Building an Altar in College

Hi everyone,

I’m struggling to find a way to build an altar in my dorm room, as I’m in a single room and it’s pretty small. I only have one desk, and that is usually covered by my laptop and other school supplies.

Any advice?

Thanks!

7 Likes

I would recommend that your altar be made to suit your needs and should resinate with you! An altar can be made any way that seems right for you…

Hope this helps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed Be💫

6 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

You can take a look at this short video as well, you might gather something from it, and have an idea of having ideas of been extra creative. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:point_down:t3::point_down:t3::point_down:t3::point_down:t3::point_down:t3::point_down:t3::point_down:t3::point_down:t3:

@spell8.com
Simple Steps for Beginners

Setting Up A Simple Altar

Hope this help!!

Be Blessed💫

6 Likes

@NickWick shared some great advice! :+1: I agree- your altar is a special and unique place that should work for you and your current situation. Which may be easier said than done sometimes! :laughing:

Know that you aren’t alone, @paintmeagalaxy- whether from limited space, being on the road, or having to stay in the “broom closet” and keep their practice hidden, many witches have to be creative with their altars :sparkles:

You might want to consider making a small and portable altar kit- like a travel altar (see here: Travel Altars and Travel Tips and Making a Travel Altar)

Altars in Apartments has some great advice for making the most of a small space.

A great place to see what other witches have done for their altars is to browse the pictures in Altars! Love to See Yours. Many creative ideas to be found there!

Wishing you the best of luck- I’m sure you will be able to find a set-up that works for you. And don’t be afraid to switch things up and experiment- sometimes the perfect altar is a constantly changing one! :blush::heart:

7 Likes

Remember that it doesn’t have to be a huge thing. A seashell, a rock you found and like, a feather, an electric candle, or even a bedside lamp for fire. It’s you that makes the altar special.

5 Likes

LOL… I knew @BryWisteria would have some suggestions for you @paintmeagalaxy . I am excited for you. This opens a whole world of creative possibilities. I was thinking that a window sill might be fair game. When I put together a small travel altar I found that there are some really cool self contained Hanukkah sets that come in metal tins. They have magnetic candle holders (that stick to the lid). The other great thing is that the Hanukkah candles come in a vast array of colors. The sets and candles aren’t too expensive. Also, dollar stores and resale shops can hold a treasure trove of finds when it comes to small and portable options. - I have used glass tea light holders as offering bowls - Palo santo is a great option when too much smoke could be an issue. - You might consider making what you can’t find. It will give your practice a real personal connection and meaning unique to you.
I hope you come up with something that works great for you. Be sure and share your solution… I am sure you are not alone and it may be inspiration to others… :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you! This helps a lot!

5 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes