Gods & Goddesses of the Home: Protective Spirits of the Hearth

I hate to say this but I just sit down and write. Sometimes it’s even in between reading something else at the time that’s giving me inspiration, like my research books on the Tarot, or just whatever I’m reading at the time. Of if I have a theme, like with the weekly challenges.

Take for instance this weekend I want to write a tea blessing for myself since I need to do a thing to catch up on the Water Element badge. I’ve been thinking of what I want for myself for the day, what blessings I would ask for like health, prosperity, courage. Whatever it is you want. Then I just take the time to sit down and write it out. The rhyming dictionary helps a lot!

Hope this helps you out! Good luck writing!

8 Likes

That’s solid advice! I would listen to Kasie on this topic :+1:

Another tip: The classical Greeks would typically invoke a muse or deity when they were about to write or recite their poetry.

For example, Homer’s Odyssey begins with:

“Sing in me, Muse, and through me tell the story of that man skilled in all ways of contending.”

And The Illiad:

“Sing, goddess, the anger of Peleus’ son Achilleus and its devastation…”

Also, reading a lot of poetry helps!

11 Likes

Amethyst,
Sorry it’s a late response but I like that you pointed out that you find inspiration through books :books: then you write. I too get the inspiration through books.
Today I went to the gem fair and got some I inspiration through the crystals I am going to write about all the magikal things I bought and write how I think it will help me! Then I am going to turn it into poetry!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Ooh, I hope you share your poetry once you’re finished with it!

6 Likes

I think Joann was spot on about so much in the Harry Potter series. What drew me was the emphasis on good/evil inside all of us and what makes us who we are is what we choose. It’s so true! I took our dear Fluffy for granted until I saw Hecate’s three headed dog in the course about Hecate! And their names really jump out at me now! Joann really did her research!

I am so excited to learn more. I’m working on the Triple Moon Goddess right now, mainly the Greek pantheon. I feel Hecate’s call! I hope to really jump into it once the madness of the last week of school is over. I work with Special Needs Kindergarten and am pretty wiped out at the end of the day. But it’s a happy tired. I’ve learned so much from these kiddos, especially the little boy who loves Mother Earth! We worship every day at recess but we can’t call it that! He is in a Christian family and doesn’t know words for his Pagan calling but he lives it every day!

I told this precious soul that my Spirit animal is a moth. He found a moth for me and named it “Meeka!”

Life is good!

7 Likes

After I received my Domovoy, he lived on my altar for a while, I have since moved him to the entertainment center because it’s right in front of you when you open the door.

This is what happened to me after I started going through the courses & interacting with the forum. I realized I did that for years before & happened to be brought up in a Catholic family but my mom had a little interest in things & would share them with me. We just never talked about the what or why, she would show me things or tell me different things & I would run with it.

Hopefully one day he embraces it or he finds a way to verbalize what it is that he is feeling or experiencing for as long as he remembers.

6 Likes

I believe he will. He has shown great strength this school year with all the obstacles he has faced. He is the most connected person I know in terms of his place in the Universe, and I hope I will be able to see how he grows up. Our special education class only serves the kiddos one year and they move on to the program they need and it might be at another school. I will truly miss this young man and I hope he has the brightest future possible.

I wonder if more people are like this. I always knew I was different. I accepted what I was taught without question and I raised my daughter to do the same. She isn’t spiritual at all. She lives her life dancing to her own drum. And she is happy. I have been more open with my 15 year old grandson, her son, and have learned that he is way ahead of me in enlightenment!

We’ve come a long way!

6 Likes

Hooray for you and your Meeka- how exciting, Kim! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am sure he appreciates it- not only does it sound like a good spot to view those who come and go, he’s got great entertainment there to keep him happy! :blush:

6 Likes

Between the neighbors when we have the door open for the day, the antics in the house, &/or what’s on TV… he will never get bored :grin:

6 Likes

I am also feeling a strong pull towards Brigid. All Celtic deities actually. I think i am going to try to connect with her tonight. Excited!

6 Likes

@MysticLyn16 I would love to hear how it goes. She is an amazing deity to work with & I found when I was first starting, that she was very gentle & easy to build a connection with, maybe easy isn’t the right word but it was lovely.

I use this meditation to Speak with Her or connect with Her especially if it’s been a while:

Journey to the Goddess Brigid - Speak with Brigid

We also have the Tending Brighid’s Flame where everyday it is updated with a flame & Brighid’s oracle draw.

6 Likes