Emotional support doll anyone?

Hi I brought an emotional support doll a few months back and haven’t used it yet, but loved the idea of having some to inf to pour my feelings into… Does anyone have something similar or is this just another factor to my individuality lol :joy:

16 Likes

I don’t have a doll, but I do type out huge emails to no one when something is on my mind & I need to get it all out. I just type until everything I want to say is there. Then after I am ready, I delete the drafted email. There isn’t an address that it’s going to, so it just stays a draft until I delete it. :smile:

11 Likes

I have an emotional support Nelly. She is my best friend!!

And keeps me secure.

10 Likes

This is a great way of letting everything off your chest. I used to write in a journal but it was kind of dark as all it contained was negative sad things including drawings sometimes. I made me feel i could say everything i needed to without actually having to risk anything or anyone in process such as arguments etc…

10 Likes

Oh so sweet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I wish i had one :weary: I used to have a cat but hubby doesn’t like cats so we had to give her up for adoption :cry:

8 Likes

My mum bought me a Guatemalan Worry Doll for my birthday last year.

Worry dolls (also called trouble dolls; in Spanish, Muñeca quitapena ) are small, hand-made dolls that originate from Guatemala. According to legend, Guatemalan children tell their worries to the Worry Dolls, placing them under their pillow when they go to bed at night. By morning the dolls have gifted them with the wisdom and knowledge to eliminate their worries.

The story of the worry doll is a local Mayan legend. The origin of the Muñeca quitapena refers to a Mayan princess named Ixmucane. The princess received a special gift from the sun god that allowed her to solve any problem a human could worry about. The worry doll represents the princess and her wisdom.

The Legend of the Guatemalan Worry Doll – Common Hope.

I am loving. And I mean loving yours! She’s gorgeous. Does she have a name?

14 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch oh that is such a bummer you had to give up your cat! Your doll is super cute though. We all need extra support :smiley: I think its a great idea.

9 Likes

I had worry dolls when I was younger, they came in a little pouch. I don’t know what happened to them though :thinking: I remember the pouch was a dark blue & there were 3 or 4 little dolls that lived in it.

8 Likes

I used to have little worry dolls that my grandma had gotten me. I don’t honestly know where they went and I wish I knew. She passed away August of 2020 :heart:

7 Likes

I have a couple reborns ive made for myself for that exact reason. When im upset i curl up with one. I dono maybe its cuddling with a realistic looking baby or some kind of magic but they always help me.

8 Likes

I used to have to worry dolls as well, they were in a pouch and my mom gave them to me. I wish I still had them and had used them more as a child, I didnt really understand the concept them. I love your doll.

8 Likes

TheMuslimWitch
Actually, the Emotional support doll is a great idea.
Most of my friends and family are either gone or we aren’t in contact anymore. She (the doll) Could be great company!
Garnet

7 Likes

Oh love this worry doll! I have now learned something new and will look into it more. You know i never did name her… fancy that i never thought of it :woman_facepalming: I will have to think about it and let you know. Any suggestions? Maybe something humorous like a name representing happiness since all i will do is poor my little soul into her if i need her leave the doll with all the negative energy i have. I feel sorry for the doll already lol i should apologise in advance :blush: :laughing:

7 Likes

Yes i think so too. Sometime people are just not available and what i mean is it is not appropriate to share such as my mum who nearly fainted when i told her my hardships at home, randoms at the gym or even the person causing my pain or kids etc… So having a support doll seemed the best thing i could do.

9 Likes

Oh cool. Well if you ever find something online similar to what you mean i am very interested to see :blush:

7 Likes

Oh bless her soul. I am sorry for your loss :cry: Everyone seems to have these amazing worry dolls. If anyone sees an article or even someone selling them with a good description send them my way :heartpulse:

7 Likes

It would help and it does. I know this is not healthy but when i was extremely upset with hubby when my kids were born instead of screaming and shouting i would curl up with the youngest at each time and sob softly. Now i think about it if my memory serves me right babies can sense our feeling right? So your realistic baby is just perfect then :blush:

8 Likes

Thanks. A pocket sized doll seems better and more practical as at least it can be with you anywhere anytime :blush:

6 Likes

Yes i thought so too. Just wanted to pour my heart into something rather than my current method of a diary/ journal that anyone can read and find since there’ is not privacy in this house with 5 other snoopy members lol

7 Likes

Good morning! I found the Legend of the Worry Dolls & some images of them, they are handmade:

Legend of the Worry Doll

I had a similar pouch with 3 or 4 dolls. I can’t remember what happened to it after I had my son & we moved to a different town. I remember there was 1 boy doll & the rest were girl dolls.

Image Search Source

5 Likes