Celebrate with Me?

I pulled the 10 of Swords, this morning. It seems like most people read it as an unavoidable tragedy. You’ve hit rock bottom. This is the worst possible position.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m ready to celebrate! It cannot get any worse. That means it’s gotta get better! Yeah, sure, I could sit here a bit. I might need a rest from the tumble to this point. However, the worst is over!

I may not be done working, but bedrock makes a great foundation to build upon. The resulting building won’t be easy to crumble in an earthquake, has a better chance of surviving a flood because there’s no sand to wash out from underneath, has a deeper basement so those who live here can more easily hide from a tornado. If I’m smart enough to use the best materials, the place won’t burn down around me. I’ve learned a lot, so the building I’m creating can be a lasting edifice for the future after I’m gone, and I know enough to add touches of beauty here and there so people aren’t embarrassed to look at it.

I do have a question. When I tried to create a coven before I got online, I trusted a couple who turned out to be unscrupulous. I told them about my previous protections. Those have now been dispensed with. They worked well for 47 years! So well, in fact, that I’m considering doing something similar in my rebuilding process. Would their knowledge of the old wards weaken my new protections if I made similar ones? Should I try something brand spanking new?

16 Likes

I shall join you in celebrations! :dancer:

That’s such a wonderful, beautiful perspective. :black_heart:

Unlikely, but you can always add an extra layer or twist if it makes you feel more secure. The last thing you need is to be worrying about it, even if it works 100%. :black_heart:

14 Likes

Chaos embraces new workings of old rituals everytime you do them. I agree with @starborn your wards will still work, but I always tweek my stuff :rofl::kissing_heart:

14 Likes

Kazantzakis, a great writer and man of the Spirit of the Motherland, told me when you reach the bottom of hell you will take out wings and fly with greater power!
I celebrate with you!
everything will be fine!

14 Likes

@starborn lol I couldn’t help but to sit in fascination, watching that dance! LOL Thank you.

Thank you. I didn’t use all of the elements as wards, before, so I’m considering ways of including what I missed before.

Beautiful image! Thank you. I’ll have to look up such a wise philosopher! Any recommendations of where to start? I like the Stoics most, but others are just as wonderful.

13 Likes

I would always start with Kazantzakis, the contemporary Cretan Philosopher…

10 Likes

While it’s fiction, his Zorba the Greek book has some interesting moments about the fundamental contradiction between the spiritual/idealist and the physical/materialist world.

Although, @AIRAM will probably have better recommendations for you. :black_heart:

11 Likes

you are so great my dear that I truly admire you!
great book you mentioned
another equally good one is The Last Temptation of Christ: A Novel"

10 Likes

http://www.angel.net/~nic/askitiki.html
here is rich material from Kazantzakis in English :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Oh, it was he who had this on his grave:

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
(Δεν ελπίζω τίποτα. Δε φοβούμαι τίποτα. Είμαι λέφτερος.)

It’s a lovely quote. And I think he may have chosen it himself?

Thank you. :black_heart:

11 Likes

yes! he asked for it himself!
I hope for nothing…
I am not afraid of anything…
I am free!

11 Likes

Hey, you’re right - at least it can’t get worse! I like to think that the 10 of Swords is what happens when we avoid The Tower (or choose not to see it). Our foundations crumble around us and we start back at the bottom. It can only go up from here!

I don’t think it would at all! The only thing I can see happening, and it’s a big if, would be if they were still targeting you in some way. They would know how your protections work. With that knowledge, it’s easier to get around someone’s wards. However, you could always use something similar and include a trigger spell within it. This way, if their energy reaches out to you, something else will happen. I think of it like a rubberband. It’s pulled tight, but it’s only let go if something specific happens. When the person releases the rubberband, the energy flings back at them.

10 Likes

@georgia that’s right! I love :heart: this celebration :champagne: regarding the 10 of Swords :sword_tarot: !

Honestly when I read the 1st paragraph it really hit where me in the chest. Then when I kept reading :star_struck: It really made me think :thinking: Exactly Right :100: :tada:

I am on the se page as @MeganB about the protections. Even if the know how the old ones worked, doing something similar but different with a “trigger spell” type of inclusion. As a just in case they are still targeting you & haven’t moved on or stopped.

