Golden Glow Oats Recipe 🌞 Beauty Magick

This week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge got me thinking about times when I felt most healthy and happy in my body. Something which sprung to mind was the time I was treated to a spa weekend - of course the whole experience was amazing but the FOOD! So colourful and healthy and yummy! My favourite thing they had for breakfast was this weird turmeric muesli porridge thing… so naturally I’ve gone and recreated it for us all now :joy:

This recipe can be enjoyed hot or cold - below is the porridge/oatmeal version cooked on the stove, but it also works as ‘overnight oats’ layered in a jar and refrigerated overnight.

Ingredients:

• Porridge oats
  • Coconut milk
  • Desiccated coconut
  • Raisins
  • Honey
  • Turmeric
  • Cinnamon
  • Fresh or frozen fruit associated with beauty e.g. Raspberries, Strawberries, Cherries, Apple

This is all ‘happy’ food which I associate with health, energy and inner-beauty!

Turmeric is a super ingredient here - it’s an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant, and has been used to fight headaches, PMS, IBS, arthritis, depression, heart problems and memory problems.

The recipe is super straight-forward, just chuck everything in a pot, medium-low heat and stir until it’s hot. Quantity-wise I put enough milk to just cover the oats (can always add more if its too gooey), a heaped teaspoon or so of turmeric, a large pinch of cinnamon, couple of teaspoons of honey (the raisins and coconut sweeten it quite a bit).

I like to start my mornings with 3 sun salutations (usually while the coffee is brewing- this morning it was once I’d gathered my ingredients) and chant:

Thank you for this beautiful day,
Thank you for bringing love and happiness my way.

As I added each ingredient to the pot I took a moment to smell each item and absorb it’s energy and chanted affirmations as below based on their correspondences and my intentions:

Oats - I am reborn and renewed
Coconut milk - I am purified by the power of the moon
Turmeric - I am healed, I am strong, I am glowing
Cinnamon - I am powerful, I am energised, I am beautiful
Desiccated coconut - I am loved, I am lucky, I am reborn
Raisins - I am full of life, I am happy, I am transformed
Honey - I am beautiful, I am loved, I am glowing

I then stirred clockwise with my right hand whilst holding crystals in my left.
I chose amber, rose quartz and tiger’s eye. Amber and Tiger’s eye are associated with warmth and beauty and felt like natural choices for this spell. Rose quartz is a huge favourite of mine at the moment - I feel inner peace, strong love, inner and outer beauty from this stone so I had to include it here too.
As I stirred I visualised a golden light passing from the crystals up my arm, through my heart and back down my right arm into the pot of oats.

When the porridge was ready, I dished up, topped it with

Raspberries - I am beautiful, inside and out

and as I ate I visualized a golden light surrounding my whole body. I’d pause after each spoonful or two, close my eyes and take a deep breath, on the exhale I’d visualize the light glowing brighter.

I think if I were to do an overnight oats version, I’d meditate with the jar in moonlight for a while before popping it in the fridge with crystals on top.
Enjoy!
:kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

15 Likes

That was beautiful!!! And healthy!!! I love it!

9 Likes

Mmm, that looks yummy! :yum: And so healthy too! Thank you for sharing!

7 Likes

That looks tasty as a picnic!! :watermelon:

Thank you for sharing this spell and your experience too :smiley:

8 Likes

Look at those gorgeous oats! :heart_eyes: Not just healthy and tasty, but full of powerful magickal goodness too :sparkles:

I’ve been (trying to lol) eat oatmeal for breakfast in the mornings- I usually use one fresh fruit, one dried fruit, yogurt, and cinnamon. Turmeric sounds like it could fit in very nicely- I’ll have to give it a try!

Thanks so much for this recipe, @Limeberry!

8 Likes

Limberry,
It looks good maybe my bloating will go away if I eat more fiber and I will feel healthy!
Honestly, I love to eat good!
When I eat horrible I feel horrible!
Thank you for sharing your recipe!
I love oatmeal! The Raspberries really make it look good too!
Jeannie

8 Likes