Color Magick 🌈

I love incorporating color into my practice whenever I’m doing a spell. (Candles & Crystals) Here is a little info to help you out. It’s from an article by Sage Goddess. I will attach the link below!

• RED – ROOT CHAKRA – DIRECTION OF SOUTH – ELEMENT OF FIRE
    Red is the color of passion and depth of feeling. It represents blood, the life force, menses, creation and also destruction, fire, and in its darker shades, death. It is the full cycle of being.

• ORANGE – SACRAL CHAKRA
    Orange is the color of sexual energy and creativity, the womb and all that awaits creation in this lifetime. It represents flow, movement, and flux as well as transformation.

• YELLOW – SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA – DIRECTION OF EAST – ELEMENT OF AIR
    Yellow is the color of power, authority, and control. It is the color by which we map our destinies and locate our space in the world. Yellow is the diaphragm, the great breath, and the light of dawn that represents possibility, becoming, and potential.

• GREEN – HEART CHAKRA
    Green is our heartspace, our capacity for healing in love and emotional matters. It represents our capacity to hold ourselves and others and represents hope.

• BLUE – THROAT CHAKRA
    Blue is our voice, our integrity, our truth. Is represents our ability to communicate and our willingness to articulate our desires, intentions, and needs. Blue is peace, the deep exhale that releases oxygen from our bodies. It aligns and balances us.

• INDIGO – THIRD EYE CHAKRA
    Indigo is the color of the priest or priestess, the knowing, the sacred eye that sees all and knows all from a place of ancient wisdom. Indigo opens us to worlds we have seen in our dreams but have yet to explore. It is our place of meditation, relaxation, and union with our guides.

• PURPLE – CROWN CHAKRA (White corresponds with this too! :white_heart:)
    Purple is the crown of the divine, our connection so Source energy and All That Is. Purple reminds us that we are souls having a physical experience. Purple is our regal, Higher Self that is in alignment with Spirit.

9 Likes

I think the colors are a very very important ingredient in spell work

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I agree that colors are important in and out of our magick and witchcraft. On a psychological level, it’s been proven that colors can affect our emotions and perception of the world around us. That being said, I believe that colors and their correspondences can be highly personal.

I’m curious…does anyone else have their own correspondences for colors that don’t match the “common” correspondences that you see in books and on the internet? It’s a topic I plan on covering on my podcast and YouTube channel, but I wanted to get some other opinions, too!

5 Likes

That’s a great topic for discussion!

I think a good exercise is to create a personal table of color correspondences with the basic colors, meditate on each color for a while and write down the feelings and associations that you have with that color.

Color evokes a very personal response from everyone. :art:

4 Likes

Me being who I am, I love the psychology behind the correspondences for things like colors and scents :smiley:

For example, I absolutely hate the color yellow, so it is not one that I would use for happiness or joy like a lot of people correspond it with. I would use it to represent something annoying to me haha

4 Likes

Me too! I think it’s because yellow makes me think of sickness or dying, probably because of dry grass / dead leaves… But then I associate it with the sun :sunny: and it changes my mind!

In a way, every color has a “positive” side or association and a “negative” one too.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s a weird correspondence thing for me I suppose lol I have never like the color yellow and I don’t know why. I associate orange more with the sun and warmth. It makes me feel physically warm when I think of being wrapped in orange lol

2 Likes
3 Likes