I like the rubber band metaphor :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Congratulations on seeing a new day dawn. A new beginning. I wish you strength as you get up and dust yourself off.

9 Likes

I’ve seen both of the movies. Excellent! Loved the music. Looking forward to reading the books. Thanks for the link. As I was reading a biography, earlier, it made me hungry for gyros and spanakopita! I hope I didn’t shame anyone by making tzatziki out of ranch and dill pickles- it’s all I had. It tasted good, anyway.

Yeah. That’s what I think may be going on. They were kicked out when the complex underwent renovations, but they had spent the money I paid them for lessons instead of saving it to help themselves move somewhere they’d be happy. We had discussed their wishes before I requested permission to learn from them. Total cost: enough for two bus tickets to Salem, Massachusetts. Not a loss on my part.

The wife exhibited odd behaviour when seeing a former rival cross public land outside her window, but I didn’t pay enough attention. Then when I began mirroring her, all Hades broke loose, and she blamed me for what she saw in the mirror. Most people do. That’s why I warned her it could happen. Very few take it this far.

The husband touted himself a vampire, and his Cancer sun sign made him clingy, promising to keep the coven connection forever, even if I broke it off. Most men make me that promise and conveniently forget, so I ignored it. Shouldn’t have.

I wish them well, wherever they are, just as I did at the beginning. No focus or intentions except to free myself. Whatever they send can be diverted to the depths of space, if the energy can be beneficial.

At the same time, I don’t want to know where they are, just so I don’t walk anywhere near their home. The complex became seniors only, so I have 35 years before they are allowed to return. I’ll be 90 by then. Grandma was 92 when she went Home. No biggie.

It sounds like a Rube Goldberg machine. Does anyone have a sample I could learn from?

Thank you.

11 Likes

There’s a preface at the start of my copy saying there’s an old translation off the French translation that takes too many liberties with the text. So I suppose try to avoid that one.

The one I have looks like this:

https://www.booktopia.com.au/zorba-the-greek-nikos-kazantzakis/book/9781476782812.html

10 Likes

Thank you for the heads up. I do prefer as close to the original as possible, so I will watch out for whence the translation came.

9 Likes

I finally checked the book to ensure that’s it (and get the translator’s name). Here’s the start of the section about that from my copy:

Why should a new English translation of Kazantzakis’s Zorba the Greek be published? The answer is both clear and simple. The earlier translation was made by someone who did not know Greek and who worked from a previous translation into French. The result was remarkably good, considering this problem; it won the approval of scores of readers in all the anglophone nations. However, when one places the earlier translation next to the original Greek text, one is quite amazed by the differences: omissions sometimes of many sentences, obvious errors, even commissions, i.e., supposedly translated material not in the Greek text at all. Consider the specific problem I treat at some length in my paragraph below describing all the help I received—namely, the existence of Greek words not included in any Greek dictionary, neither Greek–Greek nor Greek–English ones. In the earlier translation (and presumably in its French original, which I have not checked), these words are frequently omitted, although occasionally guessed at (owing to context), often incorrectly. Thanks to the good luck and splendid assistance described below, I believe that this new translation renders every single word in the Greek text, omitting none, and renders them correctly.

The translator’s name is Peter Bien.

10 Likes

I absolutely ADORE your perspective on things! And I would consider it an honor to celebrate with you. I brought cake for everyone!! And yes, that certainly is a witch unicorn!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Cool addition to my cillection! Thank you. I love unicorns. It’s beautiful.

I have noticed similar translations in many things, including Nietche and the Bible. Originals contain attitudes which can be so different that the writer can be easily misunderstood and shamed for something that wasn’t intended. This is my reasoning for avoiding critics’ notes and reviews, too.

I read a set of critics who defined a writer as egotistical and heretical, but when I read a direct translation, I saw his words as sarcastic in order to get people to think about their own beliefs and sad about the state of his country at the time period wherein he was writing. When I then read his biography, I found the writer disappointed that his writing was misunderstood; that he tried to correct the misconceptions, but first impressions had already set people against him. This particular writer gave up. It’s sad because he had wise things to say.

11 Likes