Eclipse Rituals

I live in an area of North America that will experience full totality for the solar eclipse on April 8. I am wanting to make this a special time and was wondering if anyone has a special solar eclipse ritual that they have used in the past that they might like to share. Thanks and blessed be :dark_sunglasses::sunny:

15 Likes

https://spells8.com/new-moon-solar-eclipse-ritual/
Written by @BryWisteria

24B1CB4A-00C0-4249-ABCF-2A7F58549A33

14 Likes

Thank you for this request. May I take a moment to remind everyone of some safety issues?

8 Likes

Good call, @georgia! Even if no one already in this thread needs it, it’s good for those who arrive via a search engine and haven’t seen the rest of the forum.

:silver_heart: :black_heart:

8 Likes

Hi @lyns!

Good for you for planning your spellwork out ahead of time - you’re very well organized! I’m sure you’ll be able to create a very special experience for the upcoming eclipse :black_circle: :sparkles: :blush:

(Thank you @georgia for the very kind and helpful safety notes! :pray:)

It looks like the lovely @crystal59 has already shared the New Moon/Eclipse ritual I wrote a few years back based on the New Moon Chant - have you perhaps come across the other Solar Eclipse Ritual on the main site too? In case not, I’ll drop a fast link here:

There’s also a fun ritual shared by @christina4 called New Moon Solar Eclipse: Play as a Practice that might inspire some funs ways to honor the occasion.

Whatever you choose to do, wishing you a wonderful eclipse, Lyns! Blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

Haven’t seen you in a while @christina4 I hope all is well we miss you. :revolving_hearts: :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Me too Lyns!! I am so glad you asked this question!

6 Likes

I will have almost 4 minutes of totality… Any Crystals I should have on me for this event? Special tea I should drink during? Incense I should burn? Any Ideas?

6 Likes

It was beautiful and powerful and I felt every bit of it. I actually did my ritual work before the eclipse began when energy was building. During totality I just took it all in with my younger son and nephew in a hammock with me :heart:. For the pre eclipse ritual I kept it simple and put my own twist on the one that was posted earlier yesterday.

• took two pieces of paper and wrote down intentions for myself that are guided by solar and lunar energies respectively that need to be more in balance in my life.
    -lit a simple tea light candle, laid the petitions down in front of the candle and said each three times, visualizing each for myself in the present tense.
    -after I did a little reflection on those goals I said the following:
    “Candle burn and light my way, give me enlightenment on this day. Energy and peace in balance abound. Give me drive and help me ground. As sun and moon align this day, give me harmony and guide my way. So Mote It Be”
    *I let the candle burn safely as the eclipse was happening and will keep the petitions with me until the next observable eclipse in my area.
    (I did use some grounding oils in a diffuser just to set the tone and help with meditation. Lavender, frankincense, myrrh and vetiver)
8 Likes

Hi Mysterie! Sorry for coming to this late - while there’s been a lot of discussion around the eclipse, I don’t remember seeing any specific crystals, tea blends, or incense recommended. If you ended up finding some that resonated, I hope they worked well for you! :heart:

Woohoo! It sounds like you had an amazing ritual and a beautiful eclipse. I’m glad you had such a nice experience, Lyns - blessed be! :black_circle: :two_hearts: :candle:

5 Likes