Divination with The Runes

Thank you @Liisa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m so happy that you’re back!!! :sparkles::pray::sparkles:

6 Likes

Thanks for this.

I’ve just bought my first set of runes and this gives me a good place to start :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Another insightful and inspirational rune post from Rune Master Liisa- thank you so much for blessing us with this wisdom! :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Perhaps this one? This thread explored making home-made runes using feathers:

5 Likes

We were starting to miss you, Liisa, and the runes!! ᛚᛁᛁᛊᚨ :smiley:

Thanks for the tips and spreads. I think the traditional rune cast is my favorite because it offers so many things to analyze: spaces, sides, shapes, interactions…!

5 Likes

@christina4 I’m so happy to be back also :hugs::heart: I missed soooo many posts but I’m getting though them :blush:

@IrisW congrats in the new Rune set :grin: I was going to make some but I’ve become so attached and tuned into my bought set that I’ll probably just use them now :heart:

@BryWisteria thank you :heart: that’s the post I was talking about :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: it was really good for ideas :heart:

@Francisco I missed everyone also :hugs: there is so much to explore with the Rune cast method :grin: so many possibilities for interpretations I might try a post on just that method next :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you got the different spreads greatly appreciated!
Someday I’ll make my own, my own
Jeannie

6 Likes

I am following @basil’s tutorial right now:

Thanks for the inspiration, Iris! :+1:

8 Likes

Francisco,
Nice job! I think I can do that! They look great!:wink:
I got a Popsicle stick and I think I’m just gonna do them one by one.
Thank you Basil
Jeannie

5 Likes

Thank you I’ve been a bit stuck on my path with the runes…:crazy_face:

5 Likes

Hi, I also made my own runes, but there is no tutorial on the site that teaches runners to predict with runes? :mage::woman_teacher:t2:

4 Likes

I bought this set decades ago - long before I began practicing the Craft - because it looked cool.

8 Likes

There are many sites that give some interpretation. Search ‘Elder Futhark runes’ and you should find them.

7 Likes

As far as using runes in divination, I know that some rune readers use a simple and easy daily practice: drawing one rune a day and gaining insight about the day ahead based on the rune. It’s very similar to the one-card daily reading in Tarot. You can learn more about this method of rune divination in Rune Wisdom Learning and the many rune draw posts in the forum.

And @anon87969570 is right on- there are plenty of places out there to learn more about rune divination! :grin::+1: I know @Liisa shared a book she recommends about rune divination: Runes for Beginners: A Guide to Reading Runes in Divination

As for other ways to use runes in magick, @Liisa shared some great ones:

To Zari and all those exploring the world of rune divination, wishing you blessed readings! :sparkles:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria
Thank you for the complete answers and links I really need. You are a wise wizard.::mage::woman_teacher:t2::kissing_closed_eyes::blush:

5 Likes

The universe has answered! This came up in my email today. It isn’t perfect but is a place to start. The Moonlight Shop sells witchy items, but also has a blog.

https://themoonlightshop.com/blogs/news/116002885-the-ultimate-guide-to-runes

I wish it said more about spreads and interpretation, but can’t have everything.

7 Likes

Thanks, a brief explanation of the concept of runes can help me get acquainted with the general concept of runes, and thanks for sharing great resources, I can not buy from this store due to location, but I enjoyed seeing so much beauty. And maybe I can find ideas to make my own craft. Thank you very much.:pray:t2::raising_hand_woman:t2::blue_heart::orange_heart::ok_hand:t2::mage::dancer:t2::star_struck:

6 Likes

You’re very welcome, @zari- I’m glad I could help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Enjoy your rune divinations and blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

@anon87969570, it’s the exact one I have, except my bag is blue.

3 Likes

this was really awesome. I went to the dollar store and picked up some wooden cubes and made me some runes using your link.

7 Likes