Full Wolf Moon in Leo 🌕 January 2024

Full Wolf Moon in Leo

The cycle of the moon has reached its peak with our Full Moon this week - we will have a Full Moon in Leo on January 25th with the peak happening at exactly 12:53 PM EST. In this post, we will take a moment to explore what a Full Moon is and how the sign of Leo might affect the energy of this moon. As usual, there will be links, ideas, and inspiration for spells, rituals, and meditations!

Please note: Some links go to pages specifically for Spells8 members - make sure you’re logged in!

What is a Full Moon?

A full moon happens when the moon is directly opposite the sun from the Earth. This means that the side of the moon facing Earth is fully illuminated by the sun, making it appear as a complete circle of light in the night sky.

Full Moon Magic Spells

As with anything in witchcraft, there are many different beliefs on what type of magick should be done during a Full Moon. Some witches believe banishing should be done. Others believe intentions should be set for manifestations. Still, others (such as myself) believe that the Full Moon is the best time for literally any spell you want because the energy is at its highest.

During the Full Moon, the Triple Goddess becomes the Mother of all beings. It’s a great time to work on intuition, spells of love, and prosperity. The Power of all Magic is truly at its peak, this lunar phase is key to either accept or reject projects, transformations, and manifestations that we initiated during the New Moon. - Spells and Things To Do on a Full Moon | Spells8

The Wolf Moon

January’s Full Moon is called the Wolf Moon in the Northern Hemisphere. In the Southern Hemisphere, this moon may be called the Thunder Moon, Hay Moon, or another regional name.

Wolf Moon Ritual & Spell

The Full Wolf Moon is associated with the strength, loyalty, and community of the animal it represents. Wolves are pack animals, strong and loyal by nature. They appear unafraid, letting nature take its course and relying on their survival instincts to get them through the darkest of winters. This month, we can be like the wolf in our magick and community. Spells for survival may be a good idea; survival in whatever capacity that looks like for you. Magick to benefit the community is also a good idea, drawing on the symbolism of the wolf and the pack.

The Sign of Leo

Leo is the Lion of the zodiac, a fixed fire sign ruled by The Sun. This sign is outgoing and extroverted, a sign that loves to live life to the fullest. Leo is loyal and often exudes a sense of ambition and drive. This carries them forward even through the most difficult of times. They tend to be proud, sometimes to their detriment, letting their ego drive them rather than their logic or heart. Leo enjoys being in the spotlight, though, and will do whatever it takes to have the attention when they want it.

Learn more about Leo :leo:Beginner Astrology - Guide to the Signs by @Cosmic_Curiosity

Magick for the Wolf Moon

When everything is put together, this Full Moon is extra potent. The Wolf and the Lion (sign of Leo) come together with their loyalty and community. Both are survivors, doing whatever it takes to keep themselves alive no matter the conditions. Both animals will protect their pack (or pride) of fellows, really drawing on that sense of community and loyalty. The Wolf finds themselves in many different climates, though they are often associated with dark, snowy winters. The Lion tends to be found in the Sahara, a place not known for its kindness. Both animals must be strong for different reasons.

Moon in Leo Meditation

All together, this Full Moon is packed with symbolism and energy. It is a good time to work on your community ties, friendships, and relationships. The energy of this moon will also be conducive to spells relating to self-care (and not the bubble bath kind, the survival kind) and doing what needs to be done for your survival.

Activities for the Full Wolf Moon in Leo

Since this Full Moon is all about strength, community, and loyalty, that is where our focus will lie for this post. However, that is not the limit to the Full Moon! As I mentioned above, I personally believe that the Full Moon is a time for whatever type of spell needs to be done. So, the only limit here is what you need.

Embody the Wolf

If you need strength and community, spend some time listening to a wolf meditation or wolves howling. I love doing this myself because I have always had a connection to wolves. In your meditation, become the wolf and feel what it would be like to live as that animal. Draw on the strength and loyalty of the wolf to embody during your day.

Adapt this meditation for the wolf :wolf:Invoking the Feline | Spells8

Be with Friends

Community and loyalty are important to this particular Full Moon. What better community than the one you already have? Spend some time with your friends this Full Moon. Have a bonfire or picnic, go shopping or see a movie. Be with your community and let the love and joy you share with each other fill your proverbial cups.

‘Reconnect’: A Friendship Charm Spell with Cloves

Check in with your Ego

Leo is a sign of pride, both good and bad. Now would be a great time to check in with your values and lifestyle. Do they match? Are you living your truth, or are you living in a way that protects your pride? Sit back and do some journaling or shadow work as you do this. You may be surprised at what you find!

Find more magickal prompts for everyday journalingEveryday Journal Prompts | Spells8

Remember, the energy of the Full Moon isn’t just for the one day that it reaches its peak. Personally, I give myself a three-day window for the Full Moon: the day before, the day of, and the day after. This works well for my practice and it may work for yours, too!

Do you plan to work with this Full Moon? What are your favorite ways to work with a Full Moon?

Let’s hear about it!

15 Likes

Awooooo~! Thank you for this, @MeganB! :heart:

Love the spell ideas and suggestions- something about a survival spell is calling to me. Perhaps I’ll find one to help endure the awful cold we’ve got going on here right now- brrr! :laughing: :snowflake:

Wishing Full Wolf Moon blessings to all- have a lovely full moon!

:wolf: :full_moon:

9 Likes

This is really helpful, thank you. Have a blessed Full Wolf Moon xx

7 Likes

You’re welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I feel like I’m gonna need some sort of survival spell, too – something for surviving the winter and hoping to the Gods I don’t need a new furnace! :scream:

You’re very welcome, @dawn13 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m happy to hear it’s helpful!

5 Likes

Oh goodness, hopefully not! Hang in there, furnace! :raised_hands: :fire:

Imbolc is on its way, with Ostara not far behind- we’ve just got a few more months to hang in there! Here’s to hoping that spring warmth will come early this year :pray: :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Hi Everyone, it’s been awhile but I’ve been lurking in the background. I hope all in the Infinite Roots coven is happy, healthy, peaceful.

My Wolf Moon Spell tonight.

Love this beautiful group :full_moon:

• Satu

6 Likes

Beautiful photo!! :wolf: :heart: So good to hear from you, hope you are doing well.

Kat
:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

5 Likes

My ritual tonight included the Wolf Moon Ritual and a Full Moon Tarot spread also!

5 Likes

I love seeing other people’s altars and setups! So pretty!

I adore the wolf card in the back!!! Such a great combination of abstract details that create a :wolf:

6 Likes

I did the Howling at the Moon spell, even with a little howling. I tried to convince my dog to join in but she only barked and couldn’t seem to get the hang of howling.

7 Likes

Beautiful moon rituals @Satu_TheGreenWitch, @brandy20, and @BlueAngelite! :full_moon: :wolf: :sparkles:

6 Likes

The Full Wolf :wolf: Moon of January 2024 has passed!