Egyptian Symbols for Rituals and Spells

Hello everyone,

Most of you know the massive influence that Ancient Egypt has on my practice. Symbolism was important in Egypt…They used hieroglyphs as a means of recording and communication and this one of the first languages to allocate symbols to sounds.

Some of these symbols also rwpresented entire words or concepts and were used fornritual purposes as well as for communication.

I have complied a list of some of the most commonly used symbols and explained what they can be used for. They can be used in different ways in your practice, even if you do not necessarily work with Egyptian deities. Some examples include:

Wearing jewellery
Creating amulets
Displaying on altars
Carving into candles
Drawing with oil
Crafting the symbol
Placing in spell jars

I hope you find some use for these and that they help to bring your desired outcomes.

Blessed be

Alan

20 Likes

Interesting the Benben, it’s the exact look of my obsidian pyramid crystal that I use for meditation. It was the first crystal I ever bought. :green_heart:

13 Likes

Thank you for this information! It’s very useful. :black_heart:

I wear an ankh necklace all day, every day. :ankh: And I keep a shungite pyramid on my desk with me. :black_heart:

I might actually get a few more things based off this… :innocent:

13 Likes

@tracyS The benben was basically a pyramid shaped mountain that rose from the water. Thats why they are put on the top of obelisks and why the egyptians uilt pyramids.

@starborn yeh i have the ankh and eye of horus tattooed on my back. I also wear a chain that combines the 2. Just need to see how i can incorporate some of the others.

14 Likes

I love this! :heart: I love the Egyptian culture. I had an art history class in college and I learned a lot about the culture

11 Likes

@Sivonnah Ive been obsessed sonce childhood. My reiki healer told me i live there in a past life. She said that Egyptian deities were around me when she was performong my reiki. It fascinates me how it went on for so long and how the last pharaoh is closer in time to us than to the pharaohs who built the pyramids. It just introgued me as to what made theor civilisation, culture and beleifs so successful and long standing.

12 Likes

Me, too. But I dropped it once I got well into high school, so I really appreciate you bringing this all back to me. :black_heart:

11 Likes

It has just always stayed with me, sitting there in the background. Maybe it was for a reason :thinking:

10 Likes

That’s so cool! :heart:

11 Likes

I’ve been seeing the Ouroboros around lately- it was a necklace in the store the other day, and I saw a living version of it in a recent dream. Perhaps it’s associations with the cycle of life and death tie into the solstice, and the rebirth of the sun? :sun_with_face: :thinking: :snake:

These are all very interesting symbols- thank you for taking the time to explore and share about them, @Cosmic_Curiosity! :ankh: :eye_of_horus: :pray: :blush:

9 Likes

I almost bought an Ouroboros bracelet a week and a half ago, too. :thinking:

8 Likes

It could very well be a sign of endings and new beginnings linked to the solstice. It also represents the flow of time and so could represent reaching the shortest day before beginning to grow again.

Its a sign from above. Perhaps it is time to acknowledge endings and welcome new beginnings.

8 Likes

Sounds like we’re Ouroboros buddies (Ourobuddies? Ouroborobuddies? :joy: :snake: )

Seems like, of all the signs and symbols out there to see in the world, this is a pretty positive for one for us to be experiencing! :blush:

That really resonates too! The Ouroboros does seem to tie into the time of the solstice in many ways :sun_with_face:

Thank you, Alan! :sparkles:

8 Likes

And a good time of the year for it, with New Year’s coming up in a few weeks. And then the Lunar New Year a few weeks after that. I’ve already applied and gotten paid leave approved for the days surrounding the Orthodox New Year’s weekend and the Lunar New Year’s weekend. :partying_face:

Besides the move, I’m also taking it a bit literally with possessions. Like, parts of my life that I’ve moved on from, still have physical remnants that I should let go of for my own sake. It’s like a physical cleansing of my space by removing things and I’m feeling a sense of peace incoming as I slowly accomplish it. :blush: :black_heart:

Ourobuddies! Ouroborobuddies! Ouroboroboroboroborobuddies!

Yep, let’s make some good use of it. :sparkles: :black_heart:

7 Likes

This is excellent information greatly appreciate you posting this. I am so interested in symbols/sigils/runes and so on

:eye_of_horus:

ᛒᛚᛖᛊᛊᛖᛞ ᛒᛖ

ᛗᛖᛞᛖ

9 Likes

What script is this? I read it says “blessed be, mede” but I’m confused as to why I even know that… I don’t remember learning this. :thinking:

7 Likes

What is that? I’ve never heard of it

7 Likes

It is the serpent depicted as eating its own tail, popularly thought to be of Ancient Greek origins. It’s often seen as a representation of the cycle of life, death, and rebirth, through the use of the snake who sheds its skin and the eternal nature of the circular shape.

[source]

To the Norse, it is known as Jörmungandr, one of the three children of Loki and Angrboda.

8 Likes

Ahhhh…I :eyes:. I’ve seen it before just never knew it had a name. Thanks :heart: :blush: :people_hugging: :black_heart:

9 Likes

I’ve been interested in the Egyptian forever. Thankyou for sharing !

7 Likes