Felt crafty today

I had an idea to make a Beltane windchime for my patio area, but that didn’t work out after many attempts. Lol, I think I’ve said I struggle with craftiness, but I keep at it!
So I stayed with the theme of Beltane and made a…kind of like a maypole mini?? It’s for my altar when I re arrange for Beltane.
There is a pic of beads that I tried to make into the infinity symbol for our Coven as well.

All in all I think it turned out pretty nice, considering I used Skewer Sticks! :laughing:

15 Likes

Loving the idea of homemade Beltane decorations! :heart_eyes: Craftiness is all about experimenting- something you have truly mastered, @Rowan! The result may not be what you originally had in mind, but sometimes the best inventions come from letting our creativity run wild :grin: Your mini maypole is gorgeous! :sparkles:

And bonus points for the Infinite Roots bead- such a fun idea! Thanks so much for sharing, Rowan :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

@Rowan It took me many years to find my craftiness. I love your maypole. I haven’t even thought of Beltane yet. Just trying to get through the days.

I learned to crochet from my mother at 17 but sadly I am a visual learner and didn’t get most of the pattern concepts as they didn’t always include good pictures of what the item was supposed to look like so I set it aside until 2002 when I found out I was pregnant with my 8th child and wanted to make her a blanket. After that I was hooked and found with the internet and Youtube a ton of visuals to take my craft to the next level. Then I found I loved to blend essential oils and was very good at it. I have taken classes for both crafts to be an expert in my field lol. I also took classes in wire wrapping which I still do but don’t sell (yet :wink: ) and I am getting back into candle making. There just isn’t enough time in the day to craft all that I want to make but I get it done somehow.

Blessed be :tada:

8 Likes

That’s amazing!!! I’m loving it!!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria @Magdelina @christina4 :grin:

8 Likes

You’re welcome :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

I love it! Unique in its own right.

7 Likes

that looks so pretty, now i feel imspired :smile: :rainbow:
blessed be

7 Likes

@summer2 Aww thank you! I can’t wait to see what you create!
Blessed Be,

7 Likes

Thank you @janelle :grin:

6 Likes

@janelle It is so colorful! You did a great job

8 Likes

Very cool! And it’s so colorful! Great job!

6 Likes

It’s awesome i love it :heart_eyes: it looks Alive, with all the colour and details :star_struck: It also doesn’t look like you used skewer sticks, I had to go back and have a closer look when I read that bit :joy: Well done on getting them all together tightly like that :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

7 Likes

That is so beautiful and inspirational! I’m celebrating Beltane for the first time ever, so I’m looking everywhere for inspiration. As silly as it is, I never thought to make a mini Maypole. It’s a wonderful idea and it came out so beautifully. I think I’m going to borrow your braided yarn? embroidery floss? idea to make some garland to hang around my yard. Or maybe a little sarong type thing to wear while dancing around the bonfire…

Thanks for getting the ideas rolling for me!

7 Likes

You did a great job! I love the way it came out. See crafting isn’t that hard to do! :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

I love it!! I can see the infinity symbol there!! :infinity: :infinite_roots: Have a colorful Beltane!!

6 Likes

Well I’ve started another craft project…:grin:
My dad was a man of many talents; he sang , played guitar, banjo, and fiddle, he was a mechanic, built racecars, wood work, and leather work. He had a collection of canes that he had made and when he passed I picked his bible ( not that I’m religious but because of the family history within it, he was a preacher for years also) and an unfinished cane. This cane has always had a place by my front doors, set in the corner.
Here is a pic of it before:

I’ve decided to stain it and then burn rune symbols into it. I’m thinking I need something for the top, maybe a resin crow skull???
Here’s a pic of round one of staining.

8 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus, @Amethyst @Liisa and @Francisco , I’ve told myself I will get more comfortable at crafting.

7 Likes

Wow that’s really impressive! You’ll be standing on your dad’s shoulders and receiving lots of spiritual guidance directly from him.

You did a nice job! The staff looks great!

8 Likes

Thank you, Francisco. :hugs:

6 Likes