Funny, Fantastic and Favorite Flowers! đŸŒș

Your lily and marigolds look stunning, @Sarafeena_Sage- thanks for sharing the pics! :heart_eyes: As for the Echinacea and Chamomile, plants sure can be picky! Perhaps try them in a different spot? Sometimes even what seems like a minuscule change in the garden’s eyes is a world of difference to a plant :herb:

Wishing you good luck- may your gardens flourish! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Hi I’m curious what else you’ll use the Marigolds for? I seem to have an abundance of marigolds and not much info about the magical properties ECT. :sweat_smile::heart:

7 Likes

@zoe7 This article is a very thorough review of Marigolds - both medicinal and magical:

You will see the Aztec used them and also:
Garlands of marigolds can be strung together and hung above doorways to stop the evil eye from entering the house, while scattered under a bed will protect the sleeper. Placed in a sachet, they can bring happiness or protection, while carrying the flowers in your pocket is said to bring justice.

Marigolds can be used in a number of spells including:
Prophetic Dreaming
Protection Magic
Rebirth/Ressurection Magic
Offerings to attract spirits

I hope you have another good harvest this year!!!

9 Likes

Thank you very much for the information on Marigolds @jan_TheGreenWitch. I just used some last night in a shower sachet. I made so many last year that I didn’t plant any this year.
I do have some Calendula planted but only a couple and they are not blooming yet. Calendula was what I had intended to grow but I was confused since both are called marigolds. I have used them for several things so far. They are a wonderful flower and so pretty to grow :heart_hands: :sunflower:

Welcome to the forum @zoe7 . I hope you can find uses for your marigolds. They are an awesome flower! There is an abundance of information in the forum and lots of smart people to help. I really enjoyed growing, drying, and storing them.
:butterfly:

9 Likes

Ooh I love flowers! What a pretty ballerina. I’m not great with plants so I’m not growing any flowering ones right now, but I love:

Daffodil
Sunflower
Lotus
Snapdragon
Dandelion
Bluebells

Here are some pics from the internet:

Sources: DutchGrown, Wikipedia, Woodland Trust, Gardening Know How photo by jirapongb

11 Likes

These are gorgeous pictures, @chaitea43! :heart_eyes: Would you please share the source/site where you found them? While it is fine to freely share your own pics, for anything borrowed from another source (that isn’t public domain), the forum guidelines ask for credit to be given.

They really are gorgeous- I could look at beautiful flower pictures all day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The lotus in particular is stunning, there is something so relaxing about looking at lotus blossoms :heart::lotus:

Thank you so much for sharing them! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Yes indeed! Edited to add sources.

7 Likes

Oh wow!!! Thank you so so so very much!!! :heart::purple_heart::heart::purple_heart::heart::purple_heart:

7 Likes

You’re awesome, @chaitea43- thank you very much! :heart::raised_hands: :sparkles:

5 Likes

July 20, 2022

I put the date because if you scroll through to the beginning of the replies, I had posted a picture last time of a flower, inside a flower, inside a flower. Three flowers blooming out of one!

Well, this year about three feet to the right of where that was last year:

Another one! Different shades of orange though, but my husband found it today when he was going back to work & waited to show me!

8 Likes

Here is a wildflower that I know as Monkey Flower. It has a smile. Seep Monkeyflower (Erythranthe guttata / Mimulus guttatus) Wildflower Pictures | Wild Macro Stock Photography
DB90F4D7-9BFD-4690-A42C-CD6E2EF6B56C

8 Likes

Oh look at the little smiles! I need those too :laughing:

8 Likes

@Susurrus That’s amazing- I think you’ve got a power spot in your garden to have such amazing double blooms like that! :star_struck:

@crystal5 Hello cute little Monkey Flowers :face_holding_back_tears::heart: They are adorable!

7 Likes

I can’t believe it happened 2 years in a row to different flowers of the same color. We have yellow, maroon & yellow centers, orange-red, orange, and light yellow/orange. People just give us plants & it’s my job to figure out where they all go :laughing: I’ll have to take a picture while they are going through their blooming phase, where it’s been so hot, some of them aren’t happy mid-day but perk up around late afternoon. Fussy butts. My 3 hibiscus are supposed to love the tropical air
 they look sad sometimes around 11 AM
 if I could bring them inside to cool off, then I would. I certainly wasn’t expecting it to be 80 degrees at 6:30 AM this morning. That just doesn’t happen on the Cape :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

I just came across this thread! My undergrad degree is in Biology with a minor in Genetics and I have always loved the weird when it comes to plants and animals. Here a few flowers that I love.

Bat-faced Cuphea (Cuphea llavea) (photo courtesy of JKehoe_Photos)

Dancing Girls (Impatiens bequaertii) (source unknown)
Dancing-Ladies

The ever adorable Bee Orchid (Ophrys apifera) (photo courtesy of Björn Sothmann)
bee orchid

Happy Alien (Calceolaria uniflora) (photo from Our Breathing Planet, photographer Juilo Martinich)

And lastly, one of my favorites, the Monkey Face Flower (Dracula simia)! (photo from Bored Panda)
monkey face

6 Likes

OHH MY GODS! :bat: I love these so freakin’ much!

6 Likes

I can’t agree with this more! Those are amazing @Amaris_Bane I love the fun flowers, that’s how I wound up with bleeding hearts in pink & black :laughing:

6 Likes

Those and the bee orchid are my too favorite! The Happy Alien remind me of the Martians from Sesame Street!

Yup, yup, yup!

7 Likes

My smile got bigger and bigger with each one of these awesome flowers- gosh, nature is so much fun! :laughing: :heart: Thank you so much for all of these @Amaris_Bane, I definitely started my morning off right by seeing these! :bouquet: :blush:

7 Likes

Magickal properties aside, marigolds are awesome garden border flowers because they emit permethrins, which destructive bugs hate. Permethrins is the active ingredient for head lice remover.
So, I stand corrected because that is definitely a magickal property!

6 Likes