Cute and silly witchy pictures

Indeed! If only I could remember such activities exist more often. :joy:

6 Likes

Now that’s something I can aspire to… people taking one look at me and remembering “hey, sex is a thing” :joy:

6 Likes

Out of hearts again ugh lol. Love the comments. Titties lol :rofl: I was watching :heart: impractical jokers. murr was in newyork put his bare chest against the windows dancing. Saying ninnies out. Ninnies out. Lol. He even got another man to join in. Hahaha

7 Likes

These memes are amazing- @Devenne, you have a really impressive collection of funny ones! :joy: Thank you for sharing them! :heart:

And yikes, @CelestiaMoon- that does look chilly! I can’t believe you already have snow! :snowflake: :laughing:

(Also just a quick Mod reminder to all that this discussion is in a public space that is viewable to the web- please remember to keep any suggestive magickal content in the more private A Sacred Space behind an appropriate protective label. Thank you!)

9 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank ya thank ya very much :laughing::heart::blush: p s hiw do u blurr things?

7 Likes

Great question! Here is a little guide on how to use the blur feature:

Feel free to give it a try- if you need more help, let me know! :grinning: :+1:

10 Likes

@BryWisteria Thankyou lovely :rose:

14 Likes

My pleasure, @Devenne! :blush: :heart: (and hello to your sweet furry friend too! :black_cat: :two_hearts: )

7 Likes

@BryWisteria I’d heart all the replies but I’m out haha. Jerry says hello there!!! He sits by my bed cries at me when I get up and follows to living room. Then does circles around the table stopping in front me each time. Lol :rofl: hoping for snacks lol

11 Likes

No worries! The hearts will refill before you know it :wink: And hello to your sweet Jerry! He’s adorable :smiley_cat: :heart:

8 Likes

Noted, thank you for the reminder :heart:

Cutie! :smile_cat:

9 Likes

It might be helpful to let newbies know that tapping on the blur clears it if it is important to read. It took me a month to figure that out.

9 Likes

Yes, that’s an important addition- thanks for noting it, Georgia! :grinning:

9 Likes

The funny thing about this one is that there’s actually a Welsh curse that involves flashing someone their breasts! :joy: Mhara Starling (a Welsh Witch) shared it on TikTok, I think? I’m gonna go find it.

Ahh yes, here it is.

And here’s the context from her Instagram Post (https://www.instagram.com/p/CQv2GrxLrL6/).

Throughout history in Wales, cursing was a skill that practically all common folk were said to have. Curses in the traditional sense would be acts where an individual would call to God, or a similar power, and wish all manners of ill fortune and torture upon their victims.

Welsh women in particular were seen as ruthless cursers. And the most notorious cases of Welsh cursing were cases that crossed the boundaries of social class and gender. A woman cursing a man, very powerful curse indeed! A poor woman cursing a rich man? That man better be ready for an absolute storm.

In the Welsh language there even exists terminology, separate from the terminology for magical practitioners, purely to describe those who cursed others. Curses were “rheibiau”. Male cursers were “rheibiwr” and female cursers were “rheibies”.

Curses would be carried out by women in a rather ritualistic manner. They would fall to their knees, raise their hands skyward and scream their curses loudly. And yes, occasionally, they would bare their breasts.

One example of a woman baring her breasts as part of a curse tells of a mother from the Mawddwy area. Her two sons were being persecuted by the law. She pleaded with a high status man to spare one of her sons at least. When she was denied this, she pulled out her breasts, fell to her knees and said “these yellow breasts have given suck to those who shall wash their hands in your blood”. That man was murdered not long after this curse was placed upon him.

So the lesson in this is: don’t cross a Welsh woman. Ever.

Sources:
Richard Suggett - a history of witchcraft and magic in Wales (2008, the history press)

J.M. Shuttleworth (Ed.) - The life of Edward, first lord Herbert of Cherbury, written by himself (1976) 6: a tour in Wales.

So, maybe the witch in that last meme is actually casting a curse! :joy:

15 Likes

Whoa. :astonished: :joy: But I gotta know now if her sons were spared. I did a quick search and got distracted by this instead: https://rune.une.edu.au/web/bitstream/1959.11/22216/7/open/SOURCE06.pdf

customary practices were used as the means of eliciting an admission of guilt from the witch, the cause of the malefice. Only with such an admission could the reconciliation process be achieved and inter-personal harmony restored.

8 Likes

That part I don’t know - I haven’t read Mhara’s book yet, but maybe the sources there from her Instagram post have something. I’ll have to do some digging later!

Is my tired brain reading that right - the witch needed to admit guilt and then the curse was removed? :sweat_smile: another thing to tuck away and read later!

9 Likes

And then the town would let them go or something, it seems. Looks like the document is about how witch trials happened. But I had to stop reading and prepare for meetings. :laughing:

9 Likes

Wow! I was not expecting anything substantial on my titties picture. I love this though. I truly do. Thankyou I will be bookmarking this for my collection. What’s funny but maybe not so coincidental is the belief of the power of words and speaking into existence. We create our worlds and what we allow to flow through it when we learn how to heal ourselves and use that power. Im just barely getting a taste of it. Could you imagine how powerful she would be. I truly enjoyed this. Thank you Happy Thanksgiving Y’all :grimacing::rose:

8 Likes

I have been believing in the power of words for a long time. I wish I could remember the book I read years ago which made me start changing my thought process. When you think negatively. Find why u thought that. Feel it a minute let it go replace it with good thoughts. Then keep replacing the thoughts Was the process in the book. If we aren’t careful we can fall back into a negative mindset further hindering the process. Now when I have a negative thought I talk to my shadow and try to get answers as it happens. I rationally, telepathically explain to shadow why you feel that way and it’s ok. Then it subsides. Not sure if it’s proper but it helps?

8 Likes

Words are so powerful. I feel much more at peace too, having made a pact to always be there for myself and my inner child :pink_heart: Interrupting and questioning negative self talk is very good. Another helpful habit is to catch yourself every time you say “should” or “have to”. We can say so much better things, like “I love you”, “you’re beautiful” and “I believe in you”, and feel so much better for it :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes