Empath and new witch

Congratulations on your new journey as well!;I def want to try so many things as well. Thankyou for reminding me to be patient. Appreciate you. Thank you :pray: hope you have a great day.

9 Likes

Awwww, love you too! :hugs: :two_hearts:

Make yourself at home here, Devenne! :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Hello Devenne, very nice to meet you. Very cool magick you’ve experienced. Welcome.

10 Likes

@gordon Made me :blush: smile. Thank you for your warm welcome

9 Likes

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m happy to help!

9 Likes

@Devenne hi :wave: I’m Susurrus, another moderator here at Spells8. I know we have been able to speak a little with each other in other areas, but I wanted to formally welcome you & introduce myself. :smiling_face:

I don’t want to repeat anything thats already been said, except that I’m the ritual had worked so well for you & that you’ve been finding your way over the last month.

I agree with @MeganB that dealing with the general public can be very draining. Where I am at right now sometimes even just the people who reside here can be draining for me :rofl: But other people’s energies are very hard when you are out & about, there are quite a few different spells & ways to kind protect or shield yourself from them too. :blush:

I like to use Protection from Draining Energies & the Protection for empaths JAR SPELL.

I have similar views toward deities as @MeganB when working with them. Theres learning about them, their history, culture, & lore with reputable sources & it’s a continual learning process. It’s a relationship with meetings & offerings too. I am polytheist & in my case my deities kind of found me.

There are some sites & authors that aren’t as forthcoming with where they got their information, biased, not having a full understanding of the deity, or is AI generated so kind of to be taken with a grain of salt.

I do work with my ancestors & my shadow journey has led me through some things, but working through them to the other side has ultimately been the greatest part of that journey.

Everyone here is very friendly & helpful. I’m sure you’ll continue to learn! I learn something new every day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Feel free to ask questions, to jump in on any open topic, or start your own. :infinite_roots:

9 Likes

Thank you for the welcoming. As far as living with draining energy I live with that at home too with my bf unfortunately. .I’ll definitely have to try the spell and the jar. I did my first cleansing bath today and it was definitely needed. I’ve still only done one spell so far. So I would definitely like to start trying more very soon. Is there a way to decipher which authors are best? Prob by looking at their sources I’m guessing?.

8 Likes

@Devenne I’m so happy that the bath worked for you :smiling_face: I use the Protection from Draining Energies for myself, I have made that one up for my daughter to keep in her backpack when she goes to school also.

Ah, sources, background… some authors have books out on all these topics ranging from Gods to Divination to Chakras… but their content is AI generated & not because they practice or have looked into it themselves. Off the top of my head, Lisa Chamberlain & Mari Silva are 2 that are AI-generated content on so many things. I can remember doing a couple of my deep dives & when I would read something by one of them, I would also cross-check the information. There were times that 1 was very different than another or almost like they just heard it & ran with it. So any time I have done them & if one is listed as a source, whatever I used from them was also something I checked with another source listed to make sure it was accurate because I would just get this weird feeling about what I was reading. Almost like… Huh, that doesn’t seem right…" Then go along… Now I tend to stay away from anything written by them & DJ Conway… but DJ is just a non-reputable source & a whole other thing :laughing:

9 Likes

I will definitely be careful. Thankyou for this.! Blessed be! Hope you have a great day @Susurrus :heartbeat:

9 Likes

Welcome @Devenne to our community. I see your getting alot of help already! That is why i love this place. There are so many experienced witches with plenty of knowledge to share and to help you along your way.
Ive been practicing since July, and i am also from Indiana, and the classes are i seen have been mentioned to you have helped me out alot. There are print offs you can have to put in your Book of Shadows. I really like the cast a long they have here. Of course you can always switch it up and make it your own.
That is what i love about practicing so much is you make it your own and put your feelings, intentions into everything.
Wishing you the best of luck on your journey, and welcome again to our community.
Blessed be

10 Likes

I agree those qualities definitely drew me in as well. Thankyou for welcoming me. I’m so happy to have joined. Everyone is extremely helpful, loving, and thoughtful. I feel like I’m learning so much. I started looking for a binder so I can print a lot of that stuff out.i started saving it all.
Blessed be :heartbeat: thanks for writing me! Ps wonder how close you are to me.

9 Likes

I got my binder at a dollar general and put a picture on the front of it just to start off for now. I am very clumsy so i put my pages in prtective sheets and i get a little messy while doing my spells. These sheets have came in handy a few times, can wipe them right off or can just replace them.
I live about 30-40 mins from the ohio line.

The pages in my Book of Shadows come from this community. One of the many reasons why i love this place!

10 Likes

@wendy Good idea I was wanting to get the protective sleeves too. So I don’t have to worry bout sheets ripping out. Lol. I’m fifteen min from Merrillville.

9 Likes

I believe thats about 3-3 1/2 hours away from me.

10 Likes

@Devenne & @wendy I used binders and protective sleeves for the pages! I loved :heart: that you could put the pages back to back so it was like the pages of the book :hugs: I had a bulk type pack of them plus I found the ones from when my boys were in high school :laughing: I got the business card pages for my cards with the information on the different crystals that I got too. The binders made it so much easier for me when I would print things out & need to reference them.

9 Likes

@Susurrus that’s so perfect for I def need to get a couple binders and protectors.

@wendy That’s pretty cool! Also question if you are comfortable answering. Have you had any bad experiences with using a board?

9 Likes

@Susurrus it is nice having it to look back on. I started my Book of Mirrors binder the other day. Also have sleeves on them. I ran out of ink from printing off all my pages for my BOS so i have been writting these all by hand the last few days.
The book i got from 5.00 below along with the astrology book so i could use some referencea from the moon book to add to eqch sheet what the moon was in.

10 Likes

@wendy… I can’t count the amount of times I had run out of ink from printing pages for my binders. :flushed: At one time I had 5 binders :face_exhaling: Now I have fewer & I tend to use more handwritten things. So I have different types of journals for different things. Book of Mirrors, my deities each have one, things I do regularly like recipes, spells, & rituals of any kind.

@Devenne are you wondering about a spirit/Ouija board or something like that?

10 Likes

And printer ink is worth more than its weight in gold… :smiling_face_with_tear:

10 Likes

@Susurrus These days I wonder a lot. Hahaha :rofl: But yes that is one interest of mine. Listening to Raymond bucklanda book of spirit communications. There’s so many different opinions on this. Even if I wanted to for sure make the choice to use it. I don’t have any friends or anyone to use it with. Maybe when I decide if I want to I’ll find someone to use it with. Lol idk. What do u think? You use one ever?

9 Likes