Full Moon Herbal Tea

Good afternoon everyone! I know that @Limeberry has been waiting for this recipe and I’m sorry that it’s late. I wasn’t in the forums much yesterday, but I have the herbs used for the tea.

It’s a full moon tea, “known for it’s antioxidant, Vitamin C, and light pain relieving properties. Brew when the moon is full & write a list of that which doesn’t serve you. Bury the list in the earth.”

Ingredients: Black tea, orange peel, cinnamon chips, apple pieces, rose petals

I used a tea ball and let it steep for 4 minutes.

I hope if anyone else gets to make this tea, that they enjoy it as much as I do. The aroma and taste fits perfectly for this part of the seasons and the Witches New Year.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

@Susurrus, this recipe sounds delicious!

4 Likes

Ooh gorgeous combo! Thanks for sharing @Susurrus :heart:

4 Likes

It’s a wonderful tea! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

3 Likes

That sounds like a great tea @Susurrus! Cinnamon chips like what you get in the baking stuff, or cinnamon chips like chips of the bark? Either way, it’s got to be good.

2 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst! The cinnamon chips would be from the sticks or the bark! It tastes and smells really good. I wrote my list, but I can’t bury it until tomorrow. We’ve had cold, wind, and rain for the bulk of the past week.

2 Likes

Okay, cinnamon bark chips. LOL. I thought it was like the cinnamon chips you put in cookies for a second. :woman_facepalming: Hopefully the weather will get better and you’ll be able to bury your list outside.

2 Likes

I think the rain is supposed to stop later tonight and be okay for tomorrow. So sometime after my appointments I’m hoping to get it done.

2 Likes

Good luck! Don’t hurt yourself doing it. Take care of that hip! :hugs:

2 Likes

I will be good. If I have to wait a little longer until I can get into the squat or bending position I won’t be too upset. The incision is healing pretty nicely… or it better be, it gets insanely itchy every night… and each night it gets a little worse. I take Benadryl to help with it.

2 Likes

I hate itching. I sometimes have to wear unna boots for diabetic ulcers on my legs. They’re basically gauze with medicine on them wrapped tightly around your legs followed by more gauze and then a constriction wrap. They feel good for a bit but I have fat legs and they itch like hell after they start falling down and wrinkling. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and get seen, I’m getting new ulcers on both legs this time. So I’ll be getting both legs itching. What fun.

2 Likes

Oh man, that’s not pleasant. I have to keep my incision dry and clean so there’s gauze and then a protective film over it to keep it dry. AND there is like New Skin glue on my incision so I’m sure that doesn’t help with the itching. I hope you get some relief after the doctors visit tomorrow! I’ll be thinking of you.

1 Like

This is such a lovely tea recipe- thanks for sharing, @Susurrus! :two_hearts: Good luck at your doctor’s visit :+1: And same to you, @Amethyst- good luck at your doctor’s visit as well! Hope everything goes well for both of you :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Yeah they glued up my small incisions with new skin when I had my hysterectomy. Problem is they had to go in and take it out another way and I ended up with staples too. Not fun. Glad to know you’re doing better too! I hope you have good news about driving today from the doctor.

Thanks love! I have to fight with my insurance to get my home health I think. Because I need my legs wrapped and they’re not wanting to do it. We’ll see how that fight goes. What a fun thing to do on a Monday. LOL.

2 Likes

I will be doing this! Thank you for the recipe :hugs:

4 Likes

Youre very welcome @christina4!

3 Likes