Sabbats in the Southern Hemisphere

On several of the witchy Instagram pages I follow they say that Mabon is coming up for the Northern Hemisphere and Ostara for the Southern Hemisphere.

8 Likes

yes they do but i guess i mean for us is spring at it’s finest and also the next upcoming holiday here is Beltane which meets with Halloween and still spring so i guess i can get some nice flowers either fake or even better real every week and when it comes to Beltane i can get some Halloween decorations like pumpkins etc… I was wondering though, is there rituals or anything else involved i should know?

8 Likes

There are rituals on site that will help you out, or you can make up your own. You can find some information and the different Sabbats rituals here.

8 Likes

Thanks i will check it out now

8 Likes

You’re welcome! :heart:

8 Likes

It’s a bit overwhelming especially when you get bombarded with all information for the Northern Hemisphere but you live in the South. I agree with what Brianna said above.

Here’s a related topic: Celebrating Ostara in the Southern Hemisphere

I lived most of my life in South America and in my experience both ways are valid. Go out in Nature and experience Ostara, the best time of the year is coming! Your rituals will organically match those energies. However you can celebrate Mabon with us, “in spirit”, as if we were all in the same calendar. After all, we are all celebrating independently, together. :sun:

8 Likes

Thank you such good advice

7 Likes

I came across these articles while researching the upcoming Mabon …

This article in the first paragraph states Ostara is in March for southerners
How to Celebrate Mabon: The Autumn Equinox (learnreligions.com)
and
This website is solely dedicated to southern wiccans
Wicca in the Southern Hemisphere - Sacred Space (weebly.com)

In both articles though it’s reallys up to the practitioner as others here have stated.

8 Likes

Thank you i will check them out now

7 Likes

I knew it would come up again, here’s the link to the Instagram page I follow

6 Likes

Nice tips on the Instagram page thanks

6 Likes

@Francisco - A printable of the southern hemisphere Wheel of the year would be amazing for all of us Southern Witches!!! :raised_hands::crossed_fingers::blush:

11 Likes

I agree, it would be nice to have both southern and northern so we don’t divide anyone due to their location :blush: I the mean time my amateur wheel is good enough :blush: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@mikayla Thanks for the suggestion! I went ahead and modified the current Wheel of the Year printable page into a Southern Hemisphere version!

Southern Hemisphere Wheel of the Year Grimoire Page

Southern-Hemisphere-Witches-Wheel-of-Year

I’m starting a Grimoire PDF collection specifically for pagans in the South. Let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas! :pray:

PS: @TheMuslimWitch did an awesome job with her Southern Wheel of the Year Art! Check it out here!

12 Likes

Woot, you rock @Francisco!

7 Likes

Nice thanks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! :smile:

6 Likes

@mikayla This is absolutely awesome work and I’m proud to download this and enjoy it. This is the most inclusive group I’ve ever had the pleasure to be a part of. Thanks again for beautiful work and thinking of the Southern Hemisphere practitioners. I call SH magickal people lefties as we cast our circles to the left or sunwise here.

8 Likes

Lefty… it makes sense never thought of it that way… Talking of lefty i am actually a lefty both location and hand wise lol

5 Likes

@summerlight Thank you for your lovely words!!

Yes! I will add that bit to the Southern Hemisphere resources post!

6 Likes