Garnet - are you out there?!

So happy you are doing good @robin77 and the weather has given you some reprieve from the higher temperatures. Good idea about the protection spells and we are all sharing in your gratitude for your safety.
:brown_heart:

12 Likes

@robin77 thank you for letting us know that you are okay! I’m happy to hear from you!

11 Likes

Hey kids, the electricity finally came back on. Solar, it seems didn’t take us entirely off-grid, so when FPL went down so did we. If we buy another Tesla battery at another 8 G’s we don’t have, we’ll be off-grid and totally independent.
Rich got a generator, which took more gas than our car, but it gave us CPAPs and refridg/freezers again. But we’d already Lost enough food to feed 50 people, that was the worst! I cried the whole time I threw it away. I wished I could have given it to the needy.
Got a small window AC, hooked into the generator, which kept us comfortable. Believe it or not, the pollen level was fair and for those of us with allergies… bad, bad, bad.
The citizens all pulled together to help each other.
This one made me cry, There’s a really big dairy farm (Dankin D) Their cattle were housed in a barn and the roof collapsed. They lost 250 milking cows. What a loss. This is the nicest darn family I’ve ever met and my heart broke for them.
The community showed up with tractors, backhoes, small earthmovers, and enough food.
to feed an army, because the schools were being closed, they had been dumping hundreds of gallons of milk.
Should anyone have a few dollars, their address is
Dakin Dairy Farm Market & Cafe
30771 Betts Rd, Myakka City, FL 34251

The last insult was a pulled ligament in my leg and spending 4 hours at the hospital.
Other than that, we’re fine.
Thanks and much love to my kind and caring family.
How are you all?
Garnet

22 Likes

YIPPEEEEEEE, I haven’t even read your response yet, just saying YIPPEEEE so happy you’re ok, I’ll read it now :)) lol @Garnet

**edited now that I’ve read your post @Garnet - I’m so happy you have a generator, that is a life saver for sure — I can’t believe you had a pulled ligament, that is indeed an insult and I am hoping it is truly the last one.

I’m just so so so so happy you’re ok - I could tell something physically happened to you, I’m weirdly thankful it was only your leg. Welcome back and I hope all is smoother as days progress onward from here. :brown_heart:

12 Likes

The funniest thing that happen was when the wind died down and I stopped crying. I said to Rich, I want to go home! I WANT MY MOTHER!

16 Likes

You sweet thing - I’m so happy you made it through, I’m sure it was and still is terrible - I don’t know everything you’ve gone through there but please know we all love you very much - big huge squeezie hugs :people_hugging: @Garnet

14 Likes

I’m so happy that you are ok @Garnet and @robin77! I have family and friends in Florida and it took a while for us to hear from them as well thanks to the power issues.

13 Likes

Im so happy that youbare okay! Its so great to hear from you! :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

Magical
~ Image Credit

All I can say is, “Thank the Gods and Goddesses!”

I am so very thankful :pray: you both are safe :people_hugging:
Sending love :heart: and healing :hugs:

In gratitude always

10 Likes

@Garnet !!! Yaaaayyy hon u are ok and safe. We were all sooooooo worried. We love u dearly

13 Likes

@robin77 so glad u and your family are safe dear one

13 Likes

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! * hugs you * You’re okay! Hearing you’re alright was great ending to a stressful day!

12 Likes

I am sorry about your poor leg! Ouch! I hope you recover soon. You have been through so much but it was so moving to hear how your community is helping each other. Take good care, good to hear from you!

13 Likes

You can’t imagine how relieved we all are that you and Rich are safe. The rest is just details, and they will work out in time.

12 Likes

Glad you are ok!!!

10 Likes

I am glad to hear you are safe!!

10 Likes

It is an absolute blessing to hear from you both,@robin77 and @Garnet! :raised_hands: :heart: It sounds like it was a very rough time, but it’s a huge relief to hear you made it through the storm :pray:

I imagine it will take time to work through the damage, as well as mourn the losses in the community. But so long as you’re okay and well, it can all be done!

Really so glad and grateful that you’re both okay :face_holding_back_tears::two_hearts:

11 Likes

@Garnet I am glad you made it through the storm. That is a sad loss for the dairy farm. It is nice to see the community pull together.
It is interesting how many of us want our moms for comfort in stressful times. Perhaps that is why some of us are drawn to a Goddess.

11 Likes

So so happy to hear from you. Sending so much healing to you and your community. Love hearing about the compassion of everyone there. Please continue to take care of your leg, especially through all this recovery and clean up.

9 Likes

I’ve been checking this post several times a day hoping to see a response from you both @robin77 and @Garnet. When I saw Robin respond, I was immensely relieved but still on edge waiting to hear from Garnet. Now this morning I wake up to this news and I am so relieved Garnet.

I’m a former military head and neck trauma nurse and have spent time in war zones treating victims. Areas devastated by storms like Ian look exactly like war zones. I can only imagine what you, your families, and your communities have gone through.

I am so happy you are both still with us and I hope life will return to normal for you quickly. You both have always been such lovely, positive lights here.

11 Likes