legs into your torso and throughout your whole body. Breathe it into your being. Allow yourself to feel whole and filled with inner strength.

YOU ARE A POWERFUL BEING

I am feeling so much better & my family & home are much more comfortable to me like I belong again. It’s a great feeling to have back. I’m getting myself figured out & it feels so much better than when I was lost.

8 Likes

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Merry Meet! It’s Saturday, everyone else is asleep. It dawned on me that I after 19 days I didn’t let Brighid tend the flame, so I am going to make up for it today & let Her tend to Brighid’s Blame.

Goddess-Brighid

The Forge

• For Transformation

Brighid stands at the fire of the ancient forge, creating magic with the transformation of metals, from one form to another.

Visualize yourself entering Brighid’s forge. In your hands, you carry what needs to be altered in your life. With blessing, you hand it to her and surrender. She asks what it will be changed into as she lovingly helps you begin to reshape it. Allow transformation to occur. Embrace the magic of change.

YOU ARE TRANSFORMED

Everyone has a great weekend! I will see you in the forum!

8 Likes

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Merry Meet! Sunday morning, last night my daughter set up a tent in the living room to sleep in with her father & 1 of the dogs. In the middle of the night, shortly after I woke up for the day (4:35 AM) my husband came in & went back to sleep. I don’t think he realizes that not only is she getting older, but so is he. :joy: :laughing:

Dandelion

• For Illumination

A humble weed, dandelion is one of Brighid’s favorite healing herbs.

Allow dandelion, a herb of the sun, to bring you the gift of illumination. Dandelion asks you to open your heart and ground your center. Allow yourself to be filled with a healing golden light. Focus on where in your life you can open, like a dandelion in the sun, to receive Brighid’s gift of illumination. Allow it to fill your heart and soul.

YOU ARE LIGHT

Sunday used to be a family day for my family. We stayed home, cleaned the house, had a big dinner. We used to all go to my parent’s house for it & spend the day there with the kids. As we got older it included significant others & I can remember my oldest son in a high chair sitting next to my father who would give his large Oreo cookie chewy… (he was teething so we would freeze it with a facecloth around it). I miss those Sundays with the family.

9 Likes

@Susurrus my husband’s family used to do Game Night on Fridays. We would get together and have dinner, play uno or some other card game and just laugh for hours. As the years passed, we don’t do that as often anymore. No specific reason except for that life goes on and our routine’s change.

I bet your family had a real good time camping out in the living room :slight_smile: what a super fun idea

8 Likes

My husband has always found some way to surprise me with living room activities. One time I went to the pharmacy & came back to a small bouncy castle in my living room complete with my two boys in it.

Another time it was the mattresses from our pop-up camper all over the floor. We had a snow storm & piled all of the blankets & pillows in the living room & camped out.

My daughter convinced my husband to set up the small greenhouse in the living room, “to make sure it had all the pieces”.

The tent has been up & down in the living room quite a few times over the years. Plus she will use our king-size fluffy & soft blankets to make a fort with the sectional couch & coffee table where the top can be lifted up. It’s always an adventure on the weekends.

:joy: :rofl: :laughing:

8 Likes

Monday, January 24, 2022

I am up early because I wasn’t feeling good & now I can’t go back to sleep because there’s a good chance that I won’t wake up in time to get my daughter to school. It looks like a nap is in my future.

The Forge

• For Transformation

Brighid stands at the fire of the ancient forge, creating magic with the transformation of metals, from one form to another.

Visualize yourself entering Brighid’s forge. In your hands, you carry what needs to be altered in your life. With blessing, you hand it to her and surrender. She asks what it will be changed into as she lovingly helps you begin to reshape it. Allow transformation to occur. Embrace the magic of change.

YOU ARE TRANSFORMED

Monday, the start of a new workweek. I’m a bit tired still but I did get to warm up my son & husband’s trucks before they went to work. I got their lunches put out there for them too.

So now I am just waiting for my daughter to wake up so she can go off to school for the day.

9 Likes

What a fun Dad :heart:

8 Likes

I pick my battles now. Random “clubhouses” in the living room just mean I need to climb over the furniture to get to my kitchen :rofl:

Try doing it once to make a coffee & then again to get back to the bedroom on a Sunday morning that a tent is up containing husband & daughter & your son’s friend is on the sectional behind the tent & the dog is laying as close to the corner of the tent & couch as he can get his 90 pound body… the dogs have no boundaries… they are bullies. :joy:

8 Likes

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

I am going to make this day better than the last. Just moving through what I have to do & taking breaks when I need them. That’s the plan for the day anyway

Ireland

• For Pilgrimage

Ireland beckons pilgrims from all over the world to her sacred sites, places of spiritual significance for over 5,000 years. Many of Brighid’s wells are pilgrimage destinations.

Brighid asks you to consider embarking on a personal journey to a place that offers peace, inspiration, and reflection. Where would you go and how you would spend your time there? Make it happen! You will rejoin the world recharged and inspired by connecting with the Divine and your own inner self.

YOU ARE A PILGRIM SEEKING TRUTH

Everyone is where they need to be. It was light snow last night through earlier this morning. Then it turned to barely a sprinkle. Now it’s just wet, slushy, & above freezing almost in the 40s, so I will take it.

8 Likes

In honor of Brigid and the upcoming Imbolc sabbat, I made my first Brigid’s cross today :fire::candle:

9 Likes

Oh my goodness Kate it looks amazing! You did such a great job!

7 Likes

Thanks @MeganB :heart::blush:

7 Likes

The cross looks amazing & so does your space around it! Great job! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes