Finding Your Innner Wild Woman

So today I pulled my Goddess Oracle Card by Amy Sophia Marashinsky and got Baba Yaga. The Goddess of Wild Women. And the meaning of the card is finding your own inner wild woman and setting her free. Integrating her into your life so you’re well balanced and not suppressing anything. “That wild woman is part of your joy, part of your vitality, part of your creativity.”

My problem? I’ve never been that wild. How do you connect to your inner wild woman when you’re idea of a fun night it a cup of tea and a new story to read? If I went out dancing in the rain I’d probably get weird looks from my neighbors and break my neck.

I’m an introvert, so I’m not one for sitting outside and gossiping. I’ve never drunk, I’m allergic to alcohol. Even when I was a teen my idea of a fun night when my Mom was out was grabbing all the Doctor Who books I could read and ordering pizza in. Let’s face it, I’m a square. LOL.

Any ideas on how I can connect to my inner wild woman?

5 Likes

@Amethyst Being a “square” could be your wild woman. In a world where all the squares/triangles/rectangles etc are trying to conform to the circle masses, the fact that you remain true to you is Wild! Play some loud music and dance to that beautiful beat.
Being comfortable in our skin and our truth is as wild as it gets, so many others die never truly being accepted by their own selves.
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

Heh. I listened to my music for about six hours this Saturday. Now I’ve got Don’t Give Up stuck in my head. But yeah, I’m mostly happy being on my own and reading, and thanks to my new meds I’m writing again so that’s fun. I guess I shouldn’t compare myself to people who get up on the table and dance. It just doesn’t feel that wild to me though. Thanks for the good advice!

3 Likes

@Amethyst I’m an introvert, but coming out of my shell just this year. Finding your wild woman doesn’t have to be going out on the town drinking and dancing the night away until 3AM. Your wild woman may be reading a different type of book with adult themes and drinking a brand new tea or buying something that you really want rather than something that you need, something just for you that you thought was frivolous spending. Playing your music really loud and jamming in the house. Your wild days aren’t over, they have just changed with the person that you have become. Maybe do a ritual that you have been putting off but spend the whole day preparing yourself for it and do some extra self care afterwards. Lay a blanket out and star gaze with some music playing that keeps you centered. I’m sure there are lots of ways to bring out your wild woman, and no 2 wild women are the same.

I hope this helps! :heart:

4 Likes

It does. Its has shown me I have a certain idea of what a wild woman is, and it’s not right all of the time. We’re all different and I’ve forgotten that. Thank you.

4 Likes

@Amethyst you are so very welcome. Don’t get caught up in what other people think is a wild woman, only you know what would be something wild for you to do, and I’m sure it will be perfect for you.

:heavy_heart_exclamation: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star2:

4 Likes

I am. I’m going to try to write some more today. After so long being blocked, ten years, I’m finally writing again and it feels good. :blush: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Awesome! I have been writing more lately too in my journal. Yesterday my daughter and I went to Michael’s and picked her up her very first journal. I told her it’s like her best friend. She can tell it whatever she wants and hide it where she wants because no one else needs to know what’s in it. The only thing is that she has to write in it every day, even if it’s just one sentence.

3 Likes

What a nice way to get her into journaling! I journal on my computer, my handwriting is too bad for me to write in sentences. Typing is much easier for me. I always start out with what the weather is like, that way I can watch the turn of the seasons out my window. Did you give her a journaling jar?

3 Likes

100% Spot on! :clap:

3 Likes

Awesome! I dont think I can say it any better than how @Susurrus put it, because that is exactly right. You do what is right, or good for you. If reading is something that reignites a happiness within you than try a new book with more so outside your usual realm to more broaden your scope of things, if that book isn’t your cup of tea, lol, then choose another. Writing is a great thing, I am working on my story through life, but sadly I have not written in while and desperately need to pick it up again.
Compare…no. Embrace … Always! Because no one is as awesome as we all are. Those people that get up and dance on the table may compare themselves to those who can sit and curl up with a book on a rainy day…Sometimes those we envision as living or encompassing a path we envy are struggling to achieve the very path we are walking.
So just enjoy your walk.
Love & Light

3 Likes

Thank you @Rowan!

@Amethyst I didn’t get her a journaling jar, I’m not sure that I know what that is, I know that I don’t have one. I think she needs it to get her feelings out and validated.

3 Likes

@Susurrus, a journaling jar is simply a jar you decorate and put little slips of paper in with different journaling prompts to get an idea about what to write. Here’s where I got the idea from https://daringtolivefully.com/journal-prompts

It’s just a fun way to get her to write. Just an idea really, I use that list to put up something on my Dreamwidth Journal every Monday, so I can talk to my friends on there even if I don’t have much to say.

3 Likes

@Amethyst this is cool! Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! Just something I found while faffing about on the computer. :grin:

3 Likes

That is a great idea @Amethyst, I will have to make one for me too! It will look great on one of my new shelves too! She will love the decorating part.

3 Likes

You’ve got some wonderful advice here, @Amethyst! :blush: I agree with @Rowan and @Susurrus- when looking for your inner Wild Woman, the key is that is indeed YOUR Wild Woman!

The stereotypical crazy party animal shenanigans we see in the movies may not call to you- because they aren’t related to your own unique wild side! :grin:

Your creativity, your vitality, and your joy- it seems you already have something that brings out these things within yourself :blush: I think you’re on the right path pursuing your writing! Perhaps your Wild Side lies within the lives of your characters? Their adventures, dreams, and goals? By bringing your dreams to life on paper (or screen lol!) I think this absolutely counts as also bringing our your Inner Wild Woman!

To help get you started, I’d like to share a spell that may help spark some motivation and creativity! Here is a Yellow Candle Meditation to help stimulate mental clarity and focus :thought_balloon::writing_hand:

Yellow-Candle-Spells-Rituals

Best of luck, Kasie! Bring out that inner wildness within you! :raised_hands::two_hearts:

3 Likes

@BryWisteria thank you again! I think the candle spell could really help too! I hope your writings come together for you easily @Amethyst

3 Likes

I can’t claim the idea @Susurrus, I found it on the internet. But it would look nice on a shelf. I bet you could do it easily.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words @BryWisteria! I have gotten good advice. I’ve been comparing myself to others and their happiness and that just won’t work for me. I’ve got to me be, not someone else.

And thank you for the link to that lovely meditation. I’ll try it this week. I’ve got my Moon Magic planned for tonight and the Corn Moon Magic for tomorrow. I’m so lucky to have found this group, you’ve sparked my magical practice into being more than just thoughts. :sparkles:

3 Likes