Can you help identify this symbol

I wasn’t sure where to post this but my son bought me these earrings this summer and I feel like i was drawn to wear them today. On top of that, I have observed some interesting things that were out of the ordinary today and was wondering if there was a connection.

Does anyone recognize the symbol?

Thank you!
Janene

12 Likes

Good morning @JaneneK :wave:

I definitely recognize the symbol. It’s the Om symbol :blush:

In Hinduism, Om is one of the most important spiritual sounds. The syllable is often found at the beginning and the end of chapters in the Vedas, the Upanishads, and other Hindu texts, and is often chanted either independently or before a mantra, as a sacred spiritual incantation made before and during the recitation of spiritual texts, during puja and private prayers, in ceremonies of rites of passages (sanskara) such as weddings, and during meditative and spiritual activities such as yoga.

It is the most sacred syllable symbol and mantra of Brahman, which is the ultimate reality, consciousness or Atman (Self within).

It is called the Shabda Brahman (Brahman as sound) and believed to be the primordial sound (Pranava) of the universe. – Om on Wikipedia

9 Likes

Thank you!

I saw them at a Renaissance Festival and my son noticed me looking at them. He bought them for me.
I am excited to be able to research more and see if there is a connection with the other things I’ve noticed today.

8 Likes

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

They’re beautiful jewelry :om: ← we even have the emoji here in the forum for Om!

8 Likes

I also recognize the symbol & it is also connected to the Third Eye Chakra :purple_heart: & the symbol is a part of its imagery as well as the mantra!

7 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.