Daily Affirmations 🥰

One of my favorite things to do in my practice is to work with affirmations. An affirmation is a phrase - usually positive - said in the present tense to manifest a desire, emotion, or material object. I know I’m not the only one who uses affirmations in their practice, and affirmations are often used in conjunction with sigils. I also know that many people who embrace a Wiccan faith or New Age spirituality embrace the peace, love, and light aspects of the world around us. Although I may walk a different path, I still believe that affirmations have the power to change the world around us as well as our perception of that world.

What does an affirmation look like?

Affirmations are very easy to create. As I said above, they are simply phrases, usually positive, said in the present tense to bring about change. Here are some examples of affirmations involving the concept and emotion of love.

:heart: My heart is always open to love.

:heart: Love follows me wherever I go.

:heart: I love my body, mind, and spirit.

As you can see, they are all positive and they are all said in the present tense. You can apply affirmations to any aspect, concept, or manifestation. I know some witches have used affirmations to help manifest their dream home or that extra cash they needed to pay their rent.

:blush: I am happy, healthy, and full of energy.

:earth_americas: The world sees me for who I am.

:star2: Healing light and energy surrounds me and those I love.

An affirmation is, by definition, something that you are affirming to be true. When you use these, either by speaking them aloud, saying them in a spell, or focusing your energy and intention, you are speaking these into existence.

Affirmations in New Thought and New Age terminology refer primarily to the practice of positive thinking and self-empowerment—fostering a belief that “a positive mental attitude supported by affirmations will achieve success in anything.” More specifically, an affirmation is a carefully formatted statement that should be repeated to one’s self and written down frequently. For affirmations to be effective, it is said that they need to be present tense, positive, personal and specific. - Wikipedia

How to create an affirmation

The first step to creating your affirmation is to decide what you want to accomplish. Do you want to ease your anxiety(*)? Do you want to bring love into your life? Do you need some extra cash to pay your rent? These are all subjects, and your affirmation needs to have one.

Once you know what you want , you then need to simply speak it. However, you should speak this in the present tense and a positive manner. You shouldn’t use affirmations that use the following words…

• not
  • don’t
  • no
  • haven’t

…and the reason for this is simple. Your mind and spirit can latch onto the negative aspects and words used in an affirmation if you happen to lose focus or don’t set your intentions well enough. For this reason, I always recommend using positive words only. You should also say these affirmations in the present tense. There is a theory out there that since time is not linear in the spiritual world, your spirit has no concept of time. So, if you say something like “I will be happy”, then it won’t happen. Your spirit doesn’t recognize the concept of will or has. There is no concept of past or future, only the present. For this reason, affirmations are said to be effective if said in the present tense.

So, going with the examples I stated above…

• Calming energy surrounds me. I am safe and loved.
  • Healthy love is with me wherever I go.
  • I am taken care of. My rent is paid in full.

You can see how these three affirmations all have a subject, are all positive in manner, and are all written in the present tense.

How do you use affirmations?

There are several ways affirmations can be used in your spiritual practice. The most common way is to simply speak them. Say them aloud at your altar. Say them as you look in the mirror. Say them as you drive to work. Wherever you want to say them, speak your affirmations and manifestations into existence.

The next method is to turn your affirmation into a sigil. This is also a very common way of incorporating affirmations into your magick and spellwork. Simply take your phrase, create a sigil, and use your sigil as you see fit.

Do you use affirmations in your daily practice? What’s your favorite affirmation, and how do you use it?

(*) Please note that affirmations, magick, and spellwork are no substitution for medical advice or treatment and should not be used as such!

How to Create a Sigil - YouTube Video
How to Use a Sigil - YouTube Video

11 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to write these affirmations, they are lovely!

5 Likes

Love this! Affirmations can be so powerful! I try to be mindful and use them often. Great reminder to not use negatives in the sentence!

4 Likes

I’m glad you both find them helpful! Affirmations are powerful and not everyone knows about them and how to use them to their full potential.

5 Likes

I love affirmations… and how to word things…

4 Likes

Same here,there’s just something about morning affirmations, best way to start the day

6 Likes