Celebrating Ostara in the Southern Hemisphere 🌍

Hi! I’m an Australian baby witch and I was just wondering if there’s any ideas how to celebrate Ostara coming up? Preferably one that’s easy and budget friendly.

Blessed Be!

Ruby

5 Likes

Hi Ruby! Welcome and Blessed Ostara! :sparkles:

I’m originally from Argentina and lived most of my life in the Southern Hemisphere so I know the struggle of browsing online trying to celebrate the sabbats while upside down!

Here are a few ideas from my personal Book of Shadows, I hope you find them useful!

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ◦◈◦◈◦◈◦⎯⎯⎯⎯

Ostara is a day to celebrate the coming of spring after a long period of darkness and cold. The heat of the sun strengthens the earth to start a new cycle.

Ideas to Celebrate Ostara

• The best thing you can do is take a walk outside, especially to a place where you can feel lots of natural energy. It could be a lake, a forest, or simply a park in your city.

• Thank the Goddess and God, or your personal spirits, for this blessing.

• Decorate your home with fresh cut flowers in every color of the rainbow.

• Paint Ostara eggs to symbolize the fertility of this time of the year.

• It’s also a great time to take care of your garden or plants and perform rituals.

A Simple Ostara Ritual

Go outside and cast a circle. Take a few deep breaths and feel the connection to Mother Earth and the Sun God. Take off your shoes if you want to.

Feel thankful that the cold winter has ended, taking with it what you no longer needed.

It’s time to let the seeds of renewal, transformation, and rebirth grow.

Say:

“The season of Hope and joy has come. May the Goddess and God bless the earth with balance and renewal.”

Take a sip of water and place an offering on your altar with a white candle burning.

Offerings for an Ostara Altar

• Plants: Strawberries, seasonal fruit plants, violets, honeysuckle, daffodils, lily, all seasonal flowers.
  • Herbs: Sage, rose, jasmine, acorn, saffron, lily, nutmeg.
  • Incenses: Frankincense, sandalwood, rose petals, orange peel, sage, apple, honeysuckle.
  • Oils: orange, sandalwood, incense, eucalyptus, lemon.
  • Colors: Green, Yellow, Pink, Gold.
  • Stones: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Red Jasper.
  • Food: eggs, honey cakes, the first fruits of the season, seeds, leafy vegetables, salads.
  • Drinks: juice made with seasonal fruits, wine.
  • Deities: Eostre, Ostara, Aries, Artemis, Athena, Isis, Astarte, Cybeles, Hecate, Luna, Mars, Minerva, Morrigan, Cernunnos, the Horned God, and also the Green Man.

Have a happy first day of spring!

Search for More ideas for Ostara here!

12 Likes

Greetings

Im also from australia im based in melbourne.

How are you managing with the lockdowns?

For ostara

You can paint eggs. Easter bunny decorations are good to use for cheap decorating so buy in april to use for september. I didnt as i wasnt organised :see_no_evil:

You can put flowers on your altar, make flower crowns etc.

3 Likes

This is a great thread for everyone in Southern Hemisphere celebrating Ostara this week! :rabbit::egg:

There are some great resources and ideas from Francisco and Kira-Marie above. In addition, I also recommend the Ostara Cast-Along:

How-to-Celebrate-Ostara-Alone-750x500

Happy Ostara to all celebrating! :heart:

1 Like

Hi @kira-marie and @ruby, i am Khadija also a baby witch and i live in Sydney and know the struggle as well. We too are still in lockdown and i cannot really source much items asides from online which is taking forever for the items to arrive from around… I Just brought so flowers from the local Aldi here and also put a bunny hanging ornament as well. Do what you can its not really the objects you have but the spirit you hold in terms of celebrating Ostara in your heart… Oh also i know this post is a year old but i guess i thought if you guys are still active members on Spells8 we could chat since we all live in Australia and come relate to the still ongoing Covid struggles… Say safe. K. x

4 Likes