Basics of the Third Eye Chakra đź’ś

Basics of theThird Eye Chakra :purple_heart:

third-eye-chakra

Sanskrit Name: Ajna

• Beyond Wisdom
  • Perceiving
  • Command

Physical Location: Between your eyebrows, specifically your Medulla Oblongata, Behind & Above your Sinuses

Third Eye Chakra on Earth :earth_africa: Location: The Aeon Activation Unit is the other phrase used for the Third Eye Chakra on Earth. This means the position changes with each new astrological era. Presently in the Age of Aquarius, it is closely related to the Heart Chakra location in Glastonbury, England. Once it changes to the Age of Capricorn the location will change to Brazil. Light is the element so being in a lighted environment, such as the Arctic Circle & areas where the Northern Lights may be seen such as Northern Europe, Sweden, Norway, & Finland & where the Southern Lights may be seen such as Australia, New Zealand, & the Falkland Islands.

Gland: Pineal Gland

Organs/Regions: Brain :brain:, Ears :ear:, Hypothalamus, Eyes :eye:, Nervous System

Element: Light

Mantra: OM – the Seed Mantra of the Ajna Chakra. Pronounced OMMMMM.

Color: Indigo/Violet :purple_heart:

Metal: Silver

Crystals: Lapis Lazuli, Amethyst, Fluorite, Lepidolite, Sugilite, Kyanite

Essential Oils/Incense: Holy Basil :herb:, Patchouli

Meditation: Violet Flame for the Third Eye Chakra is a good way to connect with this Chakra

third-eye-chakra-symbol
Image Representation: 2 Lotus Petals with a Triangle facing Downward

Senses: Inner Sight/Insight, Intuition, Clairvoyance, Extrasensory Perception

Deity(ies): Vishnu, Ganesha, Ardhanarishvara, St. Germain

Planets: Neptune :astrology_neptune:

Yoga:

Food: Blueberries :blueberries:, Eggplant :eggplant:, Garlic :garlic:, Ginseng, Vitamin D, Raw Cacao, Lemon :lemon:, Star Anise

Through the ages of 36 & 45, the Third Eye Chakra is becoming activated with wisdom. It has the capacity to control the flow of energy across the whole subtle body, much like the pituitary gland regulates hormone release throughout the nervous system.

The Third Eye Chakra is about transcending duality through the correspondence of opposites. You hold both polarities (light/dark, masculine/feminine, positive/negative, :yin_yang:). Everything you have within; you create outside you.

Imbalanced or Blocked Third Eye Chakra

The focus is on the intellect & there is no interest in spirituality. You are untrusting of your intuition & can only see the physical reality of life with a lot of fear surrounding inner wisdom.

Overactive

• Extra Analytical
  • Judgmental
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Mentally Overwhelmed
  • Enhanced Daydreaming

Underactive

• Inability to Concentrate
  • Unafraid of what isn’t known
  • Intuition Deficit
  • Incapable of Self Reflection

Sources:

• Cantrell, Leigh. Chakras for Beginners: A Complete Guide to the Seven Chakras, Their Importance and Their Impact on Your Life . Amazon.com Services LLC, 2021.
  • Pfender, April, and Enya Todd. The Complete Guide to Chakras: Activating the 12-Chakra Energy System for Balance and Healing . Rockridge Press, 2020.
  • Alcantara, Margarita, and Tom Bingham. Chakra Healing: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Healing Techniques That Balance the Chakras . Fall River Press, 2019.
  • Chauhan, Divya. “Third Eye Chakra (Anja): Everything You Should Know About It .” Fitsri , 29 August 2019, Explore Third Eye Chakra (Ajna): Symptoms & Get It Balance - Fitsri
12 Likes

Thank you for sharing your wisdom! Here are some yoga practices. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjLZyUeM7XgX7d8L8L57sZtPdOL7cChlC

9 Likes

Thank you @crystal5, I have added the playlist to the post! I appreciate your assistance with the yoga, I am not well versed in yoga anything honestly… breathing exercises & meditation are still fairly new to me :laughing:

9 Likes

Three of my favorite crystals! :gem::sparkles: Maybe I’ll bring them out for a Third Eye meditation later today :woman_in_lotus_position: :purple_heart:

Thank you so much for this, Siofra!

8 Likes

Thank you for this @Susurrus a lot of great info.

7 Likes

Are you familiar with the practice of placing a crystal on your third eye while reclining in meditation?

The sound bath on the playlist might be nice to listen to with a Crystal on your third eye.

6 Likes

As you can guess, I highly recommend yoga, breath work, and meditation. Have you seen the explanation for clearing chakras on Avatar? How To Open Your 7 Chakras As Explained In a Children's Show - YouTube

7 Likes

I haven’t, my children are all older (23, 20, 13) so they & I no longer watch Avatar. I remember when one of my sons did though. I just can’t remember the episodes any longer. :laughing:

5 Likes

I have heard it of it, yes! :blush:

But ever since I heard that you have to be careful about placing stones directly around the body (as they can have some intended effects), I’ve been a bit hesitant about it- I only use a few of the stones I know best, and I usually only hold them in my hands or keep them nearby- at least for now! :gem::grinning:

I forgot about this!!! :heart_eyes: ATLA is such an amazing show :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Siofra_Strega

I am so glad you posted this information. You see how later I am starting this Challenge? It is beyond chaos here and I never had gray hair, but this morning I found one :roll_eyes: I will be using this information, thank you, on the Third Eye Chakras and Intuition.

Blessed Be My Sister Witch

5 Likes

You are very welcome! It was a great learning opportunity for myself.

Unfortunately, I’ve had gray hair since I was 17, then each child… it became more of a streak really :thinking:

It’s quite alright, I am behind on this challenge also. I know what I am going to do, I just haven’t done it yet. So, I’m right there with you on being late! I will get it done though, most likely tomorrow though. :smiling_face:

3 Likes