Brigids Cross, 1st Attempt

I wish I would have seen this post I made a Brighid cross and really felt good energy from her!
This is lovely I still have mines they said Barrie it and I had a hard time do that!
Jeannie

7 Likes

I release mine after I have gone through something significant or on January 31st I burn the one I have up & make a new one to hang for the year or until I feel like it’s a proper time to “refresh” protections. Depends on what I have going on & for how long really.

I say if you feel good with that one, then by all means keep it! Especially if you’re still feeling the good energy from it. If you already did that then, make another one, see how it feels… maybe it’s stronger this time!

10 Likes

Pretty cool love the book too.

8 Likes

@danielle7 thank you, thank you! I believe that was one of my first journals once I started my path!

I have a good tutorial for making the cross, they even have you try it with like pipe cleaners first so you can get the idea of how it works :laughing: I couldn’t figure it out at first to save my life… my hands didn’t want to work with me the very first time.

If you are interested in Brigid or anything we have a few things for you to review:

If you’re still interested let us know & we can recommend books & such that have information about her & stories & such :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Yes, I’m very interested! I really am new to all this and have never even heard of the brigid cross nor do I know what it does. Thank you for the links and yes book names would be great.

blessed be

7 Likes

Okay, well Brigid’s Cross is usually made up on January 31st/February 1st because Brigid is highly associated with Imbolc. The crosses are hung over the doorways to homes for protection throughout the year of hearth & home.

Let me go through what I have & I will preface with if you go to Amazon, there is a series of Pagan Portals on there… Morgan Daimler & Courtney Weber do books for them & are very knowledgeable & great authors to start with… I believe Pagan Portals does have a series on Brigid… I can check that too when I go into my Amazon & my Kindle… I also have Kindle Unlimited & the number of books related to the practice that are free is amazing. I would stay away from books about anything… that are by Mari Silva. Llewellyn’s can be good but check the sources at the end of the books… sometimes they are from decades ago & since then a lot more has been found & written that is more reliable.

Brigid is a Celtic/Irish Goddess that was transformed into a Saint when Christianity came through the Celtic lands. In Ireland, she is still honored as she was before sainthood in some places. (My neurologist is from Ireland & her family is Celtic. Brigid is her family’s patroness & they honor her in the same ways.) Her perpetual flame is still tended to by nuns in Kildare also.

I will find the books I do have & @MeganB may be able to help with some other resources for Brigid also.

5 Likes

I tried to make a brigid doll today and added lavender and put it by the fire place, I really appreciate you sharing knowledge with me this is so much fun! I also wrote all of this down in my journal. Hee hee

Blessed Be

8 Likes

I Love Love Love that you made this out of found materials in your local area!

9 Likes

@Susurrus i need to get with u and maybe get my crafty creative juices flowing

9 Likes

@danielle7 you are very welcome & the dollies are fun too!

• The Spirit of the Celtic Gods & Goddesses Their History, Magic Power, & Healing Energies by: Carl McColman, Kathryn Hinds, foreword by Courtney Weber.
  • Brigid: History, Mystery, and Magick of the Celtic Goddess by: Courtney Weber
  • Pagan Portals: Brigid, Meeting the Celtic Goddess of Poetry, Forge, Healing Well by: Morgan Daimler

Those should also help you get started as far as books. There’s another one called Tending Brighid’s Flame, but I would wait to read that one until you have worked with Brigid a little bit. :smiling_face:

@kathleen9 we used to have 3 patches of Beach Grass in our backyard. Now I use rushes that I have or wander around my neighborhood by our right of way(s) to the ocean :ocean: to see what I can find :laughing:

@Mistress_Of_Herbs I’m sure there is something else in the forum that I have made or attempted… I just can’t off the top of my head, come up with what they are :rofl: I love having crafternoons! We should do that!

9 Likes

@Susurrus yessssss. I don’t have a crafty bone in my body. But i didnt think i had it in me about herbs and such neither. Oh the irony. Lol

7 Likes

We’ll get it out of you… there is craftiness… we’ll find it!

7 Likes

@Susurrus yaaaaaaaaaaayyyy i knew if anyone could it would be u twinsie

7 Likes

This is great ! Thank you so much! Well… I have a lot of reading to do and I’m so excited.

5 Likes