Can't log into App

I haven’t been able to log into the App however I’ve been able to access through Chrome. Anyone else receive this error message?

12 Likes

I haven’t seen this. Did you check for an update? Maybe uninstall it and reinstall it?

11 Likes

I tried that. This is the error message I received when I did that. It won’t let me reinstall it.

11 Likes

@moderators Maybe one of the moderators can help! Sorry I couldn’t be of more help!

9 Likes

Hello @SilverMoonStar,

Sorry that you are experiencing difficulties with the app- we will look into it and see what’s going on! :eyes:

As an experiment, I just deleted and reinstalled the Spells8 App on my phone (Android via Google Play Store) and I can confirm that it is working and downloadable as of right now (9:05am ET).

One troubleshooting method to try is to log out of the store (either Apple or Google Play) and restart your mobile device. This serves as a bit of a refresher or “cleanse” for your device. When it comes back on, log into the store and attempt to download the app again.

A second troubleshooting option is to clear the cache on your phone (the method will vary depending on your device- there should be an option in your settings!)

Please give that a try and let us know if it works! :pray:

9 Likes

Thank you. I actually did all that before posting this but will try again.

9 Likes

That’s awesome- you’re a troubleshooting pro, @SilverMoonStar! :grinning:

Thank you for giving the methods another go. Sometimes an update (the app, the Play Store, or the device) can get in the way of things running smoothly- I’ll keep my fingers crossed that things will work for you now! :pray:

9 Likes

My phone recently did a software update so not sure if it could be related to that.

10 Likes

Updates do tend to shift things around! Although I think that, in that case, restarting the phone would be enough to get things working again, especially with a freshly downloaded copy of the app. So I’m inclined to think it may be something else.

How did the restart and re-download go? Were you able to get into the app, or is the same error message coming up?

8 Likes

Same error. I completely cleaned my phone up, minimized memory, deleted unused apps, cleared cashe, uninstalled , reinstalled, restarted. Google kept asking me to put the app in deep sleep. Everytime you open it it just crashes. So I put in deep sleep. At least i can still log on here. I’ll give it a day or two and see how it goes if anything changes.

9 Likes

Thank you for responses.

9 Likes

I don’t have any answers but I’ll link in @starborn as she understands technology. :green_heart:

8 Likes

I’m going to loop @Francisco in on the conversation - he may know what’s going on, if an update is in the works, or if something else is happening.

7 Likes

I just had this happen & went throught everything. Uninstalled the app & then reinstalled it. It has an error message in the app store & then I uninstalled it again.

9 Likes

Did you try shaking the phone? Lol jk

Hope the bug gets fixed soon for you

8 Likes

The app has had an update. I know with my app it took about a month for the update to go through, it sat on pending for ages. I just kept cancelling the pending until yesterday, it actually updated. Maybe this is what’s happening.

8 Likes

Mines is now doing the same. I cannot open the app.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didnt help.

9 Likes

When I joined the link on the site said an app was only available on ios.

9 Likes

Ive had it on android for about a year with no problems…until now :rofl:

9 Likes

I can’t even get the app says my phone is too new. At least you were able to get it. I still haven’t been able to.

8 Likes