Crafting for the Ancestors

I wanted to share my newest video with you all :heart:

I’ve been doing more research and actual work with my ancestors lately. I wanted to take the time to create a dedicated space for them in my home, craft some things for the altar space, and just give some of my thoughts on ancestors in general.

I hope you enjoy the video :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

The altar cloth you made is beautiful, and the idea of a black mirror for your ancestors is great. I don’t have hardly any pictures so that would work great for me. Thank you for sharing!

11 Likes

Oh wow, girl you have me in tears! That was beautiful! I can relate to the part when you said that you have some ancestors that you wish you knew and some you wish you didn’t.

The Italian side of my family believes in ‘bad blood’ and for this, my great aunt was in a sense kicked out of the family.

When I was pregnant with my first son, (2005) I met her at my baby shower for the first time. She was the sweetest thing. She hand made my son a blanket and I have it still. It’s sad how people can hold grudges for so long!

But, thank you for the video!!! I really enjoyed this one especially!!! 🪄

12 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst :heart: I hope it does work for you if you decide to make one!

Aww :hugs: @christina4 I know a lot of cultures believe in the idea of “bad blood”, too, but I’m glad you got to meet her and that she was sweet! I like to think that “bad blood” is just ancestral trauma that needs healing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

It is ancestral trauma and it needs healing because that family is getting old. And most of them are dying off.

My family will never know that kind of issue. They will deserve a second chance! If it weren’t for any chances at all, I’d most likely wouldn’t be here. But anyway, thanks again. I’ve got work to do

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing this . I love the black mirror… Is perfect I don’t have many pictures either​:purple_heart::purple_heart:

8 Likes

You’re welcome! It definitely serves the purpose that I need it to.

8 Likes

This video is beautiful, and really thought provoking. Thank you so much for making it and sharing it with us. Blessed be :pray:t3::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Aww thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@MeganB Yes! I love this video! It is beautiful just like you are! Merry meet!
:first_quarter_moon_with_face: It is very nice to meet you! I enjoy your creativity! What a wonderful idea! You have a lot of crafty witch about you too! :purple_heart:
Blessed Samhain
-much love and many blessings

6 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: That means a lot to me! It’s nice to meet you as well!

6 Likes

Wow, I loved your video about ancestors, thanks for sharing this with us all and I will look into my ancestors again.
That was a lovely ancestor altar, crocheted cloth, just beautiful Megan.
Thanks for showing me how to do a black picture, I was not quite sure how.
Blessed be :dizzy:

3 Likes

You’re very welcome :heart: and thank you for your kind words!

3 Likes